The war in Afghanistan is OVER!!!

Thank goodness. It was only 13 years, more than a trillion dollars and 2224 American lives (not to mention the ten thousand maimed).

So after thirteen years and all that blood and treasure, the Tailban and AQ are stronger than ever, the Afghans that helped us are shitting their pants because they and their families will likely be tortured and killed and we are still leaving 11,000 soldiers to help “keep the peace”.

“they’re not soldiers, they have a NON COMBAT mission (even though they are in a combat zone)”

I wonder what rules of engagement our dear leader has imposed upon the “not-soldiers” who are being left there with their proverbial dicks hanging out.

I only have one question:

WHERE IS THE FUCKING VICTORY?

We paid so dearly for THIS? It barely made a headline…

I don’t see what you’re so upset for. We did the same thing in Iraq and that went perfect. Why shouldn’t we do the same thing in Afghanistan?

[quote]on edge wrote:
I don’t see what you’re so upset for. We did the same thing in Iraq and that went perfect. Why shouldn’t we do the same thing in Afghanistan?[/quote]

It was the TALIBAN and AL QAEDA who attacked us. We failed to defeat them. Now we are just giving up. The juice wasn’t worth the squeeze.

As for Iraq, why did we go to war with them? Did Saddam Hussein attack us? No… So I really don’t give a fuck about how we ended things in Iraq. But Afghanistan? We should have WON that war. We should have unleashed the dogs of war upon those fucking towelheads and ground them into dust. Instead, they are stronger now than when we started the war back in 2001. They are massacring SCHOOL CHILDREN and we are pulling out…

To top it off, the Taliban have declared they have defeated us, as we turn and leave with our fucking tail between our legs. I’d say that is an accurate statement.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/12/29/us-afghanistan-war-idUSKBN0K70UC20141229

We went in there to KILL TERRORISTS and to STOP the taliban and AQ… Did we accomplish that? NOPE. They won. Thanks, Obama.

Yeah, freaking Obama said Afghanistan was the “Just War” but we still pulled out. There may be a shady area saying Bush was responsible for us pulling out of Iraq even though it happened under Obama’s watch, but not so with Afghanistan. What a disgrace.

Pakistan (our ally) was giving the Taliban safe haven (to massacre their children.) If Pakistan the nation were a person, it’d be defined as mentally ill. Schizophrenic at best.

Maybe it was the mistake of fighting a war on 2 fronts.

On 9/11/01, I’d hoped we’d crush the living hell out of them. Too bad it was not meant to be.

What’d we do wrong? What could we have done right? How could we have beaten these bastards?

[quote]Gkhan wrote:

What’d we do wrong? What could we have done right? How could we have beaten these bastards? [/quote]

In my opinion, if anyone attacks us in anyway, including harboring terrorists who attacked us, we should rain bloody hell down on them and then come on back home. No soldiers on the ground, no establishing of a new government or any shit like that. No declaration of war or any kind of statement to the world. Just blast away to make a point then just go back to our regular business.

The way we’ve been doing it just breeds hatred and a new population of Muslims who want nothing more than to destroy America. We should teach them to know one consequence of an attack on America; massive destruction to their country. And it should cost us the lives of no troops what so ever.

[quote]Gkhan wrote:
What’d we do wrong? What could we have done right? How could we have beaten these bastards? [/quote]

Look at Vietnam. How could we defeat the Viet Cong without invading the North? Yet we didn’t, and guerilla just kept trickling in.

How we could permanently drive the Taliban out if they just fled into the mountains? How can you even drive an enemy like that to surrender?

War is just different now. Consider that we drove Japan and Germany to surrender by killing massive numbers of civilians

This is why: A large swatch of the American public and the media won’t let us respond the only way the radicals would fear and respect: total, overwhelming and unbridled force.

Civilians would get killed. A lot of them. BUT the rain of fire would be so damn devasting, it would turn their shit hole to burning sand. And then we should wipe out the internet in that God-forbidden place. Force them to the bargaining table. Or turn their homeland into burning sand.

That’s how you win against these folks. But it will never happen. Maybe, maybe if NYC has a terrorist attack and we lose a million. Then maybe. But probably not. The media will kick and scream about human rights.

And really, why do we allow ISIS to have Internet access?

Serious question.

[quote]NorCal916 wrote:

Serious question. [/quote]

Because the US doesn’t control the internet

[quote]NorCal916 wrote:
This is why: A large swatch of the American public and the media won’t let us respond the only way the radicals would fear and respect: total, overwhelming and unbridled force.

Civilians would get killed. A lot of them. BUT the rain of fire would be so damn devasting, it would turn their shit hole to burning sand. And then we should wipe out the internet in that God-forbidden place. Force them to the bargaining table. Or turn their homeland into burning sand.

That’s how you win against these folks. But it will never happen. Maybe, maybe if NYC has a terrorist attack and we lose a million. Then maybe. But probably not. The media will kick and scream about human rights. [/quote]

I love how some of you guys argue on one thread to be good moral Christians yet here you are advocating the death of innocent civilians.

You guys argue that these terrorists are so bad that they kill innocent people and here you are wanting to do the same and call yourself righteous.

This is exactly why this shit will never end. One man’s terrorist is another man’s freedom fighter.

[quote]Facepalm_Death wrote:
War is just different now. Consider that we drove Japan and Germany to surrender by killing massive numbers of civilians
[/quote]

Uh, no.

I gave a solution. Whether it’s “right” is another topic. Remember, there are just wars.

[quote]hmm87 wrote:

[quote]NorCal916 wrote:

Serious question. [/quote]

Because the US doesn’t control the internet[/quote]

No kidding. But we can shut it down.

