The Way Forward

When do you follow up with the ortho for the MRI results?

[quote]ddot76 wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:
Welcome I believe I have spoke to you somewhere before. Glad you finally decided.

You should freak a lot of guys out with the volume you do. :slight_smile:
[/quote]

Not this guy. :slight_smile:

Welcome.[/quote]

Not this guy neither!!! We got us another bodybuilder. Watch out folks, we are TAKING OVER!

I freaked out when I saw you BW+55 lb pullups. F##king awesome.

[quote]dday wrote:
Welcome DJS, glad you decided to come over. Remember on Thursday we gather around the pond and feed the ducks, it’s also tapioca pudding day.[/quote]

Every third Saturday is ‘dance night’, some of the young 'uns here have even been known, upon hearing a burst of Debbie Gibson, to get up and have a bit of a boogie with the some of the nurses. Ha ha.

The rest of us residents tend to just sit with blankets on our legs and reminisce about what life was like in the 80’s. Ahhhhh, remember when you had to actually get out of your chair and walk up to the television to change the channel? Yeah, really. But you try telling these kids today that and they won’t believe you! Ahhhh…great days…

Welcome aboard.

[quote]kpsnap wrote:

[quote]JoeGood wrote:

You find all sorts of lifters here though offically 5/3/1 is the only acceptable routine.[/quote]
Total liar. Joe is.[/quote]

KP, talking like Yoda, again you are.

DJHT: I have follow up appointment this afternoon. I’ll be sure to keep you posted.

Canada_K: Thanks man. It was only one rep though.

FarmerBrett: Thanks for the warm welcome. I’m not scared to dance and i love Yoda. :wink:

INJURY UPDATE!!!

I got the results of my MRI yesterday afternoon. It turns out it is not the hip. It is a partial tear of the left hamstring at the Ischiel Tubelosity. Which is way up at the top by the hip and explains why i’m in so much pain sitting on it all day at work and on the bud. I probably shouldn’t of done those SLDLs yesterday morning. LOLZ.

Soooo… The tough mudder race is out. I’m going to drop legs except calves i guess and stop running. I’ll look into finding a PT today. upper body every day baby! It’s like i’m back in high school.

SO goals will have to change short term

Its going to be rehab!
Second… i had chronically tight hamstrings for a long time from sitting all day and commuting. I would stretch the shit out of them and they would tighted right back up the next day when i went to work. I knew this would lead to injury and so it did. I want to work on rectifying this problem for the future. I’ll talk to the PT about staying loose and what i can do differently on that front.

Ok so onto this morningings workout.

Chest/Bi’s

BB bench press
45 x 5
95 x 3
135 x 3
185 x 3… this felt HEAVY. Prob should of did a jump in the middle
205 x 2… saved some
225 x 3… grindy grindy on third one but wanted to beat my CGBP from earlier this week.
175 x 8
155 x 10

BB Incline Bench press
135 x 8
135 x 7
135 x 6
Those were hard but didn’t want to go less then a plate per side

DIPS
BW x 3
BW+25 x 3
BW+45 x 3
BW+90 x 4
BW+25 x 5… was shot

BICEPTZZZZ
ALT DB Curls
20s x 10
30s x 10
50s x 10… last three were murder

EZ bar drag curls… first time in mylife i did drag curls. kinda weird…kinda cool
+20 ps x 16
+30 ps x 10
+32.5 ps x 8
+35 ps x 8… drop set to +25 ps and did another 7

EZ reverse curls
+20 ps x 8
+20 ps x 7
+20 ps x 7

Doneski

[quote]JoeGood wrote:

Welcome, don’t eat the pudding if you are going to be playing bocce later.

You find all sorts of lifters here though offically 5/3/1 is the only acceptable routine.[/quote]

I’ve heard rumors that those who didn’t believe in the power of 5/3/1 have been snatched and eaten in the night…

DJS- Where in NJ are you?

[quote]SteelyD wrote:

[quote]JoeGood wrote:

I’ve heard rumors that those who didn’t believe in the power of 5/3/1 have been snatched and eaten in the night…

DJS- Where in NJ are you?[/quote]

I’m in Central Jersey near the PNC arts center. That is exit 116 on the Garden State Pkwy and I am 117.

[quote]SteelyD wrote:

[/quote]
I have never been snatched and eaten in the night. Well, at least not in your context. Not sure why my writings have been Yoda-esque. Confused, I am.

A torn hammie. Ouch. That will take some serious time to heal, I imagine. Lots of PT-type stuff. Most of us are familiar with that regiment.

And love Joe. I do.

[quote]kpsnap wrote:

[quote]SteelyD wrote:

[/quote]
I have never been snatched and eaten in the night. Well, at least not in your context. Not sure why my writings have been Yoda-esque. Confused, I am.

A torn hammie. Ouch. That will take some serious time to heal, I imagine. Lots of PT-type stuff. Most of us are familiar with that regiment.

And love Joe. I do.[/quote]

So much I love this post, I do.

[quote]kpsnap wrote:

[quote]SteelyD wrote:

[/quote]

this is a good day for sure.

I heart this post

nice work- good session
hamstrings- ouch goodluck

[quote]SteelyD wrote:

[quote]JoeGood wrote:

DJS- Where in NJ are you?[/quote]

I am a heretic , Dan John is the messiah.

[quote]kpsnap wrote:

[quote]SteelyD wrote:

[/quote]

I see what you are doing here…

Sorry to hear about the hamstring.

Good luck with the rehab. (Seems to be a motto of this group these days)

Whats up bro, liking the volume, Im not too far from you, I live in Staten Island…Ill be following.

Yeah Matty… not far at all. I can get there in about 30 minutes depending on traffic. Thanks everyone for stopping by.

I’m gonna toss some pics in here. I’m sure my avatar will change but when i go back here i will want to see where i was at. These pics were all taken two weeks ago when i hit my lowest weight of 168. Up to 171ish. Will keep eating around maintenance till i can seriously hit legs again.

biceptz

prof x ish stance but a lot smaller

skinny