The Wilding of Sarah Palin

I’m not particularly a huge fan of Sarah Palin, but this article exposes some perceptions of the ‘Left’ with respect to women in power and women in general. Interesting read, IMHO.

The Wilding of Sarah Palin

When I was in college, I read a book that changed my life. It was Susan Brownmiller’s tome, Against Our Will: Men, Women, and Rape, which explained rape as an act of power instead of just lust. What I found particularly chilling was the chapter on war – how rape is used to terrorize a population and destroy the enemy’s spirit.

While edifying, the book magnified the vulnerability I already felt as a female. Fear of rape became a constant dread, and I sought a solution that would help shield me from danger.

The answer: seek safe harbor within the Democratic Party. I even became an activist for feminist causes, including violence against women. Liberalism would protect me from the big, bad conservatives who wished me harm.

Like for most feminists, it was a no-brainer for me to become a Democrat. Liberal men, not conservatives, were the ones devoted to women’s issues. They marched at my side in support of abortion rights. They were enthusiastic about women succeeding in the workplace.

As time went on, I had many experiences that should have made me rethink my certainty. But I remained nestled in cognitive dissonance – therapy jargon for not wanting to see what I didn’t want to see.

One clue: the miscreants who were brutalizing me didn’t exactly look Reagan-esque. In middle and high schools, they were minority kids enraged about forced busing. On the streets of New York City and Berkeley, they were derelicts and hoodlums.

Another red flag: while liberal men did indeed hold up those picket signs, they didn’t do anything else to protect me. In fact, their social programs enabled bad behavior and bred chaos in urban America. And when I was accosted by thugs, those leftist men were missing in action.

…more

Full Article (American Thinker):
http://www.americanthinker.com/2009/11/the_wilding_of_sarah_palin.html

Rest of article.

[quote]What else should have tipped me off? Perhaps the fact that so many men in ultra-left Berkeley are sleazebags. Rarely a week goes by that I don’t hear stories from my young female clients about middle-aged men preying on them. With the rationale of moral relativism, these creeps feel they can do anything they please.

What finally woke me up were the utterances of “bitch,” “witch,” and “monster” toward Hillary Clinton and her supporters early last year. I was shocked into reality: the trash-talk wasn’t coming from conservatives, but from male and female liberals.

I finally beheld what my eyes had refused to see: that leftists are Mr. and Ms. Misogyny. Neither the males nor the females care a whit about women.

Women are continually sacrificed on the altar of political correctness. If under radical Islam women are enshrouded and stoned and beheaded, so be it.

My other epiphanies: those ponytailed guys were marching for abortion rights not because they cherished women’s reproductive freedom, but to keep women available for free and easy sex.

And the eagerness for women to make good money? If women work hard, leftist men don’t have to.

Then along came Sarah, and the attacks became particularly heinous. And I realized something even more chilling about the Left. Leftists not only sacrifice and disrespect women, but it’s far worse: many are perpetuators.

The Left’s behavior towards Palin is not politics as usual. By their laser-focus on her body and her sexuality, leftists are defiling her.

They are wilding her. And they do this with the full knowledge and complicity of the White House.

The Left has declared war on Palin because she threatens their existence. Liberals need women dependent and scared so that women, like blacks, will vote Democrat.

A strong, self-sufficient woman, Palin eschews liberal protection. Drop her off in the Alaskan bush and she’ll survive just fine, thank you very much. Palin doesn’t need or want anything from liberals – not hate crimes legislation that coddles her, and not abortion, which she abhors.

Palin is a woman of deep and abiding faith. She takes no marching orders from messiah-like wannabes like Obama.

And so the Left must try to destroy her. And they are doing this in the most malicious of ways: by symbolically raping her.

Just like a perpetuator, they dehumanize her by objectifying her body. They undress her with their eyes.

They turn her into a piece of ass.

Liberals do this by calling her a c__t, ogling her legs, demeaning her with names like “slutty flight attendant” and “Trailer Park Barbie,” and exposing her flesh on the cover of Newsweek.

And from Atlantic Magazine’s Andrew Sullivan: “Sarah Palin’s vagina is the font of all evil in the galaxy.”

Nothing is off-limits, not actress Sandra Bernhard’s wish that Palin be gang-raped or the sexualization of Palin’s daughters.

As every woman knows, leering looks, lurid words, and veiled threats are intended to evoke terror. Sexual violence is a form of terrorism.

The American Left has a long history of defiling people to control and break them. The hard core '60s leftists were masters of guerrilla warfare, like the Symbionese Liberation Army repeatedly raping Patty Hearst. Huey P. Newton sent a male Black Panther to the hospital, bloodied and damaged from a punishment of sodomy.

