The Vacuum

I am 46 5’10 190 BF around 12%. When I try attempt to suck in for a vacuum pose I dont not get near the hollow look I have seen on most BB’ers.
Just wondering if this is lack of muscle control, or still too much fat.
Any comments?

I don’t think it’s a fat issue. It could be that you’re performing it wrong.

Could be fat. Internal fat doesn’t register in skinfoldmeasurements. How did you determine your BF%?

Plus, most BB’ers don’t get a picture taken while doing a vacuum. Only the ones very good at it, get a picture taken and published.

I bet you’re doing it better than Ronny Coleman. :wink:

[quote]Wreckless wrote:
Could be fat. Internal fat doesn’t register in skinfoldmeasurements. How did you determine your BF%?

Plus, most BB’ers don’t get a picture taken while doing a vacuum. Only the ones very good at it, get a picture taken and published.

I bet you’re doing it better than Ronny Coleman. ;-)[/quote]

I think Coleman does the opposite of the vacuum. He sticks his gut out as far as possible…

[quote]Wreckless wrote:

I bet you’re doing it better than Ronny Coleman. ;-)[/quote]

hahaha
I’m just guessing at BF. I have some definition in the midsection, fairly lean overall, just a bit of lovehandles.
I usually judge my leaness by watching out for the double chin

[quote]aliveNwell wrote:
I am 46 5’10 190 BF around 12%. When I try attempt to suck in for a vacuum pose I dont not get near the hollow look I have seen on most BB’ers.
Any comments?[/quote]

Are you sure you’re blowing all your air out?

[quote]Krollmonster wrote:
Are you sure you’re blowing all your air out?[/quote]

He’s right, you’re NOT sucking in air, you’re blowing ALL your air out, then using your abdominal muscles to pull in.

It’s a weird movement, practice it and you can get better at it. I think it’s underrated, get good at it and do us proud.

Krollmonster has it right. Not only is it a good way to look skinny around the waist, it is also a good exercise. I would also recommend deep breathing as well

[quote]Krollmonster wrote:
aliveNwell wrote:
Any comments?

Are you sure you’re blowing all your air out?[/quote]