The Week After Your Meet

You filled back up nicely after 4 weeks. Your stomach looked better, and everything else looked better. Little water weight can go a long way I guess. I am just a bit over 5’10", and about 230lbs ATM. Would like to be lean at 190 - 200ish.

Actually got leaner during those 4 weeks. The main point was to show that it can be done but don’t expect to drop BF and get stronger.

Just shoot for the long slow approach.

1 Like

Yes, but it’s still suboptimal. It just isn’t the absolute worst thing possible.

Not really. The more slow twitch muscle fibre you have the more reps you should be able to do at a given percentage and elite powerlifters are not normally going to be slow twitch dominant. 70% is something you should be able to get at least 10 reps with, but how often do you see powerlifters doing sets over 10 reps? Maybe on some bodybuilding-type assistance lifts, but even then you need to go somewhat heavy to get anything out of it.

It was the gay for pay that built his arms. High volume for time.

Chad Wesley Smith used to do stuff like that too, but he stopped and I don’t see anyone he coaches doing that. You need some degree of work capacity for sure, but at some point it becomes counterproductive. Remember that the whole point of this sport is to move as much weight as possible for a single rep.