T Nation

The USA Should be Charged with Treason

I always thought about this in a semi-serious way, why can’t we charge you for treason, find you guilty and take over your country. No war, just nice and civil like. Take for example your saying of being a “Benedict Arnold” meaning a tratior. But he was being loyal to Britain. How do you figure? who was the first to betray? We could have had one big Kingdom of Canada(thats what they were gonna call it first or the Dominion of Canada before settling on just Canada).

HAHAHAHAHAHA. First off, your Canadian thats so cute. HAHHAA. You think your a real country HAHAHA.

Now I don’t know fully what you are talking aboot’ (goin for the cheesy Canadian accent there). Treason from who? Ourselves? Obviously you don’t even understand what the word means (but thats ok, cause I’ll assume your from the French part). Treason is when you go against your ownside. In the case of Benedict Arnold, he was IN THE CONTINENTAL ARMY. Therefore, he was on the U.S. side, not some schmuck who was a loyalist. He was high ranking officer in the Army, and he assisted the enemy. That is why he is a traitor.

How bout you pick up a dictionary and history book before you try to state a comment - a poor one at that…

[quote]Mr.Irish wrote:
I always thought about this in a semi-serious way, why can’t we charge you for treason, find you guilty and take over your country. No war, just nice and civil like. [/quote]

Because we’d turn your country into a fucking parking lot if you attempted that.

Obviously…

We need one of those face in hand pictures of Worf or Picard here.

[quote]Mr.Irish wrote:
I always thought about this in a semi-serious way, why can’t we charge you for treason, find you guilty and take over your country. No war, just nice and civil like. Take for example your saying of being a “Benedict Arnold” meaning a tratior. But he was being loyal to Britain. How do you figure? who was the first to betray? We could have had one big Kingdom of Canada(thats what they were gonna call it first or the Dominion of Canada before settling on just Canada).[/quote]

I find this kind of stuff very insulting. You’d also get about 10 feet across our border before being turned into spaghetti.

I say, you should be charged with stupidity.

They were all fucking British you gimp, what country did they all sail over from then? They left North America for…North America? Like you said a traitor is one who goes against their own side…they were all BRITISH and they betrayed their land and started their own, thats treason! You said it youself! Where do you think the name loyalist comes from? Like you suggested to me about getting a dictionary, let me suggest you do the same and look up loyal and while you;re at it look up it’s opposite…guess what word you’ll find.

[quote]lixy wrote:
I say, you should be charged with stupidity.[/quote]
It started light hearted but turned, so I had to as well.
So anyone taking it lightly cool. And the others I respond in kind.

Oran’s Dictionary of the Law (1983) defines treason as: “…[a]…citizen’s actions to help a foreign government overthrow, make war against, or seriously injure the [parent nation].”

The Colonist betrayed the English in the War for Independence. They did not committ treason. They declared there independence. This is different than trying to destroy your own country. If somebody in the U.S. would activly try to take down the down the goverenment for Canada to take over (I know funny idea right, allow me to humor you thou) then that would be treason. If Quebec declares its independence then that is not treason it is simply independence. Sure, Canada would be pissed and say they felt betrayed, but this is only in Canada’s opinion. To the rest of the world it is simply declaring autonomy and seeking self-rule and the rights to soverignity…

So yea, to the British it may have been treason. But your not British. And to the rest of the world it was simply a declaration of independence (like every other colony…you gonna try India, Canada, all of Africa and South East Asia as well!?) Canada was never in charge of the colonies so how would it be treason to you. What are you gonna do? I wanna hear this great plan of yours… its gonna be pretty funny cause you must be high on maple syrup or something to think of something this stupid

Look, using independence as a cloak for betrayle won’t fly with me. It is what it is. If some States wanted their “indepedence” ten to one says most Americans would call that treason. And as far as how?, our spy agency is slowly and methodically working on it. I’m sure you have’nt heard of them, the’re called CSIS and to be an effective agency you should remain below the radar, unlike the FBI. But in my opinion it should start and already has by making your economy weaker. Your dollar is almost on par with ours the next step is to tap the oil in Alberta and our Artic (I think we’re supposed to have the second largest deposit of untapped oil) and with it get you hooked on our stuff and take you for even more. Then because we have one of the largest supplies of fresh water in the world jack that up on you as well. Thats when “OPERATION INDEPENDECE” takes place. With the huge population of Canadians in Florida declaring independence and taking it and the rest of your country angry atnd at odds with its own government about the economy, our new found MILITARY MIGHT in florida gets you from the south & we got you from the north. I…ah…think its only a matter of time after that.

That’s what I think.

I’m detecting no small amount of paranoia in the OP.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
We need one of those face in hand pictures of Worf or Picard here.[/quote]

Samus is sexier.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
We need one of those face in hand pictures of Worf or Picard here.[/quote]

Samus is sexier.

ummm yeah

[quote]Beowolf wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
We need one of those face in hand pictures of Worf or Picard here.

Samus is sexier.

[/quote]

forum format destroys this when i try to put it in the text field :confused:

[quote]Magnate wrote:
forum format destroys this when i try to put it in the text field :/[/quote]

That is still awesome.

Where do these idiots come from?

[quote]mingledorff7 wrote:
Where do these idiots come from?

[/quote]

Canada