T Nation

The 'Vibrant' Church

When and where will the tides turn?

The dreaded white box. Say it aint so.

It ain't so.

Oh well, why is this guy all of a sudden concerned about it AFTER the fact...The Bible predicts a falling away
anyway, if there was NO falling away that would prove the Bible false.
I knew this was coming before this guy, and I'm a big time flawed believer, so how could I have known that
before this guy?....Maybe because reading and learning is more important than rituals and traditions.

And if you're Catholic, you must believe in the Vatican approved, likely satanic ''Miracle Of The Sun''
about 100 years ago...If you DON'T believe it was a Good, Holy Miracle from Jesus, then you are DISAGREEING with the Vatican,
and one DO NOT disagree with the Vatican if you are Catholic, they are the last word on things like this, and you DON'T question it and you shut your mouth about it and believe it was from Jesus because the Vatican said so.... and that's disturbing.

^ Thanks Varqanir! I guess that I may have to spend a few moments editing my posts, that is until I develop good habits again jajaja. Sorry for the previous blunders.

Give mankind a beautiful thing, and they will find a way to make it ugly. That about sums up anything regarding religion, beliefs, or life in general.

Quasi-Tech -

History repeats itself, over and over doesn't?? This human world made the same wrong decisions three times by my count.

If people can find a way to help each other, beautiful things happen. Poor choices [i]ALWAYS[/i] run the learning curve for those who worked so hard.

Which beauty created by man do you find the most pleasing aesthetically? Doesn't compare to the world though, of the natural variety that is?

Does history give us the answer to mistakes because people are will fully ignorant? You bet it does!

Be well and GOD Bless with Love,

KD79

To address your questions, comments. If you are Christian, you understand that man is in a fallen state. Regardless of denomination, this is something all believe (at least I've never met a Christian denomination that didn't believe this). Even being made in the image of God, because of our fallen state we are "at risk" of doing terrible things. It is our freedom of choice that allows us to make the decision to do so or not.

Power and greed corrupts. This is seen in the Bible and many times in history. Not often does a leader rise to power and 100% remain "on task" as a good representative and leader of his people. That is the cycle.

I don't honestly find anything man made particularly beautiful. I find nature moreso to take the cake on that respect. I suppose you could say man begets man, and thus woman - which I find beautiful, but as they are made in the image of God, I give credit where it is due. Yes, cars and houses can be beautiful. A work of art, music piece, etc. can all be beautiful, but they do not compete with that which exists in the world - life. Man has not created anything that can compete with that which God has made - assuming you believe He made it.

History, has and always will give many answers to problems that exist today. Why don't we learn from those past mistakes? Maybe because historically everyone believes they are "different" or "special." You see it in everything. People think they will break the mold, that it won't happen to them. Its pride, and that's our downfall.

I agree with this whole heartedly. I love looking at the stars, the galaxies, the mountains, the oceans, the lakes, the rivers, the desserts, and a lot more. God created it and it was Good.

Well DUH...how can you disagree with that? Who would argue that if one believes in a creator?
And how many ''Galaxies'' can you see with the naked eye? You need a damn good telescope to
see just a few of them unless you live near an observatory.

And MAN created ''desserts'', that's the sweet stuff you eat after a meal, whom The Lord made
some of those ingredients and other man made shit from natural shit, ''desserts'' are a black hole
of unmentionable ingredients most of the time, unless the ''desserts'' are a Non-GMO fruit salad,
which in that case the Lord made it, humans prep it for eating, and that is good.

Ok Colonel of Mustard. I have never put myself up as the all knowing speller.

What did you misspell? I never implied you misspelled anything...you did.

A diamond, as made by God.

A diamond, as made by Man.

We are all carbon, just lumps of amorphous coal animated for a short time by a fleeting life-force.

God gives us the raw materials, but it's up to us to chip away the flaws and polish away the rough spots if we want the light to shine.

Yep, and what's freaky is that we are mostly empty space, and the rest of whatever 'solid material' we are,
is virtually NOTHING, and each one of our cells is more complex than a 747 Airliner...But in School books
growing up what did we see? A simple diagram of it that sometimes looked like a plop of Bird shit.

And most diamonds are nothing more than polishing sand for other diamonds. One mis-step and that diamond will shatter. Only in the hands of a master can one become a brilliantly shining diamond. Reminds me of a poem.

The Touch of the Masters Hand

Twas battered and scarred, and the auctioneer
thought it scarcely worth his while to waste much time on the old violin,
but held it up with a smile; "What am I bidden, good folks," he cried,
"Who'll start the bidding for me?" "A dollar, a dollar"; then two!" "Only
two? Two dollars, and who'll make it three? Three dollars, once; three
dollars twice; going for three.." But no, from the room, far back, a
gray-haired man came forward and picked up the bow; Then, wiping the dust
from the old violin, and tightening the loose strings, he played a melody
pure and sweet as caroling angel sings.

The music ceased, and the auctioneer, with a voice that was quiet and low,
said; "What am I bid for the old violin?" And he held it up with the bow.
A thousand dollars, and who'll make it two? Two thousand! And who'll make
it three? Three thousand, once, three thousand, twice, and going and
gone," said he. The people cheered, but some of them cried, "We do not
quite understand what changed its worth." Swift came the reply: "The touch
of a master's hand."

And many a man with life out of tune, and battered and scarred with sin,
Is auctioned cheap to the thoughtless crowd, much like the old violin, A
"mess of pottage," a glass of wine; a game - and he travels on. "He is
going" once, and "going twice, He's going and almost gone." But the Master
comes, and the foolish crowd never can quite understand the worth of a soul
and the change that's wrought by the touch of the Master's hand.

Myra 'Brooks' Welch