The Ultimate Nut Sack

I love nuts. I love mixed nuts. I hate when they fill them with cheap crap I do not want.

I’d like to make the ultimate healthy mixed nuts in bulk and use them or daily snacking for a good source of fats. What are some of the must haves? Macadamia and cashews and almond and dark chocolate is pretty high on my list so far. What else?

1 Like

I snack on this all day!!! My fav!!!
Sorry it really didn’t address your question:(

I’m already addicted to multiple types of nut butters, have been spending close to $100 a month the last couple months on them and that’s with me “dieting” :joy:. But for now, I want to focus on the solid nuts without the creamy goodness.

I was afraid this thread would be horribly wrong :joy: (inuendos)

Brazil nut: I eat one a day to have my selenium topped up (150mg per nut it’s crazy)

1 Like

`

Brazil nuts have become scarce at my grocery store. I might have to start buying them online.

My plan is to order all these in bulk offline. Make a giant container and just use them as snacks.

Pistachios!

4 Likes

Nut snack I assume.

We ordered a bunch from
www.nuts.com a few weeks ago.

It was a decent price and everything came as promised. May be the first time I have ever got my fill of Brazil nuts.

Ummm…actttuuually these are a seed and not a nut…mmmmmk :nerd_face:

Tease.

First thing to say is I prefer salty nuts. I’m also not a fan of nuts that have never gone through some handling, so nothing raw.

Now the first thing to establish is whether you’re into woody ones or creamy. Going by the nuts you listed, I’d say creamy.

I think you have a cream of he crop (:sunglasses: ) listed already but you may enjoy a little Brazil nut. The trick with these Brazilians is to ensure you get just ripe ones, avoid old nuts at all costs.

I also see lots of nuts but no talk of seed. A much more varied area, I know a lot of people avoid or them out but I think they have something to add here.

What kinda seeds would you add?

No love for walnuts and pecans?

2 Likes

Why no pecans or walnuts?

Or coconuts?

One of my favorite things for a couple of months now has been to throw an ounce of walnuts or pecans into a chobani coconut yogurt. That’s a cup full of awesome right there!

3 Likes

We’re like soul mates but with nuts. :+1:

1 Like

I thought 3x per day was a better serving given the selenium. That’s how many I include.

Also almonds, cashews here. Have a stash at work.

Don’t really care for them, of course if they offer something these other nuts don’t I will most definitely throw them in there. Nuts are crazy high in calories so I want to have a purpose for adding them. The ones mentioned are delicious and according to google healthy :joy:

Copy/paste quick reply

Walnuts are rich in alpha-linolenic acid, a plant-based omega-3 fatty acid. Walnuts also possess more polyphenolic compounds than any other type of nut. Both omega-3 fatty acids and polyphenols are considered critical brain foods that may counteract oxidative stress and inflammation, two drivers of cognitive decline.

Pecans provide phytonutrients, plant-based compounds that have powerful antioxidant benefits. They’re also a good source of the mineral zinc, crucial for immune-cell development and function. Diets high in zinc are linked with a lower risk of many diseases, particularly those related to age and lifestyle

Pumpkin and sunflower.

Also, get outta here with your walnuts @ChickenLittle @SkyzykS. Like, I guess throw it in like you would Spirulina in a shake or something and just swallow that bastard down but not a nut I enjoy throwing in my mouth.

Pecan yes, don’t think coconut is a nut but shavings in a nut mix is pretty good.

I do think it counts as dry fruit though and on that theme, no raisins/sultanas for me. I want no shrivelled, dried up things mixing with my nuts.

Walnuts are the new superfood. I saw it on the internet.

After 3 mos. of 1 cup per day my hair is gorgeous. But my toes have fallen off.

:balance_scale:

J/K about the toes. I know that’s a problem for some people.

2 Likes

Hmmm… what did you do? Eat the ones in the baking section in July? The freshness is key. All nuts are disgusting if they are old and rancid.

1 Like