The Truth and Nothing But the Truth

The last time I saw her on TV, she was in a show where she was attempting to convince a little girl to lie in order to win a beauty pageant by comparing it favorably to killing an unborn child. “Go out there and have the abortion of your dreams!” - that’s when I decided I could go the rest of my life without ever seeing Sarah Silverman again. The disgust really isn’t worth the occasional chuckle, for me. Both Maher and Coulter are considerably funnier and more palatable.

[quote]MrRezister wrote:

GDollars37 wrote:
Not to mention, as far as offensive humor goes, Sarah Silverman is more attractive and much funnier.

nephorm wrote:
I object to this post for furthering the stereotype that Sarah Silverman is funny.

bigflamer wrote:
I think she has her funny moments.

The last time I saw her on TV, she was in a show where she was attempting to convince a little girl to lie in order to win a beauty pageant by comparing it favorably to killing an unborn child. “Go out there and have the abortion of your dreams!” - that’s when I decided I could go the rest of my life without ever seeing Sarah Silverman again. The disgust really isn’t worth the occasional chuckle, for me. Both Maher and Coulter are considerably funnier and more palatable.[/quote]

Silverman is pretty unfunny and tasteless. A tough combination.

[quote]Ken Kaniff wrote:
Isnt it odd that Maher and Coulter once dated and are still friends? U know about that Hunter?[/quote]

They were engaged, I believe. She told me that she’s been engaged several times but just can’t bring herself to take the plunge.

[quote]Magnate wrote:
CappedAndPlanIt wrote:
Profiling is still wrong.

But more affective than our current system. The idea of “random” in and of itself is a failure. We really need to take a page from Israel on this one.
[/quote]

Again, I disagree. Just because a system would be “more effective” at possibly catching criminals does not justify it. I’m sure people would be much less likely to own anything illegal if the cops could randomly search any house without probable cause.

Etc, etc.

And if you were simply in your car, in a school parking lot, waiting for your child to get out of school? Thats a much closer analogy to an Arab using an airplane to travel (or picking someone up or any other reason for being in an airport).

I just doubt you’d be comfortable with it, even if you werent arrested and it was just a “minor inconvenience”… that happened every time a different cop saw you in the school parking lot, or at a playground, or at a park, or saw you with your child (and assumed you were molesting them)…

not to mention the attitudes you get from all the other “less-likely-to-be-molester” parents whenever you’re around them, from the suspecious looks to them taking their children away as soon as they see you there…

I get the impression thats kind of what its like these days to be an Arab in a society that just believes it “makes more sense” that you’d be a dangerous terrorist.

[quote]

(Yes, I’m making the assumption that you’re a white male. If you are not, I apologize. But the point remains.)

Yes, I am quite white.[/quote]

Well, then. I was right. :slight_smile:

If I was standing at an elementary school wiating for my kid to walk them to the car and a school worker asked me what I was doing…to make sure I wasn’t a creep, I wouldn’t have a problem with it. It’s all for the common good. If arabs are having a problem being stopped at the airport then it’s their problem. It’s not like they are being thrown into prison and being tortured. If they think my 5 minutes is worth the lives of the people in the plane…so be it.

If you disagree…you fail.

Someone outta start throwing up Colbert/Daily Show Reporter (not Stewart) quotes. They’d fit this thread quite nicely.

[quote]CappedAndPlanIt wrote:
“Canada sent troops to Vietnam”

Ann Coulter[/quote]

What!??