The War on Boys

[quote]Phoenix44e wrote:
Side question, anyone ever have to stand in the corner?

That punishment was fucking ridiculous, though a walk in the park compared to the others I received. [/quote]

I had to stand facing the wall with my arms raised above my head.

It becomes quite painful after 10 minutes or so.

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:
My sister in law and her husband practice peaceful parenting. Their oldest daughter walks all over them and is generally a pain in the fucking ass to deal with. It’s a shame too because she’s cute as a button. [/quote]

I spanked my first 4 daughters rarely, but on occasion.

The only time I did it in anger was when the second eldest, then a young teen, left after curfew (the one put on by the authorities, not me) during one of the many arab attacks to go kiss on a boy.

We couldn’t find her. The police couldn’t find her.

The military assumed she had been kidnapped because they had just heard “chatter” that the arabs wanted to kidnap a young girl as a hostage. They started to get ready to go invade the neighboring arab town (where a kidnapping squad existed), and innocent people (soldiers and arabs) probably would have gotten killed.

She showed up just in time. Picked up by a patrol. Boyfriend ran away like a coward.

She got a pretty serious ass-whipping, one we all talk about to this day, now with laughter. As a young, married, well-adjusted, adult, now in medical school, she freely admits she deserved every bit of it.

And, the fact that I whipped her so bad (and it was bad) probably kept her out of prison as the local IDF commander was PISSED at her and her boyfriend. (The boyfriend got 3 months of community service as well as never getting to see my daughter again.)

Anyway, long way of saying, my “first family” all got spanked. Generally in a deliberate, calm, and orderly fashion after about 20 times on the naughty stool, taking away blankets, whatever, failed to work. Last resort and reluctantly dealt.

The current Mrs. Jewbacca swore she would never spank, but a willful 3 year old broke her of that idealism. Again last resort.

And last resort spanking will remain.

That is, unless they go wandering off into PA territory, in which case they will get an immediate ass whipping of Biblical proportions, right after I hug them and make sure they are OK.

[quote]Phoenix44e wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]Phoenix44e wrote:

[quote]pushharder wrote:

[quote]beachguy498 wrote:

If I was a new parent today, I would home school my kids. [/quote]
[/quote]

What about the lack of social interactions that come with homeschooling?[/quote]

I was home schooled for a year (7th grade). I spent evening and weekends playing sports so there was plenty of interaction. I went outside and played with neighborhood kids too. Not sure if that’s a viable option nowadays. [/quote]

Well what about social interactions with the opposite sex, or people who generally wouldn’t run in the same circle as you?
[/quote]

I guess that would depend. I interacted with girls in some capacity at church back then, but I was still relatively young (what’s 7th grade around 12?). I’m not sure I would home school, if I would at all (which I would not most likely), beyond middle school.

As far as interaction with those in other circles, does that really happen anyway?

[quote]Jewbacca wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:
My sister in law and her husband practice peaceful parenting. Their oldest daughter walks all over them and is generally a pain in the fucking ass to deal with. It’s a shame too because she’s cute as a button. [/quote]

I spanked my first 4 daughters rarely, but on occasion.

The only time I did it in anger was when the second eldest, then a young teen, left after curfew (the one put on by the authorities, not me) during one of the many arab attacks to go kiss on a boy.

We couldn’t find her. The police couldn’t find her.

The military assumed she had been kidnapped because they had just heard “chatter” that the arabs wanted to kidnap a young girl as a hostage. They started to get ready to go invade the neighboring arab town (where a kidnapping squad existed), and innocent people (soldiers and arabs) probably would have gotten killed.

She showed up just in time. Picked up by a patrol. Boyfriend ran away like a coward.

She got a pretty serious ass-whipping, one we all talk about to this day, now with laughter. As a young, married, well-adjusted, adult, now in medical school, she freely admits she deserved every bit of it.

And, the fact that I whipped her so bad (and it was bad) probably kept her out of prison as the local IDF commander was PISSED at her and her boyfriend. (The boyfriend got 3 months of community service as well as never getting to see my daughter again.)

Anyway, long way of saying, my “first family” all got spanked. Generally in a deliberate, calm, and orderly fashion after about 20 times on the naughty stool, taking away blankets, whatever, failed to work. Last resort and reluctantly dealt.

The current Mrs. Jewbacca swore she would never spank, but a willful 3 year old broke her of that idealism. Again last resort.

And last resort spanking will remain.

That is, unless they go wandering off into PA territory, in which case they will get an immediate ass whipping of Biblical proportions, right after I hug them and make sure they are OK.
[/quote]

Thanks for sharing Jewbacca.