The extreme Left still consider themselves warriors, righteous soldiers for their Marxist cause. With Palin, they use sexual violence as part of their military arsenal.

Palin is not the only intended victim. As Against Our Will described, the brutality is also aimed at men. By forcing men to witness Palin’s violation, the Left tries to emasculate conservative men and render them powerless.

The wilding of any woman is reprehensible. But defiling a mother of five with a babe in her arms, and a grandmother to boot, is particularly obscene. It is, of course, Palin’s unapologetic motherhood that fuels the leftist fire.

Because as a mother and a fertile woman, Palin is as close to the sacred as a person gets. She is not just politically pro-life. Her whole being emanates life, which is a stark contrast to the darkness of the Left, the life-despoilers.

These “progressives” are so alienated from the sacred that they perceive nothing as sacred. And they will destroy anyone whose goodness shines a mirror on their pathology. The spiritually barren must annihilate the vital and the fertile.

It has been almost two years since I woke up and broke up with liberalism. During these many months, I’ve discovered that everything I believed was wrong.

But the biggest shock of all has been realizing that the Democratic Party is hardly an oasis for women. Now that it has been infiltrated by the hard Left, it’s a dangerous place for women, children, and other living things.

In the wilding of Sarah Palin, the Left shows its true colors. Rather than sheild the vulnerable, leftists will mow down any man, woman, or child who gets in their way. Instead of a movement of hope and change, it is a cauldron of hate.

From Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Hatred paralyzes life; love releases it. Hatred confuses life; love harmonizes it. Hatred darkens life; love illuminates it.

In these dark times, with spiritually bankrupt people at the helm, thank God we have bright lights like Sarah Palin to illuminate the darkness.[/quote]

I like Sarah Palin, she’s a cutie and she’s smart. Not a bad combination, plus I am betting she knows how to cook.

Good article, pretty insightful.

[quote]HG Thrower wrote:
Good article, pretty insightful.[/quote]

Which insight did you like the most: that the Left hates Sarah Palin because she is a self-sufficient woman, a mother and a Christian or that men support abortion so they can have women available for free and easy sex?

My favorite line was, “And the eagerness for women to make good money? If women work hard, leftist men don’t have to.”

[quote]Bill Roberts wrote:
My favorite line was, “And the eagerness for women to make good money? If women work hard, leftist men don’t have to.”[/quote]

I always suspected that was the case.

so, like always, the right is saying minorities are raping a white woman while the jews keep a look out. conservative white males watch helplessly as their women are defiled…this is in no way insightful. this is like The Birth of a Nation infused with contemporary terminology.

Your reading comprehension is A+

Palin is married and happy. Something most liberal female pundits are not. They despise her out of jealousy.

Give one of those tools a wink and a smile and you can watch their head explode. Palin has it down pat.

Excellent article. Thanks for sharing.

Bullshit, standing for office is like turning up to high school, people will do everything in their power to single you out and bring you down, nothing is beyond attack. Yes she was attacked in a sexist way because she is a woman same as Obama was attacked for being black or not black enough McCain was attacked for being old etc.

Politics is a vicious business, to not attack Palin for being a woman would actually be sexist because you would be treating her differently based on her sex.

So Robin of Berkeley is Robin T. Lakoff?
http://linguistics.berkeley.edu/people/person_detail.php?person=22

An article by Robin T. lakoff, “Palin the Poet”.

Edit:

Looks more likely that she’s Robin Fine
http://www.womenstherapy.org/faculty.htm#robinf

Or maybe she’s Robin M. Akert?
http://www.wellesley.edu/Psychology/Akert/

i think the article misses the fact that her ONLY redeeming quality is her grade-A MILF looks. I didn’t hear the outrage of ostensibly non-racist conservatives when Obama was being portrayed as Curious George. Why don’t conservatives learn the fucking Golden Rule they go on about so much?

A great article, gonna send this to all my liberal friends.

[quote]Cockney Blue wrote:
Bullshit, standing for office is like turning up to high school, people will do everything in their power to single you out and bring you down, nothing is beyond attack. Yes she was attacked in a sexist way because she is a woman same as Obama was attacked for being black or not black enough McCain was attacked for being old etc.[/quote]

Why don’t you provide us with some instances from your no-doubt-lengthy (else you would not have written the above, correct?) list of examples of the McCain campaign, the media, or major conservative outlets of any sort attacking Obama for being black?

[quote]pushharder wrote:
Cockney Blue wrote:

…same as Obama was attacked…

Adios, usted es por este medio descalificado.

The “same,” huh? LOL

Your lightweight political commentary is once again entertaining.[/quote]

And your delusional ranting is once again hilarious!

[quote]Bill Roberts wrote:
Your reading comprehension is A+[/quote]

LOL. Everything gets re-interpreted in teh liberal brain to make it say what they want it to say.