The U.S. White Trash Nation

Hey, Prof. I think I can handle the weights thing okay. Don’t worry about that. If you are like most, I’d laugh you out of the weightroom, my man. Count on that. Simple and extended experience tells me that.

I’m 220 now. I don’t stop and flex for the folks or tell them my ‘supertotal’ (which I doubt anyone on this board is close to. Period.) People don’t pay attention. Men. Women. You may be checking out other men’s bodies. Even when I was 245 and on an NFL practice squad I saw the same thing.

You may not know this. But the bigger and more impressive you are, the more attitude you get. Probably does not happen to you. But when I frequented bars, as you probably still do, I’d get challenged all the time because I’m a physical specimen. The real deal. A proven athlete. A winner. Athletically and financially.

Probably a little different than you. Let’s be honest. We probably both know ‘pretenders’ when we see them. Right, Prof? I also think we both know that you are one. Well. I’m not. Count on that.

And if I made around 50K a year I’d be in the class of people I’m trying to get away from. Not because they make that paltry sum, but because most in that low income braket don’t take care of their homes and spend the weekends getting bombed and smoked out of their minds instead of taking care of their family. Triple that income. Now you’re getting close. Probably hard to comprehend, I know. Try.
$50,000!? Man. That tells me what I need to know about you.

[quote]Hack Wilson wrote:
I live in the mid-west.

As for being materialistic. Not really. To an extent. I don’t think more so than anyone else. And I am a snob if that means that I don’t want my children exposed to certain things, things that the people I have termed ‘white trash’ take for granted as part of every day life.[/quote]

Hack, I too live in the Midwest, I live in a house not unlike the one you aspire to. Like rainjack said, “If you think the quality of the person depends on the FMV of his house - you are a sad, sad individual.” I would go further to say that If you think changing the FMV of your home will change the values of people around you, you’re an idiot.

I don’t know what part of the Midwest you live in, but a $275K home is not “upper-middle class” IMO. As for asserting you’re a racist, I think his point was a little more sweeping (I could be wrong). Just because someone’s rude, does not mean they’re white trash, much the same way skin color is a very stereotypical and superficial way to categorize someone. And just because you married “outside your race” does not mean you aren’t a racist.

1. You’re obviously hyooge, your choices, like the rest of us, are move out of the way or hurt people. The latter works until you meet someone who’s hyoooge (3 o’s) and they need to get by you. Suck it up.

2. It’s weird that you live in an “upper-middle class” neighborhood and are absolutely surrounded by white trash. One of the two or both labels are wrong.

3. I hate it when white trash motherfuckers like yourself, claim to be ‘taught to be aware of others’, but don’t discipline their children enough to do the same. For every person I see run into a kid, I see about 10 kids run into people. I don’t know how old your kid is, but as long as the person didn’t intentionally chase your kid down and knock him/her over, I’d say it’s just as much your kid’s fault for not paying attention to those around him and having respect for his elders.

[quote]As for being called a YUPPIE. I am supposed to be insulted? If being a yuppie means that I make enough money so that my wife does not have to work and that we can pay the bills, save a good amount, and have enough money for whatever, vacations, etc. Then, yeah. I’m a yuppie.

Does that make me a pussy? I don’t know. I’ve clean and jerked 180 kg. Is that manly enough for you? I’ve full back squatted 240 kg. and clean-grip deadlifted 270 kg., snatched 140 kg. and benched 200 kg. all with no wraps, no belt, etc.

Was I a yuppie when I was on a full football scholarship at a Big East school, too? Am I a yuppie when I compete locally in mixed martial arts, and nationally in o-lifting and powerlifting? Or is all that ‘tough guy’ shit negated by the fact that I also have a relatively high-paying job? Should I not accept that money because it’s not red-neck enough to not dig ditches?[/quote]

Wait, you can post numbers on an internet forum? You are clearly not a yuppie. As a matter of fact, I’m pretty sure you’re not. Complaining about rudeness, espousing your virtues, overreacting to trivial labels and then hypocritically labelling others, given this and the fact that you’ve given no real indication that you’re young, urban, or professional, I’d say you’re just a plain pussy.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
Professor X wrote:
As far as people not moving out of your way, maybe you simply need to lift more weights. People generally move out of my way simply because I am bigger than they are.

