The Upside of an Obama Whitehouse

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
rainjack wrote:
The dot com bubble burst under Clinton. Bush inherited the bust from 8 years of Clinton.

But that is also a fallacy. The dot-com bubble burst for the same reason – money was cheap and easy. Clinton didn’t try and restrain Greenspan any more than Bush. They both misunderstand the primary causes of malinvestment. And make no mistake – the blame mostly lies with Alan Greenspan.

The only control any president can have on the economy is with tax policy and how they choose to spend counterfeit money. The rest is all an illusion.[/quote]

My point was to put the blame where it belongs. It’s not a fallacy to be accurate.

CRA loans were so miniscule in magnitude and actually had a lower default rate than non-CRA loans. These are the indisputable facts and have been posted here numerous times before. This was not the fault of the republicans or democrats–it was the fault of bankers with awful risk management practices. The American banking system has turned into a joke.

LOL@ you simple and moronic partisan hacks who need to blame “them” (the clique that you dont belong to).

[quote]Floortom wrote:
This was not the fault of the republicans or democrats–it was the fault of bankers with awful risk management practices. The American banking system has turned into a joke.

LOL@ you simple and moronic partisan hacks who need to blame “them” (the clique that you dont belong to).[/quote]

The banking system has been a joke for a very long time. Bank mangers don’t need to practice risk management because Big Brother will bail them out and Uncle Ben will turn on the money pump to help out Big Brother when the bank managers cry too much.

This is definitely a political problem but neither the republicans nor the democrats understand the fundamentals of the business cycle so they have no idea how to address the problem.

[quote]AssOnGrass wrote:
Noodle_Arms wrote:
I kind of wanted McCain to win so that the Republicans would have to swim in their own shit for the next four years. They created this meltdown, they should have to fix it.

It’s really not fair to pass this situation to a Dem and blame him for not fixing not. It may actually be beyond repair. Let’s hope not.

Explain to me how pushing lending to unqualified borrowers is the Republicans’ fault.[/quote]

Clearly you aren’t a very serious person.

[quote]100meters wrote:
Explain to me how pushing lending to unqualified borrowers is the Republicans’ fault.

Clearly you aren’t a very serious person.[/quote]

Clearly you haven’t the faintest clue nor care about educating yourself about economics. The Federal Reserve does not answer to government.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
vroom wrote:
AssOnGrass wrote:

Explain to me how pushing lending to unqualified borrowers is the Republicans’ fault.

That is nowhere near the whole story… and Bush had eight years to do something about it… if he had thought it was a problem!

His administration recognized the issue and proposed reform. It was shot down by Congress, primarily Frank and Dodd.

The jackasses that ran Freddy and Fannie into the ground are Obama’s chief advisers.[/quote]

There’s naturally a lot wrong with what you’ve said, but by “chief advisers” I assume you mean “not chief advisers”

[quote]100meters wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
vroom wrote:
AssOnGrass wrote:

That is nowhere near the whole story… and Bush had eight years to do something about it… if he had thought it was a problem!

His administration recognized the issue and proposed reform. It was shot down by Congress, primarily Frank and Dodd.

The jackasses that ran Freddy and Fannie into the ground are Obama’s chief advisers.

There’s naturally a lot wrong with what you’ve said, but by “chief advisers” I assume you mean “not chief advisers”[/quote]

Did he switch titles on them? Big fucking deal, they are the cornerstone of his economic policy.

[quote]SSC wrote:
You DO know that the Second Amendment was only ever made so American citizens could protect themselves from British forces in the 1700’s, right? To say that the Amendment has lost all of its true meaning and merit is a huge understatement. I hope we see some gun reformation laws and all of their lobbyist supporters (see: NRA) squirm in their seats.

Remember, guns don’t kill people, people kill people. With guns.[/quote]

so where did you study the constition? by watching simpson episdodes? that has to be one of the ignorant posts i have read. Quite scary actually. Seriously, study the second amendement.

[quote]koffea wrote:
SSC wrote:
You DO know that the Second Amendment was only ever made so American citizens could protect themselves from British forces in the 1700’s, right? To say that the Amendment has lost all of its true meaning and merit is a huge understatement. I hope we see some gun reformation laws and all of their lobbyist supporters (see: NRA) squirm in their seats.

Remember, guns don’t kill people, people kill people. With guns.

so where did you study the constition? by watching simpson episdodes? that has to be one of the ignorant posts i have read. Quite scary actually. Seriously, study the second amendement.[/quote]

I believe the second ammendment was in regards to a militia, a civil army of free men, so that no government, including their own, could oppress the nation.

[quote]apbt55 wrote:
I believe the second ammendment was in regards to a militia, a civil army of free men, so that no government, including their own, could oppress the nation.

[/quote]

And we have a winner.

[quote]apbt55 wrote:
I believe the second ammendment was in regards to a militia, a civil army of free men, so that no government, including their own, could oppress the nation. [/quote]

if we were in the second grade you would get a Check Plus Plus

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
100meters wrote:

Clearly you aren’t a very serious person.

Clearly you haven’t the faintest clue nor care about educating yourself about economics. The Federal Reserve does not answer to government. [/quote]

So many people are ignorant to this. Sad really.

My one question for the Chicago Machine since he stepped down from on high to run is this.

When presented with the option of doing what will benefit the US most regardless of world opinion or will you play your crap citizen of the world role?

[quote]bigflamer wrote:
SSC wrote:
jawara wrote:
BO is a gun grabber that scares the shit out of me.

Higher taxes arent going to fix anything either. If anything they will makes things worse.

Remember, guns don’t kill people, people kill people. With guns.

What an absolutely ignorant fucking statement. Good grief.

EDIT: I just seen that you’re listed as being from Michigan. What an embarrassment to the rest of us Michiganders. I’m betting you’re from the Detroit area, that would explain your douchebaggery a little.

[/quote]

Don’t worry, I’m not even going to fuck with politics, and you won’t see me respond to any further inquiries about my post. I’m no politcal expert, nor do I wish to be, so I won’t even bother.

Plus I’d rather bow out now than listen to a bunch of right-wing conservative crybabies bitch and whine about things THAT THEY CAN’T DO SHIT ABOUT. You guys had eight wonderfully successful years, great job. It’s almost over though, so get over it.

Oh, and with your political ideologies, I’d guess you were from fucking Indiana, you shit-talking internet fuck. Ooh, I can wag my dick too. And no, I’m not from the fucking east side.

Obama is the Lebron of politics. Let’s hope he plays in the big leagues like him! At least McLame and that Moran from Wasilla can go back to being regular Joe’s. hahahaha

[quote]Odogg wrote:
Obama is the Lebron of politics. Let’s hope he plays in the big leagues like him! At least McLame and that Moran from Wasilla can go back to being regular Joe’s. hahahaha[/quote]

Can we trade him? Maybe we can trade him to Ireland straight up for the folks who realized the genius of cutting the corporate income tax over there.

He said “Moran.”

Anyways. Can’t think of an upside, sorry.

[quote]Floortom wrote:
CRA loans were so miniscule in magnitude and actually had a lower default rate than non-CRA loans. These are the indisputable facts and have been posted here numerous times before. This was not the fault of the republicans or democrats–it was the fault of bankers with awful risk management practices. The American banking system has turned into a joke.

LOL@ you simple and moronic partisan hacks who need to blame “them” (the clique that you dont belong to).[/quote]

you are completely wrong about CRA’s impact on this mess. we have been through this several times on this forum. you obviously have no understanding of the situation, basic economics, the business cycle, and no capacity to use logic and reason.

You ever here the phrase “don’t hate the player, hate the game”?