The Typical Teenage Steroid Dilemma

Alright so I want to start off by saying I’ve been working out since I’ve been 15, I’m 18 now and am on a clean diet and regularly go to the gym. I am following Jim Stoppani’s shortcut to size trainer. I’m going off to university next year for engineering and well I have a dilemma.

I know that it is OBVIOUSLY not advised for anyone under 25 to take steroids. However I recently read this post, Steroid Myths and Teenagers - Pharma - Forums - T Nation

I consider myself pretty responsible but I want professional opinions, if I know what I’m doing is a moderate cycle of anavar with test ok ? Once again, I’m not saying I will go on them I just want opinions.

I can tell you first hand after taking the dive(23), I find myself looking forward to my next cycle. Once you start you can’t stop. If you can deal with that then go for it.

I can tell you first hand after taking the dive(20), my time off between cycles got shorter and shorter and now I blast cruise and will be on for life.

if you can’t see yourself doing it forever, then don’t even start imo… because you will NOT be able to stop

I agree with optheta and walkway, it is an addiction. But at 18 I just think there’s more potential harm then if you were in your twenties.

so true^^^ couldnt be said better. I remember telling myself just one run with stuff to put on some size. three cycles later I dont wanna come off. I really dont know anyone who has tried good gear and has only done one cycle. You get so used to loving life big and your new body that going back to normal is just unacceptable and depressing after looking and feeling so damn good. I would wait because chances are your going to be in for the long run.

[quote]BigRonDon wrote:
so true^^^ couldnt be said better. I remember telling myself just one run with stuff to put on some size. three cycles later I dont wanna come off. I really dont know anyone who has tried good gear and has only done one cycle. You get so used to loving life big and your new body that going back to normal is just unacceptable and depressing after looking and feeling so damn good. I would wait because chances are your going to be in for the long run.[/quote]

This is unfortunately true…we are all addicts lol.

True true TRUE!

My first cycle was 12 weeks, by the 8th week I knew I’d be back on the needle. Now like Walkway said, the off times are getting smaller and smaller, and I’m becoming more and more comfortable with getting on TRT in the future just so I can be fucking jacked now

Wats goin on brotha. I felt like I needed to respond to this to tell u a little story because I remember not too long ago I remember when I was asking myself this same question. So there I am… in the gym like an animal clangin and bangin. Senior year of highschool 190lbs 500lb squat and 315 bench press 450 deadlift , I was a football player and the one of the best on the team COMPLETELY NATURAL!!!

Now fast forward Till after freshman year of college… all these people are surpassing me and it was driving me nuts… almost overnight too!! Mind u I trained all through highschool and some of these ppl just started wen they went off to college. It ATE me up inside to say the least. These were people who had horrible diets, went out drinking thursday thru saturday and didnt train all that hard but were still benching 315 for reps and outweighing me while being much leaner than I was and this didnt make sense to me… However one day they slipped up and told me what was REALLYYYY going on !!!

This didnt really help my problem though because I wanted to stay natural but had basicallyreached my limit. I realized then that "wow all these ppl have played their ace card but I still have mine, so let me give it some time and if in 6 months I still feel like running a cycle then hell ill go for it… To say the least it’s changed my life. I went from being a strong in shape man to a fucking beast monster .

Im practically the biggest one in my gym and Im still considered very young. Moral of story… anabolics can take you insane places IF and ONLY IF you have proper diet, training and recovery to match. Currently all those ppl who had surpassed me for that time arent even in my league anymore. So just think to yourself… and watever you choose to do I hope this will help but make sure training and diet are in check so you can get the best results because let me tell you anabolics are no miracle drug and if anything my training and diet are harder and more strict than EVER. Best of luck hope this all helped

Many good advice here, but listen well to jimbopv123. To your youthful impatience, you think you have trained for a long time already but you have not. Who is an expert at anything in just a couple of years? Make sure you really know a LOT about your body, training, food, etc. In 2 years, what you know will dwarf what you know now. Not only will you be able to avoid stunting your natural development, if/when you do get on AAS much later, you’ll know how to get the most out of it, and not be like idiots you know that balloon up yet lose it all almost as fast, with many ugly sides to booth.

I started AAS very late, in my early 30s, and I still go completely off, don’t need TRT, so I’m NOT dependent on them. Yet, it is a struggle, I do feel the urge now to be on all the time, blast & cruise style, since quality of life is so much better on AAS. In your case, your quality of life off will be awful if you stunt your growth by taking them so young! Even it’s not really possible for you, imagine yourself at 25, 30, 45, 50… Life doesn’t stop at 19 or 22 or next month… Put things in a more global perspective than what your youthful impatience commands you.

Thanks guys!! I think I’m gonna stick to a really good diet and intense workout regimen with some supplements for a couple more years and then if I feel good enough, I may start around 23-24

Short cycles, 4 weeks or less at a time, with equal time off.

It is long but i strongly encourage the topic teenage dilemma i just posted man about my cycles at 18, what it did specifically, and results. Then you can decide from an 18 year old with experience.