I don’t think it has so much to do with your size as it does with just how butt-ugly you are.

I’m just sayin…[/quote]

I’m pretty because my momma told me so.

Hey, Prof. I think I can handle the weights thing okay. Don’t worry about that. If you are like most, I’d laugh you out of the weightroom, my man. Count on that. Simple and extended experience tells me that.

I’m 220 now. I don’t stop and flex for the folks or tell them my ‘supertotal’ (which I doubt anyone on this board is close to. Period.) People don’t pay attention. Men. Women. You may be checking out other men’s bodies. Even when I was 245 and on an NFL practice squad I saw the same thing.

You may not know this. But the bigger and more impressive you are, the more attitude you get. Probably does not happen to you. But when I frequented bars, as you probably still do, I’d get challenged all the time because I’m a physical specimen. The real deal. A proven athlete. A winner. Athletically and financially.

Probably a little different than you. Let’s be honest. We probably both know ‘pretenders’ when we see them. Right, Prof? I also think we both know that you are one. Well. I’m not. Count on that.

And if I made around 50K a year I’d be in the class of people I’m trying to get away from. Not because they make that paltry sum, but because most in that low income braket don’t take care of their homes and spend the weekends getting bombed and smoked out of their minds instead of taking care of their family. Triple that income. Now you’re getting close. Probably hard to comprehend, I know. Try.
$50,000!? Man. That tells me what I need to know about you. [/quote]

Dude, my pic is in my profile. I outweight you by more than 50lbs at the moment at 5’11". I could also care less how much money you make. If this is the character behind it, your are truly worth shit.

You are as big a bigot as I have ever seen on this site.

Now you are basing how much a person makes as to whether they are worthy to live/breathe next to you?

AND you have a “super total” that would put us all to shame?

Good God - and internet tough-guy/bigot.

I bet your wife is really hot as well.

You are a fucking idiot.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
I’m pretty because my momma told me so.[/quote]

Gotta love momma’s. They will lie their smiling faces off just to make us feel good.

I’m 220 now. [/quote]

One more thing…when did this qualify as “big” on a bodybuilding site? Unless you are near contest shape at this weight with a body fat % around 6%-8%, I am not impressed. You talk a lot of shit. How about we see some pictures to back any of that up.

[quote]lucasa wrote:
Hack Wilson wrote:
I live in the mid-west.

As for being materialistic. Not really. To an extent. I don’t think more so than anyone else. And I am a snob if that means that I don’t want my children exposed to certain things, things that the people I have termed ‘white trash’ take for granted as part of every day life.

Hack, I too live in the Midwest, I live in a house not unlike the one you aspire to. Like rainjack said, “If you think the quality of the person depends on the FMV of his house - you are a sad, sad individual.” I would go further to say that If you think changing the FMV of your home will change the values of people around you, you’re an idiot.

As for replacing the term ‘white trash’ with black to show I’m a racist, well…my wife’s not white (and thankfull not white trash) so I try not be too racist since I’m the only one in my household whose caucasian. However, the WHITE TRASH on in my “upper-middle class” neighborhood do fairly well at racism. They make no attempt to pronounce my wife’s name correctly. No matter how often I repeat it. But, that’s probably just stupidity and general ignorance. It doesn’t end there. But that’s all I’ll share.

I don’t know what part of the Midwest you live in, but a $275K home is not “upper-middle class” IMO. As for asserting you’re a racist, I think his point was a little more sweeping (I could be wrong). Just because someone’s rude, does not mean they’re white trash, much the same way skin color is a very stereotypical and superficial way to categorize someone. And just because you married “outside your race” does not mean you aren’t a racist.

And, yeah. I move out of people’s way. Problem is, I found myself molding my body to walls in order to so because some idiot would not take one step to allow me to continue on my path. I’ve stepped into streets to get out of the way. I’ve seen my children get rammed because people won’t inconvenience themselves by moving an inch. It’s a pervasive sense of entitlement and concern for one’s self with no concern or regard for others. I was taught to be aware of others. Respect personal space. Be courteous. But that’s not taught these days and it’s not taught among the white trash crowd.

