The View From My Doorway

I’m sitting in the fitness office of my local place of employment (a family-oriented fitness facility), reading a few articles here on T-Nation and had the sudden urge to post.

Ok.

If I walk out the door and look directly to my left, there is some guy wearing black sweatpants and a black sleeveless t-shirt, doing gasp curls in the squat rack. Actually, upon closer inspection, they look more like supinated grip powercleans/deadlift-type throws.

Moving on.

Directly outside my door is a youngster perfroming the flat barbell bench press with one of our trusty personal trainers spotting him. He unracks the bar…

and…

c’mon…

ouch.

He drops the bar hard onto his sternum while the PT tells him to use more control…good tip. Now back up for the concentric phase of the lift…

…a little wobbly…

correction: a LOT of wobbly-ness going on.

Well, I better go see if anyone needs my assistance.

Further bulletins when events warrant.

Nathan

You’re bored, aren’t ya?

Nice. The view from my office is of the main racquetball court at my club. I’m on the second story, the court is on the first, and there’s a big window looking down into mid and front court. I love watching these guys careening around in there, occasionally thumping into the walls. Through my doorway I see the top of the stairs leading from the lobby, where every woman that uses the locker room must respond to my “Howdy!”

I wish my office looked out on the weight room like yours.

Wow…

This is ACTUALLY INTERESTING.

Firstly, allow me to say that I live in Northwest Montana. It’s beautiful countryside where a lot of people come to get away from everything…

So, if anyone is familiar with Animal Planet and Jeff Corwin…

…I just gave him a spot on some Flat Dumbbell Bench presses.

He has decent form, but didn’t get a full range of motion.

Interesting…

-Nathan

Cool! He’s a funny dude.

[quote]Nate Green wrote:
Wow…

This is ACTUALLY INTERESTING.

Firstly, allow me to say that I live in Northwest Montana. It’s beautiful countryside where a lot of people come to get away from everything…

So, if anyone is familiar with Animal Planet and Jeff Corwin…

…I just gave him a spot on some Flat Dumbbell Bench presses.

He has decent form, but didn’t get a full range of motion.

Interesting…

-Nathan[/quote]

No shit? How much is he putting up?

I love that show (really, I’m not being sarcastic).

You should tell him about this site and see if he stops by (thoug it would be difficult to believe someone posting saying he’s Jeff Corwin).

[quote]SWR-1222D wrote:

No shit? How much is he putting up?

I love that show (really, I’m not being sarcastic).

You should tell him about this site and see if he stops by (thoug it would be difficult to believe someone posting saying he’s Jeff Corwin).[/quote]

Well, he was putting up 70’s for sets of 10, which was fairly admirable.

…then he went to the Smith Machine to do regular bench…

Ugh.

Nice guy though. Probably even nicer because there are now only 3 people in the entire gym and he doesn’t have to put up with anyone. Except me. And if he doesn’t like it, I’ll let him drop a weight on his head. : )

I’m kidding.

Really.

Yeah, you know what? I WILL give him the website address.

-Nate