T Nation

The Wolverine

I may be the only one but I am fucking pumped for the new Wolverine movie.

Probs cause the last one left me with a sour taste in my mouth and the productions team decision to base it after X-Men 3 instead of another prequel has promise.

Also Hugh Jackman in X-Men 3 was one of the first physiques that motivated me to start lifting.

I like the 1st Wolverine movie

I’ve always had a question about Hugh Jackmans dietry intake when he is bulking for Wolverine.

They say part of his eating habits included getting up at 3am, having 20 uncooked eggs and then going back to sleep.

Now I looked this up and found it to be an unrealistic thing to do as cooked eggs have a better protein gain than raw. Does the sheer volume of eggs overcome this problem?

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
I like the 1st Wolverine movie [/quote]

I like it for Hugh Jackman’s portrayal but the movie itself was a mess of continuity.

+A wolverine movie needs to be R Rated.

[quote]harrypotter wrote:
I’ve always had a question about Hugh Jackmans dietry intake when he is bulking for Wolverine.

They say part of his eating habits included getting up at 3am, having 20 uncooked eggs and then going back to sleep.

Now I looked this up and found it to be an unrealistic thing to do as cooked eggs have a better protein gain than raw. Does the sheer volume of eggs overcome this problem?[/quote]

this I seriously doubt. 20 uncooked eggs?

Now I looked this up and found it to be an unrealistic thing to do as cooked eggs have a better protein gain than raw. Does the sheer volume of eggs overcome this problem?[/quote]

this I seriously doubt. 20 uncooked eggs?[/quote]

For real. Swallowed whole and unshelled. Like a snake.

Thats a good joke.

[quote]optheta wrote:

Thats a good joke.[/quote]

meh, it enterainted me. I liked them all cept for X3

[quote]optheta wrote:

meh, it enterainted me. I liked them all cept for X3[/quote]

Origins would have kicked some amount of ass if they had actually spent a significant amount of time in each war, the into to the movie was the best part.

Agreed. Wasn’t a bad movie at all. It was a bit diluted with other characters, but overall I enjoyed it.

Hope the new movie focuses entirely on Wolverine.

[quote]optheta wrote:

I even liked X3 because I don’t give a fuck about the X Men and thought it was entertaining.

I hope he portrays the character closer to how he was in the first X Men, he had the gruffness perfect.

I thought the first one was lame. Hopefully they pull their head out of their ass and write and direct a better movie this time.

It’s interesting. An egg has 6 grams of protein and 20 eggs would mean 120 grams of protein. Raw, uncooked eggs only give half the protein content from what I’ve read, so that’s 60 grams of protein. Probably enough. Waking up in the middle of the night to eat them and then go to sleep sounds odd. I’d think that would be worse for your recovery and REM sleep than adding a meal would help. I have a tough time getting back to sleep usually if I wake up in the middle of the night. Especially if I turn a light on.

First off, wolverine is a short, hairy, 300 lbs man of agression. Hugh Jackman’s portrayal is very “pop”.
He doesn’t have anywhere close to the build or look. Hugh Jackman is like the anime skinny jeans teenager version of wolverine. Where are the massive legs,thick forearms, wide back and so forth? At the very least, he should look like this: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_0P9ZTV_V4eE/TQBBYNCrTgI/AAAAAAAAAAM/WvXxhZmP_cI/s1600/1410872951_27bc2c3002.jpg

A guy that looks like this would be great (scroll down):
http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?32901-Wolverine/page7

Then there’s the fact that the way they make him fight is fucking dumb. The guy is supposed to be a master martial artist. The fuck is he doing with those wild retarded swings and lack of fighting form?

The way wolverine is portrayed is just terrible. This movie will be just as terrible as all the other ones.

I’m not too bothered over hugh jackmans build not being in line with the comic book cause it just gives me something to look forward to for when they inevitably reboot the series.

I couldn’t agree more on the fighting part, he just flails about like crazy.

[quote]legendaryblaze wrote:
First off, wolverine is a short, hairy, 300 lbs man of agression. Hugh Jackman’s portrayal is very “pop”.
He doesn’t have anywhere close to the build or look. Hugh Jackman is like the anime skinny jeans teenager version of wolverine. Where are the massive legs,thick forearms, wide back and so forth? At the very least, he should look like this: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_0P9ZTV_V4eE/TQBBYNCrTgI/AAAAAAAAAAM/WvXxhZmP_cI/s1600/1410872951_27bc2c3002.jpg

Then there’s the fact that the way they make him fight is fucking dumb. The guy is supposed to be a master martial artist. The fuck is he doing with those wild retarded swings and lack of fighting form?

The way wolverine is portrayed is just terrible. This movie will be just as terrible as all the other ones.[/quote]

So which short, hairy, 300lbs-of-muscle actor would you like to head this A-list movie?

[quote]Cimmerian wrote:

The way wolverine is portrayed is just terrible. This movie will be just as terrible as all the other ones.[/quote]

So which short, hairy, 300lbs-of-muscle actor would you like to head this A-list movie?

[/quote]

Jack Nicholson 20 years ago.

[quote]Ambugaton wrote:

[quote]Cimmerian wrote:

[/quote]

Jack Nicholson 20 years ago.[/quote]

Franco Columbu 30 years ago voice dubbed by Clint Eastwood.