The War on Boys

No argument here. I credit this with some of the rise in “ADHD” and the use of stimulants to control it.

[quote]pushharder wrote:
dodge ball and tag are considered ‘bullying’ or ‘human target’ games. They are banned in many states…[/quote]

please tell me this is a joke? Seriously, just lie if it isnt because i’d like to keep my faith in humanity at least til the news at 6.

[quote]pushharder wrote:
This subject has been visited many times here on T-N. It surely needs doing again on a site named “Testosterone Nation.”

Childhood Criminalized: Suspended in Elementary School

"Yet, in today’s dystopian classroom, the male student finds himself struggling in a ‘climate’ that generally favors more compliant and less kinetically wired girls.

‘Across the country, schools are policing and punishing the distinctive, assertive sociability of boys. Many much-loved games have vanished from school playgrounds,’ Sommers wrote, spotlighting that ‘tug or war’ has been replaced by ‘tug of peace’ and dodge ball and tag are considered ‘bullying’ or ‘human target’ games. They are banned in many states…

Sommers, too, wondered about the on-going mad science experiment in public schools. It is designed ‘to re-engineer the young-male imagination.’ She noted that this attempt is only succeeding in one way in the public schools – in sending a clear and unmistakable message to millions of schoolboys: You are not welcome in school.'"

The public school system is a vehicle to indoctrinate children to enter into the tax farm, to form parental bonds with the state instead of their parents.

Arguing about what should or shouldn’t go on in public schools is like arguing what should or shouldn’t go on in concentration camps.

[quote]EmilyQ wrote:
No argument here. I credit this with some of the rise in “ADHD” and the use of stimulants to control it.[/quote]

ADHD is bullshit. Anxiety is the proper response to the hellhole that is public school.

Being well adjusted to an Orwellian society is no indication of mental health.

1 Like

Human Targeting is an awesome name for dodge ball. It makes it sound even more fun.

[quote]TooHuman wrote:

[quote]EmilyQ wrote:
No argument here. I credit this with some of the rise in “ADHD” and the use of stimulants to control it.[/quote]

ADHD is bullshit. Anxiety is the proper response to the hellhole that is public school.

Being well adjusted to an Orwellian society is no indication of mental health.[/quote]

Just about everyone i knew growing up was on ritalin, or aderall because they were “hyper” ie. they had lazy parents and wanted their kids quiet infront of a tv vs. them being kids and running around like kids are supposed to

[quote]AliveAgain36 wrote:
Human Targeting is an awesome name for dodge ball. It makes it sound even more fun.[/quote]

One of my daughters came up with “zombie apocalypse.” Basically tag, but if you get tagged, you join the hunt for “survivors.” Also run with your hands out in front of you.

She’s in kindergarten.

I thought it was awesome, but apparently other parents didn’t approve.

[quote]Aggv wrote:

[quote]pushharder wrote:
dodge ball and tag are considered ‘bullying’ or ‘human target’ games. They are banned in many states…[/quote]

please tell me this is a joke? Seriously, just lie if it isnt because i’d like to keep my faith in humanity at least til the news at 6. [/quote]

On the other hand, I loathed games like dodgeball. It’s difficult to see how having my bigger, stronger classmates throw hard balls at me broadened my knowledge base at all. It wasn’t a huge deal emotionally for me since I was a girl, but I would imagine that small, nerdy boys were tortured. It should not be a part of P.E. curriculum, it should be left for recess and let kids choose whether to participate.

[quote]EmilyQ wrote:

[quote]Aggv wrote:

[quote]pushharder wrote:

please tell me this is a joke? Seriously, just lie if it isnt because i’d like to keep my faith in humanity at least til the news at 6. [/quote]

On the other hand, I loathed games like dodgeball. It’s difficult to see how having my bigger, stronger classmates throw hard balls at me broadened my knowledge base at all. It wasn’t a huge deal emotionally for me since I was a girl, but I would imagine that small, nerdy boys were tortured. It should not be a part of P.E. curriculum, it should be left for recess and let kids choose whether to participate.[/quote]
What recess? Kids have to participate in designed activities until they’re old enough to use the playground equipment unless their parents think it’s too stressful! I still can’t believe no more red rover!

[quote]EmilyQ wrote:

[quote]Aggv wrote:

[quote]pushharder wrote:

On the other hand, I loathed games like dodgeball. It’s difficult to see how having my bigger, stronger classmates throw hard balls at me broadened my knowledge base at all. It wasn’t a huge deal emotionally for me since I was a girl, but I would imagine that small, nerdy boys were tortured. It should not be a part of P.E. curriculum, it should be left for recess and let kids choose whether to participate.[/quote]

But maybe it motivated small, nerdy boys to get stronger and someday, join TNation. Or become CEO’s and own those that used to throw balls at them.

[quote]EmilyQ wrote:

[quote]Aggv wrote:

[quote]pushharder wrote:

Yup, hated dodgeball also. Pretty much got my ass handed back to me each and every time. Always seemed to be against upperclassmen of greater size with better throwing arms.

BUT…I learned from it that you can do loathsome, seemingly unfair (to you), often painful stuff once in a while and not die.

Good training.

I guess smear the queer is out lol.

[quote]StevenF wrote:
I guess smear the queer is out lol. [/quote]

After you smear the queer, everybody piles up on him in a n***** pile.

I’m guessing kids don’t do that anymore…?

Not to pick on Em, because she’s a great sport about all this, but the idea that if you’re being targeted or get hurt during a game it’s somehow undesirable is a very female idea.

Dodgeball was exhilarating and I sucked at it. In 4th grade, I could barely lob the ball past the halfway line, but I was out there dodging balls for my life with the best of them. There was nothing better than picking up the loose ball in smear the queer and running for your life as 20 other kids were in hot pursuit. And when you got caught, you got piled on and you couldn’t breath and maybe someone stepped on your fingers, too. But you couldn’t wait to do it again.

Get physically beaten in a game in not a bad thing for most boys. It’s a very desirable part of the game.

[quote]Dr. Pangloss wrote:
Get physically beaten in a game in not a bad thing for most boys. It’s a very desirable part of the game.
[/quote]

This

[quote]Jewbacca wrote:

[quote]AliveAgain36 wrote:
Human Targeting is an awesome name for dodge ball. It makes it sound even more fun.[/quote]

One of my daughters came up with “zombie apocalypse.” Basically tag, but if you get tagged, you join the hunt for “survivors.” Also run with your hands out in front of you.

She’s in kindergarten.

I thought it was awesome, but apparently other parents didn’t approve.[/quote]

That is awesome. And amen to human targeting. I actually wasn’t very good at most sports when I was really young, but I was athletic if that makes sense. Dodgeball was one of the few sports where I was picked early because I was fast, small, and hard to hit. Would have sucked if we hadn’t played it. And is doing something you aren’t good at every now and then really going to kill you. If a adolescent boy really has that big of a problem with getting hit with a rubber ball, then he actually needs to get in a few dodgeball games to toughen him up. No woman likes Mr. “ouchie a splinter”. Dodgeball actually helps the geeky guys dating chances.