[quote]jbpick86 wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]magick wrote:

[quote]jbpick86 wrote:
These parents are idiots and are raising giant pansies. Boys like to hurt each other and get hurt, if they don’t they are too docile and need some toughening up and to lay off the add meds.
[/quote]

Honestly, I’m terrified of how badly my future parenting methods will conflict with the expected parenting methods of the future.

If I did what my parents did, I’d probably go to jail.[/quote]

My wife and I are hoping to have kids in the next year or two. This is probably what scares me the most. [/quote]

Kinda thinking that having a girl ahs made this a little easier. [/quote]

Nah. Just don’t be a pussy. Play rough with your kids from day one, Boy or Girl. Doesn’t matter.

I just explain to her that she doesn’t play that way with other kids, lol. When she is older than 3 she’ll figure it out on her own.

We’re getting her into karate and I’m going to have a 22 in her hands by fall at this rate of maturity…

Fuck the nanny state. My kids will be able to take care of themselves.

[quote]countingbeans wrote:

[quote]jbpick86 wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]magick wrote:

[quote]jbpick86 wrote:
These parents are idiots and are raising giant pansies. Boys like to hurt each other and get hurt, if they don’t they are too docile and need some toughening up and to lay off the add meds.
[/quote]

Honestly, I’m terrified of how badly my future parenting methods will conflict with the expected parenting methods of the future.

My wife and I are hoping to have kids in the next year or two. This is probably what scares me the most. [/quote]

Nah. Just don’t be a pussy. Play rough with your kids from day one, Boy or Girl. Doesn’t matter.

I just explain to her that she doesn’t play that way with other kids, lol. When she is older than 3 she’ll figure it out on her own.

We’re getting her into karate and I’m going to have a 22 in her hands by fall at this rate of maturity…

Fuck the nanny state. My kids will be able to take care of themselves. [/quote]

Whoa Beans, a gun in a kids hand… JESUS FUCKING CHRIST BEANS!! WHAT ARE YOU THINKING…

lol

[quote]Phoenix44e wrote:

[quote]pushharder wrote:

[quote]beachguy498 wrote:

If I was a new parent today, I would home school my kids. [/quote]
[/quote]

What about the lack of social interactions that come with homeschooling?[/quote]

I have two in-laws that were home schooled. You would never know from talking to them. One has a university degree and the other has an advanced college diploma. You can put kids into sports, Scouts, and other programs that have nothing to do with the school.

Edited

[quote]TooHuman wrote:

There’s no reversing the damage to the parental bond because the child will always internalize the need to protect themselves from you instead of using reason to negotiate with you.[/quote]

Right.

There is no negotiation. I’m your fucking father, not an administrator. Authority, end of story.

People who can’t learn to handle authority at a young age end up failures in life. Not liking it is one thing, not respecting it… Dead beats.

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

And even more importantly, anyone, including you or anyone else on the other side of this debate you’re trying to get into, who makes absolute statements about how to raise children is wrong. There is no one size fits all and all children are different.
[/quote]

1000x this. My boy was easy as shit. Never even considered hitting him outside of two times. (The second he was 13 or 14, and is lucky to have all his teeth. I was seething.)

My daughter… I swear she likes pissing us off. It’s only a matter of time before my wife slaps the taste out of her mouth, lol. That kid is just like her father, and I caught more than a couple beatings lol.

[quote]alpha_mike wrote:
School is a joke. After reading, writing, math and some science it’s a whole lot of bullcrap. History, for one, is probably the worst offender.

[/quote]

History is “bullcrap”?

lmao… Jesus, tell me you aren’t this dumb.

[quote]alpha_mike wrote:
School is a joke. After reading, writing, math and some science it’s a whole lot of bullcrap. History, for one, is probably the worst offender.

[/quote]

History is “bullcrap”?

lmao… Jesus, tell me you aren’t this dumb. [/quote]

Why do we need to know history Beans?

Speaking of which I heard this great German speaker. His name was Andrew or Rudolph or something along those lines. Anyway he’s got some great ideas!

I have nephews… But perhaps more relevant are my three children (12,9,3). There is little to no reasoning with kids under 5. In fact, too often, you hear parents trying to reason with their little kids and then demanding that their teen-agers just “do it because I said so”. This is bass-ackwards. Little children must learn authority and obedience. As they get older, kids need to begin to understand why. It is part of the weaning process.

Physical punishment, done under control and out of correction (love), is a very effective tool. Done from anger or out-of-control is damaging. In the end, spanking is just another tool in the parenting tool-kit.