[quote]hmm87 wrote:

[quote]NorCal916 wrote:

That’s how you win against these folks. But it will never happen. Maybe, maybe if NYC has a terrorist attack and we lose a million. Then maybe. But probably not. The media will kick and scream about human rights. [/quote]

I love how some of you guys argue on one thread to be good moral Christians yet here you are advocating the death of innocent civilians.

You guys argue that these terrorists are so bad that they kill innocent people and here you are wanting to do the same and call yourself righteous.

This is exactly why this shit will never end. One man’s terrorist is another man’s freedom fighter.[/quote]

How “innocent” are muslims anyway? They believe that we in the West should die horrible deaths because we have the audacity to let our women outside without covering their faces (or any number of bullshit religious reasons that those child molesting, polygamous psychos invent). We obviously can’t REASON with these people. They wont listen. They pose an existential threat to the United States. We have the technology. Why shouldn’t we have turned that fucking shit hole into a sheet of glass? We would probably be able to keep our shoes on at the airport if we had.

Stupid religious people respond to ONE thing: being destroyed.

[quote]angry chicken wrote:

[quote]hmm87 wrote:

[quote]NorCal916 wrote:

This is exactly why this shit will never end. One man’s terrorist is another man’s freedom fighter.[/quote]

How “innocent” are muslims anyway? They believe that we in the West should die horrible deaths because we have the audacity to let our women outside without covering their faces (or any number of bullshit religious reasons that those child molesting, polygamous psychos invent). We obviously can’t REASON with these people. They wont listen. They pose an existential threat to the United States. We have the technology. Why shouldn’t we have turned that fucking shit hole into a sheet of glass? We would probably be able to keep our shoes on at the airport if we had.

Stupid religious people respond to ONE thing: being destroyed. [/quote]

The people who grow up in that area are definitely brainwashed. You can’t say all muslims are bad because you have radical people in all religions. You also have to look at it another way. When someone in the middleeast sees their family blown up by the US they don’t think “oh well it’s just collateral damage”. They will obviously want revenge. also why should they listen to the demands of the US. There are many forums on here where people argue that America shouldn’t listen to the demands made by other nations.

[quote]hmm87 wrote:

[quote]NorCal916 wrote:

I’m not Christian and these terrorist hide behind innocents but I’m not sure just how innocent they actually are. My understanding is their religion teaches that non believers need to be converted or killed. To me that seems like a declaration of war by their whole society against everyone else. Most Muslims are not that extreme in their beliefs but after 911 I saw video of those people celebrating in the streets.

We won’t be safe until the people of Islamic societies become afraid of the consequences of attacking America and thus refuse to allow safe haven to those who will commit such attacks. That’s not going to happen out of the goodness of their hearts, their religion teaches that we need to die. It’s only going to happen out of fear.

Blasting the shit out of them will also keep them in the dark ages which, unfortunately, is where we need to keep them because if they ever manage to come to power, despite their backward ass repressive culture, they are going to exterminate us. Israel will be gone long before us.

My children are pretty innocent and I’m sorry, they are my priority over the innocent children of people who would kill mine if given the chance.

Here’s some statistics on how moderate the “moderate” muslim population actually is (spoiler: most are radical!)

[quote]on edge wrote:

[quote]hmm87 wrote:

[quote]NorCal916 wrote:

I’m not Christian and these terrorist hide behind innocents but I’m not sure just how innocent they actually are. My understanding is their religion teaches that non believers need to be converted or killed. To me that seems like a declaration of war by their whole society against everyone else. Most Muslims are not that extreme in their beliefs but after 911 I saw video of those people celebrating in the streets.

We won’t be safe until the people of Islamic societies become afraid of the consequences of attacking America and thus refuse to allow safe haven to those who will commit such attacks. That’s not going to happen out of the goodness of their hearts, their religion teaches that we need to die. It’s only going to happen out of fear.

Blasting the shit out of them will also keep them in the dark ages which, unfortunately, is where we need to keep them because if they ever manage to come to power, despite their backward ass repressive culture, they are going to exterminate us. Israel will be gone long before us.

My children are pretty innocent and I’m sorry, they are my priority over the innocent children of people who would kill mine if given the chance.

[/quote]

I agree it is a backward ass repressive culture. Innocent people will die on both sides. Killing the innocent especially on a mass scale wont change a thing. It will just create a new generation looking for revenge.

[quote]magick wrote:

[/quote]

Uh, no.[/quote]

This is probably true in the case of Japan.

LeMay was firebombing those cities and honestly didn’t give a shit, he was a real hardass and if guys like that are still around they are generally restrained by the rest of the establishment. Afterwards he said if we lost the war, the US probably would have been tried for war crimes for those campaigns.

There’s a good documentary by Errol Morris called “The Fog of War” where he interviews Robert McNamara in his old age. The first 30 minutes or so are about WWII and the founding of the modern defense establishment. It’s worth watching.

[quote]theuofh wrote:

[quote]magick wrote:

[/quote]

Uh, no.[/quote]

This is probably true in the case of Japan.

LeMay was firebombing those cities and honestly didn’t give a shit, he was a real hardass and if guys like that are still around they are generally restrained by the rest of the establishment. Afterwards he said if we lost the war, the US probably would have been tried for war crimes for those campaigns.

There’s a good documentary by Errol Morris called “The Fog of War” where he interviews Robert McNamara in his old age. The first 30 minutes or so are about WWII and the founding of the modern defense establishment. It’s worth watching. [/quote]

When millions are dying in a war, “massive number of civilian” casualties is a highly relative description, but I think you can apply that to Germany as well. Here’s one particular incident.