The USA Needs a Prime Directive

[quote]streamline wrote:
Even with the reduced price. The money that would be made in taxes is staggering. I also doubt the government would let the price fall to much. They would justify a higher price by calling it a deterrent. Either way it’s in the Billions.[/quote]

All they have to do is undercut the black market price and they’re set.

[quote]Makavali wrote:
streamline wrote:
Even with the reduced price. The money that would be made in taxes is staggering. I also doubt the government would let the price fall to much. They would justify a higher price by calling it a deterrent. Either way it’s in the Billions.

All they have to do is undercut the black market price and they’re set.[/quote]

I guess that makes us a couple of geniuses. We solved the problem and they can’t. Kind of scary if you think about it!

[quote]streamline wrote:
I guess that makes us a couple of geniuses. We solved the problem and they can’t. Kind of scary if you think about it![/quote]

The world would probably be a better place if you got potheads to run things. That’s not saying much, which scares me more.

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
streamline wrote:
So my beef is why does the USA government still feel the need to control our destiny. Every time our government attempts to or only decides to look at the matter of legalizing Marijuana. The USA government sends it’s goon squad to intimidate our givernment.

Just be grateful you’re Canada and not Colombia. The US military has little regard for bombing people with yellow skin for the same trifle.

The US Drug Czar wants to have a seed producer in BC extradited to the US to be brought up on drug dealing charges. The seed dealer was threatened with a possible death penalty judgement…only in the US would your liberty and life be taken in the name of altering your mind with a plant compound.[/quote]

I don’t know where you are getting your information from but it sounds highly suspect. There was a BC seed company where the government was trying to extradite the owner, but there is no way they could give him the death penalty. Besides the Canadians will not extradite people to the US if they face execution not even if they are an American. Canadian law in this regard is similar to the EU human rights act if not the same.

[quote]Sifu wrote:
I don’t know where you are getting your information from but it sounds highly suspect. There was a BC seed company where the government was trying to extradite the owner, but there is no way they could give him the death penalty. Besides the Canadians will not extradite people to the US if they face execution not even if they are an American. Canadian law in this regard is similar to the EU human rights act if not the same.[/quote]

That sounds like the same information I read on the NORML website. The article I read only said the death penalty was an option which came directly from the prosecutor’s lips. I perceived that as a threat. I can not comment as to weather Canada would extradite an other person who faces the death penalty because I am completely ignorant on any of that information.

Good thing Canadians have some sense of humanity. Columbia not so much. The US gives aid to Columbia to fire-bomb the poor cocaine producers who are being forced to farm it by threats of violence to their and their family’s lives by drug lords. They not only get their cocaine crops destroyed but also their regular crops that share the land. The dumbasses in government don’t even realize that it is prohibition that makes cocaine and the subsequent slavery necessary to produce it a profitable enterprise.

These guys have it right

[quote]Rocky101 wrote:
These guys have it right

[/quote]

There are two economic truths to this story. On the one side are the dealers who profit from prohibition on the other side are the people on the payroll of the state who profit from it. Drugs will remain illegal simply because too many people profit from it to make it otherwise.

I wouldn’t be surprised if big-time drug dealers pay lobbyists to lobby in favor of prohibition to keep the massive amounts of money flowing in. On the other side of the coin is the law enforcement lobby doing the same thing to protect law enforcement jobs.

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
Rocky101 wrote:
These guys have it right

There are two economic truths to this story. On the one side are the dealers who profit from prohibition on the other side are the people on the payroll of the state who profit from it. Drugs will remain illegal simply because too many people profit from it to make it otherwise.

I wouldn’t be surprised if big-time drug dealers pay lobbyists to lobby in favor of prohibition to keep the massive amounts of money flowing in. On the other side of the coin is the law enforcement lobby doing the same thing to protect law enforcement jobs.[/quote]

If the economy keeps going the way it is there will be no money for enforcement. I read somewhere that the Fed drug enforcement budget might be cut from 500 million down to 100 million. That is a huge cut!

My view on this is simple. The USA and it’s stupid fucking war on drugs. Have created the richest and most powerful underworld in history. They have by means of pushing their policy on every other country. Created the same thing in every other country.

You Americans really do need to take your country back. The upper crust in America is starting to become extremely corrupt. Your freedoms are going bye-bye. What was a justice system envied the world over has become a puppet of the government.

Fact is from the outside looking in, it doesn’t look good. Actually it looks quite pathetic.

It is your country though. So I really have no say in your internal affairs. The fact that your government (there by you) isn’t content on fucking their country up, they wish to drag others with them. It’s not appreciated.

[quote]streamline wrote:
My view on this is simple. The USA and it’s stupid fucking war on drugs. Have created the richest and most powerful underworld in history. They have by means of pushing their policy on every other country. Created the same thing in every other country.

You Americans really do need to take your country back. The upper crust in America is starting to become extremely corrupt. Your freedoms are going bye-bye. What was a justice system envied the world over has become a puppet of the government.

Fact is from the outside looking in, it doesn’t look good. Actually it looks quite pathetic.

It is your country though. So I really have no say in your internal affairs. The fact that your government (there by you) isn’t content on fucking their country up, they wish to drag others with them. It’s not appreciated.[/quote]

Thanks for the advice, I’ll still take my country over yours.

First of all I love the U.S.A.
Been around a bit and a lot of people would love to live there. I agree with your point about marijuana though-somewhat of a puritan stance. Having drank hard liquor and comparing that to the effects of pot-the criminalization of weed seems a hypocrisy. There are many reasons for this-may take a college course to address them all. I am surprised the Canadians folded under pressure from U.S. on the marijuana issue-probably could find clues following the money trail.