1. You’re obviously hyooge, your choices, like the rest of us, are move out of the way or hurt people. The latter works until you meet someone who’s hyoooge (3 o’s) and they need to get by you. Suck it up.

2. It’s weird that you live in an “upper-middle class” neighborhood and are absolutely surrounded by white trash. One of the two or both labels are wrong.

3. I hate it when white trash motherfuckers like yourself, claim to be ‘taught to be aware of others’, but don’t discipline their children enough to do the same. For every person I see run into a kid, I see about 10 kids run into people. I don’t know how old your kid is, but as long as the person didn’t intentionally chase your kid down and knock him/her over, I’d say it’s just as much your kid’s fault for not paying attention to those around him and having respect for his elders.

As for being called a YUPPIE. I am supposed to be insulted? If being a yuppie means that I make enough money so that my wife does not have to work and that we can pay the bills, save a good amount, and have enough money for whatever, vacations, etc. Then, yeah. I’m a yuppie.

Does that make me a pussy? I don’t know. I’ve clean and jerked 180 kg. Is that manly enough for you? I’ve full back squatted 240 kg. and clean-grip deadlifted 270 kg., snatched 140 kg. and benched 200 kg. all with no wraps, no belt, etc.

Was I a yuppie when I was on a full football scholarship at a Big East school, too? Am I a yuppie when I compete locally in mixed martial arts, and nationally in o-lifting and powerlifting? Or is all that ‘tough guy’ shit negated by the fact that I also have a relatively high-paying job? Should I not accept that money because it’s not red-neck enough to not dig ditches?

Wait, you can post numbers on an internet forum? You are clearly not a yuppie. As a matter of fact, I’m pretty sure you’re not. Complaining about rudeness, espousing your virtues, overreacting to trivial labels and then hypocritically labelling others, given this and the fact that you’ve given no real indication that you’re young, urban, or professional, I’d say you’re just a plain pussy.
[/quote]

wait. was there a point there somewhere?

yeah. my kid’s out of control when people walk into his/her stroller.

also, since i have an inground pool and an outbuilding with my gym and a rec-room (built after i bought my house for more than 300K), my house is probably going to sell for closer to 400K. especially since i have 2 acres as opposed to the 1/2 acre most have. i said that my neighbors houses are around 275k. not mine.) what i need is to live more near people who are as smart as i am.

and if you think your average 300 pounder is going to make me nervous, think again. if i sound arrogant, if you knew me, you’d know why.

And…here we go…

Hack, you were doing fine, and, having grown up inner-city Detroit, I agree with lots of what you said. But this post is going to get the flames going…

[quote]rainjack wrote:
Hack Wilson wrote:

$50,000!? Man. That tells me what I need to know about you.

Now you are basing how much a person makes as to whether they are worthy to live/breathe next to you?

You are a fucking idiot.[/quote]

Totally echo RainJack and the Prof. You’re a shit-fuck bigot.

my house is probably going to sell for closer to 400K.

what i need is to live more near people who are as smart as i am.
[/quote]

We all know that money equates to intelligence. [/sarcasm]

I have no idea if this is all true or not,but just writing it all down makes me think that the poster may be a bit insecure…it has been my experience that money is the LAST thing that makes any individual worthwhile.

I have known many more ‘poor’ (for lack of a better word) people that have been loaded with integrity,kindness and just general humanity than the majority of ‘wealthy’ people I have known. The ‘poor’ tend to be more genenerous across the board,with their time,belongings ,or any other measure I care to think about.
This has been my experience,maybe I have just been extremely lucky.

[quote]rainjack wrote:

You are a fucking idiot.[/quote]

RJ just found his twin. (that just so happens to have some real size unlike RJ and a hot wife)

[quote]Neuromancer wrote:

I have no idea if this is all true or not,but just writing it all down makes me think that the poster may be a bit insecure…it has been my experience that money is the LAST thing that makes any individual worthwhile.

