T Nation

The Term 'Maverick'

mav·er·ick /�?mæv�?rɪk, �?mævrɪk/ Pronunciation Key - Spelled Pronunciation[mav-er-ik, mav-rik] Pronunciation Key �??noun

1. Southwestern U.S. an unbranded calf, cow, or steer, esp. an unbranded calf that is separated from its mother.

[Origin: 1865�??70, Americanism; after Samuel A. Maverick (1803�??70), Texas pioneer who left his calves unbranded]

Maverick is a comedy-western television series created by Roy Huggins that ran from September 22, 1957 to July 8, 1962 on ABC and featured James Garner, Jack Kelly, Roger Moore, and Robert Colbert as the poker-playing traveling Mavericks (Bret, Bart, Beau, & Brent).

Moore and Colbert were later additions, though there were never more than two current Mavericks in the series at any given time, and sometimes only one.

Top Gun is a 1986 American film directed by Tony Scott and produced by Don Simpson and Jerry Bruckheimer in association with Paramount Pictures. The film stars Tom Cruise, Kelly McGillis, Anthony Edwards, Val Kilmer and Tom Skerritt.

The film follows LT Pete “Maverick” Mitchell, a young Naval aviator who aspires to be a top fighter pilot in the United States Navy Fighter Weapons School, which trains the top 1% of all Naval aviators.

Maverick is a word I am tired of hearing.

Then you are unpatriotic.

[quote]BabyBuster wrote:
Then you are unpatriotic.[/quote]

I am unpatriotic because I am tired of hearing a word ?

That may be the dumbest thing I ever heard. Matter of fact, it IS the dumbest thing I ever heard or read.

[quote]therover wrote:
BabyBuster wrote:
Then you are unpatriotic.

I am unpatriotic because I am tired of hearing a word ?

That may be the dumbest thing I ever heard. Matter of fact, it IS the dumbest thing I ever heard or read.

[/quote]

The stupid… it burns…