The Ultramind Solution

I just started reading The Ultramind Solution. Has anyone read or implemented any of the strategies from the book? I also know that BBB has created a bodybuilder friendly version and i would love to hear more about that.

Thanks BBB!. I also purchased the Paleo Solution. I like your way of thinking. It would be nearly impossible for most people to eat like they suggest without destroying their quality of life totally.

You also mentioned seeing great improvements in inflammation without being 100% compliant to the protocol. This is good news.

I would love to however obtain a pdf or document of the bodybuilder friendly version if you have it documented in that form. If not no big deal.

How did you maintain your protein intake without shakes? It seems all organic meats would be very very costly.

Im sure i will have many more questions as i move through the text and i will surely have to bump this thread.

I really appreciate your input.

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:
However it’s also important to be able to advise the patient that since they won’t be eating 100% ‘right’, 100% of the time (because they are humans, not robots), that they need a backup plan, usually involving anti-oxidants, etc, to mop up the radicals.[/quote]Patient?
Your clients are people with medical problems?

No arguments…

Perhaps a little more info on this Ultramind Solution?

So Whey protein was kept. This is good news. Im assuming that the protocol worked out well for you and Mike since you are in support of the book to this day?

Im sure ill have alot more questions once i get more indepth in the reading. I have a clinical nutrition and advanced exercise physiology final next week that need to come first :slight_smile:

hey BBB, great stuff. i generally follow a diet plan geared to keep candida under control so it’s pretty much meat and vegetables. i do have protein powders too. and nuts.

anyways i’m going on a tangent here, what i wanted to ask you is… i think i read in another thread that you sometimes have a pre-workout chocolate bar.

what do you think of that practice in light of the whole Ultramind thing? is it okay because your body will use it differently since you’re about to work out? or isn’t sugar just plain bad regardless? or what?

An astute question sir :slight_smile:

You’ll notice that I said “this is a six week plan”. That was a long time ago, lol and whilst i still live by a modified/evolved version of the above protocol, about 90% of the time, I do compromise on certain things.

Sugar IS ‘bad’, yes, you are definitely right. However, for me in a comparison with wheat, gluten and dairy (milk, cream), chocolate is non-irritant to me. Sure, the sugar fucks me about a little, but I am now very sensitive to insulin, so yes, I do handle it ‘differently’ (read ‘better’) than pre-UMSLBB.

That’s the good thing about an elimination/UMSL diet; you allow the body a chance to clean out a little ofver the strict six week period. This means that when you relax a little, post diet, you can generally handle the more ‘borderline irritant’ foodstuffs better - as long as you keep away from those things which are to you primary irritants.

BBB[/quote]

okay cool, thanks for the explanation.

i wonder if this Ultramind thing helps balance out of whack cortisol levels that lead me to have a fat gut and ripped everything else. maybe i’ll give it a read.

BBB,

I’ve read quite a bit of this book and actually gave it as a gift to a client. Did you also cut the caffeine out of your diet for the six week trial, or was that one of the areas that you changed for the BB lite version? I can’t imagine you doing without it!

Te UMS, should help your body optimise itself accross a wide spectrum of facets, by detoxifying the synapses of the CNS. This results in clearer intercellular communication, which can only aid the body, since it wants to heal.

I’m not claiming that if you have hypogonadism, the UMS will send you normogonadic. However it should improve things noticeably, even if ‘just’ by giving you better energy, clarity, focus.

BBB[/quote]

cool man, thanks. i’ll have to give the book a read then and hopefully i can afford to eat and supplement that way for 6 weeks!

I’ve just finished reading through Dr. Hymen’s UltraMind Solution, and after taking all the self-evaluation tests, I convinced myself that I suffer from every ailment in the book. Is my brain too broken to ever recover, I wonder?

In any case I’ve decided to start the elimination diet after the holidays. I’ll be ready to recover from a month of extreme decadence by then. However, I also wonder about removing all caffeine during that time. I can cut back, but complete withdrawl will make me do bad things.

So, when is UMSLFBB going to be published? May I have an autographed copy??

Also, whey protein never sat well in my stomach, maybe due to inflammation? I switched to organic, brown rice protein, and felt much better. Of course, it’s gritty and tastes bad, but after much trial and error, I found Boku Super Protein is tolerable, and has the best amino acid profile of all the rice proteins, as compared to whey.