I have known many more ‘poor’ (for lack of a better word) people that have been loaded with integrity,kindness and just general humanity than the majority of ‘wealthy’ people I have known. The ‘poor’ tend to be more genenerous across the board,with their time,belongings ,or any other measure I care to think about.
This has been my experience,maybe I have just been extremely lucky.[/quote]

I agree completely. I’m military. My income is less right now than what I would be making outside in practice on my own. That doesn’t take away the fact that I have been exposed and learned more than I EVER would have as a civilian. There are people who truly work their asses off here simply to help others instead of for a pay check. I find it sad that anyone relates the worth of a human being to their bank account.

That is actually the most pathetic shit I have seen on this forum…and that is saying a lot.

i think that i am the definition of someone who judges people according to the content of their character. fact is, i don’t care how much money a person makes. i care how they live and how they treat others. to be more specific, i care how somone’s lifestyle affects me.

for instance, two gay guys live two doors down. cool. nice guys. my kids play in their yard, have lunch at their house some weekends. they love kids. no problem. what goes on the house does not affect me. they deserve to be happy. they are good people.

three doors up, white, straight family. fine. no problem there, right? the problem comes in when the fireworks get set off at 3:00 AM. throughout july and august. into september. that affects me. the problem is the parade of highschool boys visiting the daughter at all hours, raising hell. that affects me. that wakes up my kids. so i deal with that.

a bigot hates people because of what they are. i don’t hate anyone, first off. i have problems with people because of what they do and how they act, how they treat me and others. my point is that i think i have to price the trash out of the equation. someone mentioned that i can’t do that. well. maybe i can’t. but i can decrease the odds, right?

it’s pretty easy to call me a bigot. it’s an old fall-back. the old standby. bigot. that’s supposed to hit home and we all shit ourselves with shame. not in this case. 50% of my buddies are black. guys i played ball with and still see regularly. 50% are white. i don’t think about which are which. they are my friends. that’s it.

my favorite neighbor is black. mailman. great guy. responsible. takes care of his home. quiet. respectful of others. to me, it’s shameful to even point out the fact that he’s black. he’s my neighbor. he has a name. he’s a good guy. that’s what he is. i also don’t think about what he makes. doesn’t matter. he works hard. takes care his family. that’s what matters. not his skin color. not his income.

i think that was the point i was trying to make. maybe a poor attempt to make it. too often we choose friends based on things like skin color. this guy has more in common with me than most all of my other neighbors. i’d choose to live near 100 other men with the same values as this guy any day.

i’m sure i stated my point clumsily at times. mostly out of sarcasm and anger. and yeah, i can be elitist and condescending. i know it. i came from poverty, as well. i have worked hard in my life and i work hard now for my family. i don’t see enough of that around me. i see a general deteriorization of our society as a whole. the term ‘white trash’ intimated something other than my point, i think.

as for the term ‘supertotal’. any olympic lifter and most powerlifters would know what that is. it’s not that exotic a term. it’s bench, deadlift, squat, snatch, clean and jerk. the total of those lifts is a supertotal. my college strengh coach measured it and i’ve been (trying to) improve mine ever since. from a training perspective, i’d recommend it. it’s a true reflection of limit strength, explosiveness and athleticism. IN my opinion, of course.

i came on strong here because that seems the way things are done. i also get pissed easy. my intial post was inspired by anger brought on by something that occured toward my two-year old son, who has special needs. something born out of ignorance and hatred. things i associate with the general deteriorization of society. something i attribute - probably erroneously - to an influx of ‘white trash’ values.

Hack Wilson wrote:

I’m 220 now.

One more thing…when did this qualify as “big” on a bodybuilding site? Unless you are near contest shape at this weight with a body fat % around 6%-8%, I am not impressed. You talk a lot of shit. How about we see some pictures to back any of that up.[/quote]

i don’t know that i ever said i was big. IMO - i used to be. i’ll have my wife snap some pics of me training this weekn and i’ll post 'em. BTW - i am around 8% bodyfat now.

Neuromancer wrote:

This has been my experience,maybe I have just been extremely lucky.

I agree completely. I’m military. My income is less right now than what I would be making outside in practice on my own. That doesn’t take away the fact that I have been exposed and learned more than I EVER would have as a civilian. There are people who truly work their asses off here simply to help others instead of for a pay check. I find it sad that anyone relates the worth of a human being to their bank account.

