Timber’s White Brick Chronicles

Oh definitely! The paint makes the muscle!

Calves on fire from the first real training w the new machine…
Cardio n warm up then
Biceps- straight bar curls, preachers, inc DB curls —5 sets each
Triceps - OH DB extensions, skull crushers, V-bar push downs— 5 sets each

After this month considering the biceps every dam day by CT. Being 6’4” I need all the bicep help I can get.
Weight down to 233 despite eating like a hog at 6 meals a day…

Cardio and Back day today.
Warm up
Strict chins WG 7/5/4/4
Lat pull downs x4
T-bar x 5
Low row x 4

1 Like

30 min cardio again on the stationary bike. Looking fwd to getting outside on the real bike when the weather breaks.

TRAPS — progressive shrugs up to 275, 8 tot sets. Light upright rows

SHOULDERS— side lats// rear lats on bench// DB OHP//. 26 tot sets

CALVES— standing // donkey// seated — 15 tot sets

2 Likes

20 cardio today

TRICEPS— dips, skull crushers, reverse grip push downs, bench lock-outs

BICEPS— reverse grip chins, rope hammer curls, reverse incline bench curls.

1 Like

Okay, I have to ask. If you want to gain a little, why the cardio everyday?

I think it helps keep my metabolism running top speed by doing the cardio. I don’t wanna get fat. I wanna keep my heart strong. Plus I love to eat. All my meals aren’t white bricks haha…I’m eating 6 a day and I’m not skeered of burgers n beer. And don’t forget I’m 50 lol

I’m always open to suggestions and I ain’t too old to learn

1 Like

Cardio for 25 this morning.

Should be chest and calves but I’m giving the calves till tomorrow since I can still feel them from the last blast.

CHEST
Inc DB press 30/40/50/60x5 sets
Inc bar press 100/120/135x5 sets
Cable crossovers x3
Peck deck x2

This lighter chest workout (in a 6 day rotation) that is in a plan of progression, increasing very slowly in weight has been working very well in the rehab of my shoulder.

2 Likes

30 more cardio

HAMS
Leg curls n stiff leg ded lifts
12 sets

QUADS
Squats and extensions
14 sets

2 Likes

Worked out perfect so I trained calves tonight…seated, then standing and then donkey w a 60 lb tied to my belt…19 sets total…roasted

3 Likes

1 Like

Yesterday’s food…I don’t count calories just try to get in the needed protein

5a…2 pack instant oats
1 Egg/ham/cheese
4 eggwhite bricks
applesauce

930a…Quaker Oats
3 Eggs
8 oz whites
Cheese
1-Sausage

1130a…Roasted Wild Turkey
Sweet potato
Broccoli

2p…Ham
Cheese
Bread
Mayo

430…Wild Turkey
Bread
Cheese
Mayo

630p…Cottage cheese
Albacore tuna

915p…Mex cow meat w cheese n beans
Stir fry duck w teriyaki
Broccoli

Usually only get 6 meals…7 just worked out yesterday
Looks like I need more fruit and veggies
Input welcomed.
I used to add blueberries in w oats but @Voxel noted the antioxidants and training correlation and my training is generally 5-6am

2 Likes

How much berries were you taking in?

While it is true that antioxidant consumption can undo some work in the pursuit of muscle, it’s… complicated. I don’t have any sources to quote directly as to the rationale behind their decision making in light of the antioxidant conundrum, but I’ve read enough sample meal plans from various coaches to extrapolate that normal fruit consumption pre- and post-workout is fine.

Berries, oranges and apples are great pre-workout (I’m fond of the latter for its fiber content)

Pineapple, kiwis, apricots, dates, bananas are great post-workout.

Berries post-workout are fine even if you aren’t lean. In general, if you are fat, opt for low-GI carb sources even post-workout (again, majoring in the minors but if we are splitting hairs)

Here’s some additional reading,

I’d keep curcumin and omega-3s away from your workout. Otherwise, I wouldn’t pay too much mind to it.

1 Like

Thank you for responding @Voxel. I was only adding a handful of berries and thanks to you and reading I have moved all anti inflammatory supps to the evening since I train in the mornings.
I’m 6’4” and 234 trying to gain more muscle. I have a little mid section fat but the remainder of me is lean…I guess that comes w being 50 and eating like a common person for a while. I will read the sources after training this morning - thanks again

If that’s the case I’d have the berries with the oatmeal.

1 Like

Good readings - thanks again
Here is what I’m working with…

2 Likes

No need to skimp on the berries. Not fat.

1 Like

30 on the bike

SHOULDERS N TRAPS
DB presses 6
Side lats 5
Leaning side lats 3
Inc bent over lats 5

TRAPS
Progressive shrugs up to 300…7 tot

1 Like

My inner clock wakes me 330-4a about 99% of the time…today was the 1% dammit. I don’t really plan days off and take them when they present themselves… this could be in the things that piss ya off thread but I guess I needed it. I’m gonna eat a lot today

1 Like

Blasted triceps and biceps today. Got in my cardio and weighed in a hair more than yesterday after eating all day lol

After cardio every day I do a fairly extensive warm up with a light bar
BN press x40
Bar on shoulders twists x50
Deep squat x10
Toe touch x 10
Front raises x10
Crunch on bench x30
Leg lifts on dip bars x10
And that cycle is completed 3 times. I attribute it to helping me not injure my old self ha

1 Like