The TV Programme LOST Thread

I’m not entirely sure why I’m joining in with this thread (because I think Lost is a huge waste of time…6 months of watching for a five minute plot, bah) but, for those who are already on season 2, this may be of some interest:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2303739044374474930

Don’t worry its not a spoiler of any sort.
Enjoy :wink:

Im up to episode fifteen of the first series now :smiley:

Hurley: The Fragrance for Men

So…

Has the finalle aired in US yet guys?

Was it any good?

No spoliers please :slight_smile:

[quote]Ren wrote:
lost is good, I prefer Battlestar Galactica myself as I feel that story is a helluva lot stronger, but despite that I never miss an episode of Lost.[/quote]

Battlestar is awesome…very somber!
I’ve only seen 2 episodes of Lost…both of them were the season finale…tell me if I am way off on this…when the guy watching the button had a systems failure…he not only crashed the airplane, but wiped out half of the earth’s population…that’s why when he left on the boat he couldn’t find anyone…I got that from 2 episodes!

[quote]nolecat wrote:
Ren wrote:
lost is good, I prefer Battlestar Galactica myself as I feel that story is a helluva lot stronger, but despite that I never miss an episode of Lost.

I’ve only seen 2 episodes of Lost…both of them were the season finale…tell me if I am way off on this…when the guy watching the button had a systems failure…he not only crashed the airplane, but wiped out half of the earth’s population…that’s why when he left on the boat he couldn’t find anyone…I got that from 2 episodes![/quote]

What makes you think he wiped out half of earth’s population?

[quote]lostinthought wrote:
nolecat wrote:
Ren wrote:
lost is good, I prefer Battlestar Galactica myself as I feel that story is a helluva lot stronger, but despite that I never miss an episode of Lost.

I’ve only seen 2 episodes of Lost…both of them were the season finale…tell me if I am way off on this…when the guy watching the button had a systems failure…he not only crashed the airplane, but wiped out half of the earth’s population…that’s why when he left on the boat he couldn’t find anyone…I got that from 2 episodes!

What makes you think he wiped out half of earth’s population? [/quote]

I don’t know…couldn’t think of anything more creative!!!

Ok, so I just watched the season finale last night…

And all I have to say is WTF?!?!

seriously, wtf.

For those who haven’t seen it, its really good, just wtf.

im on the final episode of the first series. Should start on the second soon now.

T ham PM if you like, I thought it was pretty good!

OK, so who else was overjoyed to see the smug bastard get it last night?

[quote]nephorm wrote:
OK, so who else was overjoyed to see the smug bastard get it last night?[/quote]

Shush! I’m downloading it now and won’t be able to watch it right away. (There’s no way I can stay up to watch it and get up at 3:30 a.m. for my regular gym time.)

[quote]nephorm wrote:
OK, so who else was overjoyed to see the smug bastard get it last night?[/quote]

Oh yeah for sure. What did it for me was when he tore up the letter. Not him stealing the kidney…not him causing Sawyer’s parents death…not him pushing Locke out of a window from many stories up…not him psychologically ruining Locke and Sawyer’s lives…but when he tore up the letter…THAT did it!

;p

Anyway they’re clearly starting to elude to the possibility that they’re all actually in hell. I don’t think that’s true for two reasons.

1. I’m not positive but I think I remember reading on a forum that the writers of the show already stated that they are NOT in hell when that was the rumor a season or so ago.

2. If they’re in hell…how could the others transition between the island and the real world like they have been doing?

My theory as of right now is that the wreckage of the flight they supposedly found was a set up by the Dharma Initiative.

All I know is that Lost finally got interesting again…

[quote]nephorm wrote:

Yes, although everytime I see that guy, all I can think about is “Roadhouse” since he played the owner of the Double Deuce in that movie.

Show has been real good the last month and I’m looking forward to the finale.

My wife thinks they could be in the Bermuda Triangle…myself, I’m not quite sure what’s going on yet.

Definitely glad to see the bastard get it.

The show is getting very good again.

It’s had its ups and downs but I’ve enjoyed it as much as any other TV show…ever.

[quote]T Ham wrote:
Ok, so I just watched the season finale last night…

And all I have to say is WTF?!?!

seriously, wtf.

For those who haven’t seen it, its really good, just wtf.[/quote]

I just watched the entire series from the pilot through the season 3 finale in less than 3 weeks and I concur with this guys comments regarding the whole thing. HMMMM. Where the hell do we go from here now?

Any thoughts on the season 4 premier aside from more WTF?

I thought it was good, but I watched the first season on TV…I am very glad that they changed the time back to 9 instead of 10, this will allow me to watch more of the episodes.

Any one else see the new episodes.
I also liked the re-cap with the commentary to refresh my memory and explain things I didnt understand or that I missed

How actually great this show ends up being is entirely dependent on how it winds up being tied together. To this point it is EXTREMELY intriguing because of what they continue to keep just out of reach. If all this ties up ingeniously it’ll be a genuine classic. If it ends with some hobbled together conclusions I’ll feel like they were keeping me tagging along with cheap on the fly plot tricks.

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:
How actually great this show ends up being is entirely dependent on how it winds up being tied together. To this point it is EXTREMELY intriguing because of what they continue to keep just out of reach. If all this ties up ingeniously it’ll be a genuine classic. If it ends with some hobbled together conclusions I’ll feel like they were keeping me tagging along with cheap on the fly plot tricks.[/quote]

I think they’ve done well enough so far to still make this a classic. X-Files ended badly considering where it seemed to headed. You still can’t take away the peak 3-4 years that it was running. I was expecting even more far out conclusions to this stuff but they keep tying it off nicely. The addition of “future flashbacks” means they can go anywhere they want with this. I really don’t see how they can explain that smoke monster though.

Then again, I haven’t seen the new season at all.