That is actually the most pathetic shit I have seen on this forum…and that is saying a lot.[/quote]

Absolutely.Teachers,nurses,firefighters,policemen
and all other manner of civil servants in countries all over the world make a society work.And I seriouly doubt any of them signed up for the money,because across the board,worldwide,they are amongst the most horrifically underpaid people.Especially if you take into account the responsibilities their jobs entail.
But I guess the OP wouldn’t want to be living next to ‘those’ kinds of people…

i think that i am the definition of someone who judges people according to the content of their character… then a whole bunch more bullshit
[/quote]

All you have done is brag about how tough you are, how much money you make, and how big you house is.

You judge all right. Most bigots do.

[quote]Marmadogg wrote:
RJ just found his twin. (that just so happens to have some real size unlike RJ and a hot wife)[/quote]

You ARE a bitter little spammer, aren’t you?

i think that i am the definition of someone who judges people according to the content of their character. fact is, i don’t care how much money a person makes. i care how they live and how they treat others. to be more specific, i care how somone’s lifestyle affects me.

for instance, two gay guys live two doors down. cool. nice guys. my kids play in their yard, have lunch at their house some weekends. they love kids. no problem. what goes on the house does not affect me. they deserve to be happy. they are good people.

three doors up, white, straight family. fine. no problem there, right? the problem comes in when the fireworks get set off at 3:00 AM. throughout july and august. into september. that affects me. the problem is the parade of highschool boys visiting the daughter at all hours, raising hell. that affects me. that wakes up my kids. so i deal with that.

a bigot hates people because of what they are. i don’t hate anyone, first off. i have problems with people because of what they do and how they act, how they treat me and others. my point is that i think i have to price the trash out of the equation. someone mentioned that i can’t do that. well. maybe i can’t. but i can decrease the odds, right?

it’s pretty easy to call me a bigot. it’s an old fall-back. the old standby. bigot. that’s supposed to hit home and we all shit ourselves with shame. not in this case. 50% of my buddies are black. guys i played ball with and still see regularly. 50% are white. i don’t think about which are which. they are my friends. that’s it.

my favorite neighbor is black. mailman. great guy. responsible. takes care of his home. quiet. respectful of others. to me, it’s shameful to even point out the fact that he’s black. he’s my neighbor. he has a name. he’s a good guy. that’s what he is. i also don’t think about what he makes. doesn’t matter. he works hard. takes care his family. that’s what matters. not his skin color. not his income.

i think that was the point i was trying to make. maybe a poor attempt to make it. too often we choose friends based on things like skin color. this guy has more in common with me than most all of my other neighbors. i’d choose to live near 100 other men with the same values as this guy any day.

i’m sure i stated my point clumsily at times. mostly out of sarcasm and anger. and yeah, i can be elitist and condescending. i know it. i came from poverty, as well. i have worked hard in my life and i work hard now for my family. i don’t see enough of that around me. i see a general deteriorization of our society as a whole. the term ‘white trash’ intimated something other than my point, i think.

as for the term ‘supertotal’. any olympic lifter and most powerlifters would know what that is. it’s not that exotic a term. it’s bench, deadlift, squat, snatch, clean and jerk. the total of those lifts is a supertotal. my college strengh coach measured it and i’ve been (trying to) improve mine ever since. from a training perspective, i’d recommend it. it’s a true reflection of limit strength, explosiveness and athleticism. IN my opinion, of course.

i came on strong here because that seems the way things are done. i also get pissed easy. my intial post was inspired by anger brought on by something that occured toward my two-year old son, who has special needs. something born out of ignorance and hatred. things i associate with the general deteriorization of society. something i attribute - probably erroneously - to an influx of ‘white trash’ values. [/quote]

Hack, I understand that you feel strongly about the way others live affecting your life. Totally acceptable, but to define that in terms of money and possesions is a poor thought. You won’t get away from people’s wild lives by moving to a more expensive place. My example is when Master P moved into the Coutry Club of Louisiana. He had lavish parties all the time and had way more vistiors than allowed by the association. This guy had millions. You see, it’s not the money, but the person themself. Honestly, if you want to get away from that, move onto your own few acre lot that has no neighbors and the problem is solved.

I feel just as strong about people not respecting my neighborhood in the same way, but I realize it has nothing to do with their income, but everything to do with the type of person.