T Nation

The Ultimate T-Nation Workout?

Hello
I have a question for you all.
Looking at all the information that has been posted from the regular writer?s e.g. Waterbury, Cosgrove etc.
How would you create a workout that tried to amalgamate all this knowledge?
What exercises would you choose?
What rep ranges would you advise?
Sets? Etc
How often would you advise that person to train?

To create some parameters, let say your subject is a typical person who has a regular job and has lifted for a couple of years

I?d be very interested to see how people would apply everything we have read for last couple of years into a workout plan

Who knows maybe T-Nation can make this a competition of some sorts

Doing this job for a while now, I can tell you three things.

  1. There is no “REGULAR” person. They are all individuals, with preferences, needs, wants, tastes etc…

  2. There is no “REGULAR” job.

  3. There is no way to incorporate everything you know into one program, for an individual.

You may as well ask, “If zombies attack, what weapon would be best to kill them?” Since there has never been a zombie attack, and we don’t know things about zombies, there will never be a correct answer to this question. Nor your original question.

Author’s note;

Zombie attack was the first silly thing I could think of. If anyone has a better idea than zombie attack please let me know. I don’t want to draw a blank for an analogy again and have to resort to something as silly as a zombie attack again.

My friend has a book about surviving Zombie attacks.
Both Waterbury and Cosgrove both use different set/reps for each workout. Upperbody/lower body split or fullbody 3x per.week using differnt set/rep schemes may benefit the average joe with the average job working 40hrs. per.week.

Ahhh, whats the goal of this average person?

[quote]gmantheman wrote:
My friend has a book about surviving Zombie attacks.
[/quote]

I see that. But can any of the information in the book be readily useful if zombie’s were to attack? Neither would any information that I give regular joe without working with him and getting to know him first.

The programs are designed that way for a reason, don’t stray much from them at all.

Do them 4-8 weeks take a week off and depending on the protocol and your experience then change it up. Keep doing this for 3-4 years while being 90% on track with your diet and you will be amazed.

I think Waterbury could easily beat off a few dozen zombies.

lol, beat off.

[quote]Author’s note;

Zombie attack was the first silly thing I could think of. If anyone has a better idea than zombie attack please let me know. I don’t want to draw a blank for an analogy again and have to resort to something as silly as a zombie attack again. [/quote]

I guess from being a grease monkey for a few years, I’m always comparing the human body to a car. You can’t make up a blanket plan to increase performance in all cars because the engines/suspensions/overall size/etc. are different. There’s even variations in configuration in two cars that are the same model. You have to look at what type of components you’re working with and figure out how to refine them in order to improve performance. There’s obviously a big flaw in this correlation since we can’t just swap out body parts like we can engines and transmissions, but I like it.

[quote]TrainerinDC wrote:
Doing this job for a while now, I can tell you three things.

  1. There is no “REGULAR” person. They are all individuals, with preferences, needs, wants, tastes etc…

  2. There is no “REGULAR” job.

  3. There is no way to incorporate everything you know into one program, for an individual.

You may as well ask, “If zombies attack, what weapon would be best to kill them?” Since there has never been a zombie attack, and we don’t know things about zombies, there will never be a correct answer to this question. Nor your original question.

Author’s note;

Zombie attack was the first silly thing I could think of. If anyone has a better idea than zombie attack please let me know. I don’t want to draw a blank for an analogy again and have to resort to something as silly as a zombie attack again. [/quote]

Would the Zombies (is Zombie a proper noun? hmm) …would the Zombie’s be attacking at random -or like…only the good-looking people?
What are their demands?
Would Zombies even HAVE demands?
Hmmmmmm…

If Zombies DO attack…would they need a shoe? Would I? Would you?

Hmmm…

Zombies…

Hmmmmmm…

peace

Ok everyone knows the best weapon for survival in a zombie invasion would be some sort of sword, preferably a samurai sword such as a katana.

I say sword, since you need to destroy a zombie’s brain or sever its head from it’s neck to kill it. Also, you don’t run out of ammo if you have a sword. Just make sure it’s not too short or you could get scratched.

[quote]Goodfellow wrote:
Ok everyone knows the best weapon for survival in a zombie invasion would be some sort of sword, preferably a samurai sword such as a katana.

I say sword, since you need to destroy a zombie’s brain or sever its head from it’s neck to kill it. Also, you don’t run out of ammo if you have a sword. Just make sure it’s not too short or you could get scratched.[/quote]

If your going to use a sword you should also be taking some Beta Alenine and creatine to help ward off lactic build up.

Don’t want to get a cramp in your sword wielding arm.

[quote]Panik (akajbodzi wrote:
Goodfellow wrote:
Ok everyone knows the best weapon for survival in a zombie invasion would be some sort of sword, preferably a samurai sword such as a katana.

I say sword, since you need to destroy a zombie’s brain or sever its head from it’s neck to kill it. Also, you don’t run out of ammo if you have a sword. Just make sure it’s not too short or you could get scratched.

If your going to use a sword you should also be taking some Beta Alenine and creatine to help ward off lactic build up.

Don’t want to get a cramp in your sword wielding arm.[/quote]

Too late. I have been staring at your avatar and “wielding my sword.”

What are their demands?
Would Zombies even HAVE demands?
Hmmmmmm…

If Zombie’s DO attack…would they need a shoe? Would I? Would you?

Hmmm…

Zombies…

Hmmmmmm…

peace[/quote]
Zombies demand “brains, more brains!”
Duh.

How did I know a disucssion about zombie killing would happen?

I would want a few choices of weapons for zombie killing. I would want a shotgun for multiple zombie harassment. A high powered firearm or even a potato gun to deal ballistic damage to zombies. And not a sword. I would want a halbred. I don’t want them in arms reach of me, ever!

Weapon selection would have to depend on what type of zombies we are talking about. There are “The Night of Living Dead” zombies (walking). Then There’s “28 Days Later” zombies (running). And last, “28 Days” zombies (drunk).

5x5

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
Panik (akajbodzi wrote:
Goodfellow wrote:
Ok everyone knows the best weapon for survival in a zombie invasion would be some sort of sword, preferably a samurai sword such as a katana.

I say sword, since you need to destroy a zombie’s brain or sever its head from it’s neck to kill it. Also, you don’t run out of ammo if you have a sword. Just make sure it’s not too short or you could get scratched.

If your going to use a sword you should also be taking some Beta Alenine and creatine to help ward off lactic build up.

Don’t want to get a cramp in your sword wielding arm.

Too late. I have been staring at your avatar and “wielding my sword.” [/quote]

Thanks Zap I was eating an orange when I read that and laughed a big chunk of it onto my monitor.

[quote]TrainerinDC wrote:
How did I know a disucssion about zombie killing would happen?

I would want a few choices of weapons for zombie killing. I would want a shotgun for multiple zombie harassment. A high powered firearm or even a potato gun to deal ballistic damage to zombies. And not a sword. I would want a halbred. I don’t want them in arms reach of me, ever! [/quote]

I like your strategy…
note to self: Stay close to ‘TrainerinDC’ when Zombies begin to congregate

There is just too much info and too many different ideas to make one workout. So the thing to do is pick one that matches your goals and do it for 4 weeks take a week off and try another. Repeat… This is the only way I have been able to figure out what kind of lifts, split, reps, grips,etc… work best for my body.

Thus far my favorites are 5x5, Meltdown1, the growth surge project, the winning formula, and Get Buffed.

fuck it if zombies attack im bustin out a fuckin SAW (not the carpenters tool, but the Squad Automatic Weapon) I can think of no better way to kill the walking dead…although i believe Homer Simpson used a shotgun