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]jbpick86 wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]magick wrote:

[quote]jbpick86 wrote:
[/quote]

Whoa Beans, a gun in a kids hand… JESUS FUCKING CHRIST BEANS!! WHAT ARE YOU THINKING…

lol[/quote]

Both my 17 year old, and wife, who shoot probably 50% and 80% less than I do respectfully have better groups with a pistol than I do to this day. In rifle I can make the boy look silly now, but my wife is a fucking natural. I haven’t even let her bench shoot yet, because if she out groups me… I just give up lol.

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]alpha_mike wrote:

[/quote]

History is “bullcrap”?

Speaking of which I heard this great German speaker. His name was Andrew or Rudolph or something along those lines. Anyway he’s got some great ideas!

[/quote]

Oops!

History is NOT crap. Sorry. I meant that A LOT of important history seems to be left out of the cirriculum. By all means, teach history…but tell the whole story, from all sides.

You know what I mean…

[quote]alpha_mike wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]alpha_mike wrote:

[/quote]

History is “bullcrap”?

[/quote]

Oops!

History is NOT crap. Sorry. I meant that A LOT of important history seems to be left out of the cirriculum. By all means, teach history…but tell the whole story, from all sides.

You know what I mean… [/quote]

Fair enough. Sorry for assuming the wrong way, lol.

all good. glad somebody caught it and I checked back in.

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]jbpick86 wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]magick wrote:

[quote]jbpick86 wrote:
[/quote]

lol[/quote]

Both my 17 year old, and wife, who shoot probably 50% and 80% less than I do respectfully have better groups with a pistol than I do to this day. In rifle I can make the boy look silly now, but my wife is a fucking natural. I haven’t even let her bench shoot yet, because if she out groups me… I just give up lol. [/quote]

Lol.

Make sure you’re cheek weld is fucking legit. Learning a proper cheek weld made a huge and immediate impact for me.

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

Make sure you’re cheek weld is fucking legit.[/quote]

Yeah, I’m getting good with Irons. But my eyesight is really shit for my age, and I can’t see 50 yards. Front sight focus = Beans can’t even make out the target except for a blur.

I can fuck up a man size target for sure… Plinking a tin can? Not a shot in hell, lol.

So I’ve put optics on everything, and unless it Paralax free, I’m pretty fucked unless bench shooting. Which I’m MOA at this point with a shit scope. So I have high hopes. Just tossed an Aimpoint on the AR, really hoping both eyes open shooting improves my target acquisition.

Cheek weld and breathing I’m good with for my skill level. I’m working on trigger control, follow through, etc at this point.

[quote]Captain Needa wrote:
I have nephews… But perhaps more relevant are my three children (12,9,3). There is little to no reasoning with kids under 5. In fact, too often, you hear parents trying to reason with their little kids and then demanding that their teen-agers just “do it because I said so”. This is bass-ackwards. Little children must learn authority and obedience. As they get older, kids need to begin to understand why. It is part of the weaning process.

Physical punishment, done under control and out of correction (love), is a very effective tool. Done from anger or out-of-control is damaging. In the end, spanking is just another tool in the parenting tool-kit.
[/quote]

Obviously not all children that are physically punished/spanked become criminals.
You have no evidence that physical punishment is a very effective tool. You had no way of knowing whether your children would be negatively effected in the way that a mountain of evidence suggest children overall are effected.

Further, you have no evidence that your children would not have turned out BETTER if you had invested the time and effort in learning and executing alternative means of parenting.

Saying that your children turned out well due to physical punishment is like saying that the 2/3 of smokers that don’t die from smoking turned out well because they smoked.

There’s a mountain of evidence about the harm any amount of physical punishment does to children.

I already posted a video enumerating the evidence above.

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

Make sure you’re cheek weld is fucking legit.[/quote]

Yeah, I’m getting good with Irons. But my eyesight is really shit for my age, and I can’t see 50 yards. Front sight focus = Beans can’t even make out the target except for a blur.

I can fuck up a man size target for sure… Plinking a tin can? Not a shot in hell, lol.

So I’ve put optics on everything, and unless it Paralax free, I’m pretty fucked unless bench shooting. Which I’m MOA at this point with a shit scope. So I have high hopes. Just tossed an Aimpoint on the AR, really hoping both eyes open shooting improves my target acquisition.

Cheek weld and breathing I’m good with for my skill level. I’m working on trigger control, follow through, etc at this point.

[/quote]

Trigger control was another big one for me. I would hold a pulled trigger on my M-16 for at least a full second before slowly releasing it. You should be able to feel the trigger click forward. It helps to keep you from jerking after a shot.

It comes with time and practice like most things.