The Warrior Diet – Any Results?

Have any of you tried this diet? If so, what were your results like? I recently took some “before” pictures and relized that I’m not muscular; I’m a fat bastard!

Anyway this diet approach kinda simple. Just looking for some feed back.

-Uga

Good book but not a very good diet to follow.

Follow JBs and Lonnies reccomendations and you should be able to reach any goal.

The Makers Diet and the ecology Diet are also great books with tons of info.
However if you want to look like a fitness model or bodybuilder do what others have done to reach the same goal.

JA

The Warrior Diet says eat little to nothing during the day and then have a big meal at night.

You want to know the diet that sumo wrestlers follow to gain their massive amounts of fat? They eat little to nothing during the day and then have a big meal at night.

I have a client who loves it and has dropped 3% bodyfat in 1 month.Try it. If it works for you,it works.I agree that there is BETTER data on this site and out there, but it might fit into a frame of your progress.Let us know how you do.Good luck!,Zachariah

Thanks for the feedback guys. I’ve done the basic JB type eating plan w/great success. The only thing that intrigued me about this diet was the suggestion that it could counter act the blood-sugar “peaks and valleys” I experience when I eat my 5 - 6 meals.

Thanks
Uga

[quote]mccoyjn wrote:
The only thing that intrigued me about this diet was the suggestion that it could counter act the blood-sugar ?peaks and valleys? I experience when I eat my 5 - 6 meals.[/quote]

Well, you could just eat foods that don’t cause massive blood sugar spikes and insulin release when you don’t want it. That has more to do with what you eat, not when you eat it.

Nick

From experience, an individual with a slow metabolism can actually do very well on this diet, especially if he trains immediately before the huge feast and minimize catabolic situations during the day … taking something like a Mag-10 or 4-AD-EC + Power Drive + phosphatidilserine (to lower cortisol levels) first thing in the morning might avoid the muscle breakdown that could occur during the day. So it could actually be possible to gain muscle and loose fat at the same time onthis diet.

HOWEVER this would only work for individuals with a slow metabolism. Those with an average or fast metabolism will loose a lot of muscle mass because the protein turnover rate during the day is too rapid, one big meal just wont compensate for the 18 hours of catabolism.