The Tiny World of Supplements

[quote]borrek wrote:

Se7en - I cracked open a capsule, and imaged it still in its hydrated state. Compared to HOT-ROX Extreme, it was much more crystalline[/quote]

Very interesting work and post! Thanks!

With Se7en, we found with a relative bioavailability study that with this particular material, the bioavailability enhancement from the excipient used was not dependent on the material all being dissolved. It was possible to load the capsules much more heavily than the solubility allows and still get the same improvement.

That was an unexpected result. It wasn’t the case with the actives in MAG-10, for example, or with the A7-E in HOT-ROX, both of which are fully dissolved in the matrix.

I think this is the coolest post I have ever seen on here.

Ever. Thanks for sharing!

[quote]borrek wrote:
lou21 wrote:
How does that avoid charging? (Answer as technical as you want to make it?)

The SEM makes an image by scanning an electron beam over the surface of a sample and collecting the signal generated. This all happens in a vacuum. That electron beam needs to travel to ground, but with electrically insulating samples (like these powders) the charge cannot make it to ground, so a huge static charge builds and then the electron beam can get pushed around all wonky. With an environmental SEM, a small water vapor atmosphere is bled in, to ground out the surface of the powders.[/quote]

Yeah I get the first part. I work with an electron beam instrument regualarly. So no need for coating… How modern is the environmental SEM technique?

Very cool images… maybe you can get a scan of Metabolic Drive so I can have bed sheets made up with the design, because I just love that shit! -lol

S

thanks man this was cool

Very cool.

This is probably the best post on here.
Thanks!

Any chance you can do this in color? just wondering

Very cool. Nice work Michigander!