The TRUTH About Global Warming

[quote]lixy wrote:

More useless crap.[/quote]

Global warming… blah blah blah… America bad.

Venezuela… blah blah blah… America bad.

Economics… blah blah blah… America bad.

Stem Cells… blah blah blah… America bad.

Turkey Recipes … blah blah blah… America bad.

We get it. You hate America and Americans. Try learning a little more about this country before judging us based on your indoctrination.

I can understand having disagreements with Americas foreign policy, but your posts go way beyond that. You have lost all rationality in your arguments, and your anger is so obviously tainting your posts.

When you get irrational people quit taking you seriously, and your opinions get dismissed.

What’s with all you guys?

Claims were made that money is “squandered” on global warming. I don’t have the tiniest clue whether the phenomenon is for real or not, but it should be clear to anyone that the costs currently incurred to find out (salaries of statisticians and climatologists, CPU time on supercomputers) are not that high. And for all we know, they may find out something interesting. That’s how progress is made. You look for something, and you end up stumbling upon something totally unexpected. It’s called research.

Now if you folks condemn the idea of handing out billions of dollars in weaponry to Egyptians, Israelis and others, then you may have a case complaining about the peanuts spent on weather research. Else, I suggest you review your priorities when it comes to the way American tax money is spent.

[quote]lixy wrote:
What’s with all you guys?

Claims were made that money is “squandered” on global warming. I don’t have the tiniest clue whether the phenomenon is for real or not, but it should be clear to anyone that the costs currently incurred to find out (salaries of statisticians and climatologists, CPU time on supercomputers) are not that high. And for all we know, they may find out something interesting. That’s how progress is made. You look for something, and you end up stumbling upon something totally unexpected. It’s called research.

Now if you folks condemn the idea of handing out billions of dollars in weaponry to Egyptians, Israelis and others, then you may have a case complaining about the peanuts spent on weather research. Else, I suggest you review your priorities when it comes to the way American tax money is spent.[/quote]

The issue is whether there is a legitimate cost-benefit to “squandering” money on GW - and is restricted to the merits of that issue. Then, the natural argument is some people say “it’s worth it” and suggest evidence GW is a big problem, and others say “doesn’t add up” and suggest evidence GW is overblown.

It has nothing to do with where else money is spent - it would be just as stupid for me to say “oh yeah? If we didn’t bleed out billions by spending for the Department of Education, we would have plenty of money to address GW”. In short, there isn’t an area of expenditures I couldn’t make that “argument” on - NASA, the Bridge to Nowhere, Government Paid For Health Care - literally any government expenditure could be used here.

But this is a thread about GW and its merits (or lack thereof).

But you always zero in on foreign policy decisions you don’t like. Always. No matter the topic. It’s transparent - and no one bothers taking you seriously anymore.

We all get it - and you haven’t yet figured out the joke is on you.

[quote]thunderbolt23 wrote:
The issue is whether there is a legitimate cost-benefit to “squandering” money on GW - and is restricted to the merits of that issue. Then, the natural argument is some people say “it’s worth it” and suggest evidence GW is a big problem, and others say “doesn’t add up” and suggest evidence GW is overblown.

It has nothing to do with where else money is spent - it would be just as stupid for me to say “oh yeah? If we didn’t bleed out billions by spending for the Department of Education, we would have plenty of money to address GW”. In short, there isn’t an area of expenditures I couldn’t make that “argument” on - NASA, the Bridge to Nowhere, Government Paid For Health Care - literally any government expenditure could be used here. [/quote]

I disagree. It has everything to do with where else money is spent. You don’t go around experimenting with cutting edge testosterone boosters if you don’t even have basic PWO nutrition covered.

All “government expenditure[s]” are not created equal. Giving American kids a proper education or health care is totally different from shipping out billions of dollars to some tyrant on the other side of the planet. You just can’t ignore that it’s too totally different issues.

I don’t have a problem with people who criticize man-made global warming. I know better than to think irrefutable evidence can be put forth in such complex models. But, when people turn away from the purely academic side of the debate and try to say money is “squandered”, I can’t keep silent. We need to know more about the repercussions our current lifestyle is having on the planet, and I view attempts to cut funding to those studying these things as censorship.

You seem to have problems with relativism and are only able to think in black and white. The money spent on climate research is negligible, and you can’t take other expenditures out of the equation.

Note that I am not arguing the OP’s point. Just pointing out the hypocrisy in subsequent posts.

[quote]lixy wrote:
…I can’t keep silent. …[/quote]

We noticed.