You competed at the same show as my boy did who won the overall in the physique division. You looked good man, sorry to hear you’re done.
I can relate, I love the training, hated the competing.
Getting retired. What, by your woman?
Funny, I’m just thinking about doing my first show. But I suspect my woman might ‘retire’ me depending on how much of a toolbox, competitive dieting makes me.
Be carefull. I lost pretty much everything and everyone in last 6 months
The price tag is way too high for something that I even do not like to do (competition itself).[/quote]
If you’d care to elaborate, I’m all ears. Not that I’m looking for reasons not to do a show, but I do like to know what I’m getting into.
Well, you will be against a lot. At least in my case it was so.
- Constant hunger.
- Planned meals and you better carry your food with you. (It will taste like crap in most cases) I hate cooking, and i am pretty lazy in that regard. So it was a battle for me.
- Eventually you will be on a very low or no carb diet (at least most of the time). Prepare yourself to be very moody, lethargic. To force yourself to go to the gym (2-3 times a day for me) will become next to impossible.
- I am a stimulant junkie, but even ephedra stops working at some point. All it will do it will make you paranoid. I had constant feeling that something horrible about to happen.
- Your girl will get tired very quickly of your schedule that will leave very little time for her.
- She will have normal food around you. Does not work on a long run… The only way not to eat crap or any carbs for me means empty house. Otherwise it is only matter of time when you give up on your diet now and then.
- You will be extremely sleepy and tired especially last 4-5 weeks.
- At this point your girl will be absolutely sure that you are losing interest to her Unavoidable…
- The only way for me to go through this hell was to shut myself down from outside world. Otherwise there is always something urgent that screws with your plan. ALWAYS!!! That was very difficult since I work in Information Technology field. Urgency and overtime is normal at work It made me furious!!!
I can go on and on…
But the funny thing is… when the day will arrive you will be seating (if you are lucky) in a crowded room with very little air, lots of unshowered guys and girls, who smell like animals in zoo. And you will ask yourself more than once: “What the hell am I doing here? I do not belong to this circus”.
And do not forget the frustration you will feel looking at 90% of those guys with huge pregnant bellies. Small ones will start warming up right from the start 3-4 hours before stepping on stage!!! Others will paint themselves all day long.
I do not know about others, but it made me sad to be part of this. I am a bodybuilder. It is a way of life for me, but competing itself is really freaky. I do not even like to pose Stupid I know, and it shows on pictures…
BrickNYC would love this.