The Tattoo Thread

I really like tattoos. I’ve decided this summer, I’ll likely be getting “Solum Per Exitum” (Latin for ‘the only way out is through’) across my upper back, with a medium sized cross running down the center. Or I’ve wondered about getting it on my ribs, but when I wear cut-offs, I’d rather not everyone see it.

Getting tattoos seems to be a fad for America’s youth right now, so…

I’m gonna be all cliche and say for anybody looking to get a tattoo to make sure you really want one because it will be with you forever unless you can afford the painful laser tattoo removal.

And I’ll also say to get to know your tattoo artist at least a little bit because my ‘all business’ tattoo experience just left me feeling weird… almost like a used t-shirt. lol

[quote]krazykoukides wrote:

I’m gonna be all cliche and say for anybody looking to get a tattoo to make sure you really want one because it will be with you forever unless you can afford the painful laser tattoo removal.

And I’ll also say to get to know your tattoo artist at least a little bit because my ‘all business’ tattoo experience just left me feeling weird… almost like a used t-shirt. lol

[/quote]

I’ll agree with you on this one. I see a bunch of my friends get tattoos that I know they’re going to think are stupid in about 5-10 years. That’s why if I get one, it’s going to be something worth while.

CS

[quote]CSEagles1694 wrote:

[/quote]

I’ll agree with you on this one. I see a bunch of my friends get tattoos that I know they’re going to think are stupid in about 5-10 years. That’s why if I get one, it’s going to be something worth while.

CS[/quote]

your friends will probably think what you think of them. Lol seriously, a tat should be for the person getting it, if it satisfies them i dont give a fuck what the tatoo is, how stupid it seems to me or whatever, its not my body, if its what someone wants or what we make be skeptical about what they ‘think’ they want now, then so be it. I dont know why everyone gets so offensive about other ppl getting tatttoos. like seriously, its not ur body, its not ur body, again its not ur body… dont judge so hard guys. Not in a thread about just showing off body art, which ONLY A FEW PPL WHO HAVE POSTED PICTURES OF THEIR TATTOOS HAVE ANY FUCKING RELEVANCE

[/quote]

CS[/quote]

Definitely in the same boat. I’ve always loved tattoos, but really wanted to make sure it was something that I know 30 year old me, 40 year old me, 50 year old me… would all look back on and say ‘Yeah, that still defines me’. I’ve waited a long time on deciding what to get, but I think I’m certain on what I want now.

Also, I really want my tattoo to be ‘hidden’. Something that just walking in public, you wouldn’t see. Those who you tattoos as a form of art is cool, but for me, I want it to be personal, something that you have to probably know me at a certain level to really know about.

I have several, and will get several more, but to the younger guys out there: WAIT. I’ve told my tat stories on here a couple of times so won’t rehash it, but trust me. The best tat advice I’ve heard is if you really want something, give it two years. If you still want it you’re good. The shit you think is deep and poetic in your late teens/early 20’s is gonna seem cheesy and lame 5 years later, GUARANTEED.

[quote]PimpBot5000 wrote:

[quote]Brother Chris wrote:

The other is on my the superior part down the lateral aspect of my right shoulder, “audi Israhel Dominus Deus noster Dominus unus est diliges Dominum Deum tuum ex toto corde tuo et ex tota anima tua et ex tota fortitudine tea”

[/quote]

You must have big delts to be able to fit all that![/quote]

No, it’s two lines. Sorry for not making that clear.

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:
I have several, and will get several more, but to the younger guys out there: WAIT. I’ve told my tat stories on here a couple of times so won’t rehash it, but trust me. The best tat advice I’ve heard is if you really want something, give it two years. If you still want it you’re good. The shit you think is deep and poetic in your late teens/early 20’s is gonna seem cheesy and lame 5 years later, GUARANTEED.[/quote]
It’s great advice, but most of them won’t listen.

Some of mine have thought behind them, others have zero. I simply like them. Good enough for me, I’m the one carrying the damn thing around forever.

[quote]PimpBot5000 wrote:

The other is on my the superior part down the lateral aspect of my right shoulder, “audi Israhel Dominus Deus noster Dominus unus est diliges Dominum Deum tuum ex toto corde tuo et ex tota anima tua et ex tota fortitudine tea”

[/quote]

You must have big delts to be able to fit all that![/quote]

No, it’s two lines. Sorry for not making that clear.[/quote]Deuteronomy 6. What the Jews call the “Shema” in it’s immediate context from the vulgate. Jerome might not have approved of you tatooing that on your body Chris. I bet B16 doesn’t do that. T1 has a bunch of very old ones he wishes he didn’t though.

Wonder if Iron Dwarf draws any up for people? I like his art.

[quote]strungoutboy21 wrote:

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:
I have several, and will get several more, but to the younger guys out there: WAIT. I’ve told my tat stories on here a couple of times so won’t rehash it, but trust me. The best tat advice I’ve heard is if you really want something, give it two years. If you still want it you’re good. The shit you think is deep and poetic in your late teens/early 20’s is gonna seem cheesy and lame 5 years later, GUARANTEED.[/quote]
It’s great advice, but most of them won’t listen. [/quote]

Tell me about it. My nephew, who’s about to turn 21 and has a felony under his belt is in the process of getting a sleeve like George Cloony’s in From Dusk til Dawn. He’s got from shoulder to elbow already, and his dad (my brother) and I are tellin’ him he’s good, but being 20 and bulletproof he isn’t trying to hear it.

[quote]bignate wrote:

[/quote]

CS[/quote]

your friends will probably think what you think of them. Lol seriously, a tat should be for the person getting it, if it satisfies them i dont give a fuck what the tatoo is, how stupid it seems to me or whatever, its not my body, if its what someone wants or what we make be skeptical about what they ‘think’ they want now, then so be it. I dont know why everyone gets so offensive about other ppl getting tatttoos. like seriously, its not ur body, its not ur body, again its not ur body… dont judge so hard guys. Not in a thread about just showing off body art, which ONLY A FEW PPL WHO HAVE POSTED PICTURES OF THEIR TATTOOS HAVE ANY FUCKING RELEVANCE
[/quote]

I don’t think CSEagles1694 or I meant to criticize anybody. Pointing out the fact that more and more people in their late teens and early twenties are getting tattoos is simply an observation. Adding in that many of the tattoos they choose seem to be just for the cool factor with a likelihood that they will regret them later is simply another observation.

Nobody was telling anybody what to do or not to do with their body. Perhaps I did lead the thread in a direction other than it was meant for but I meant no real harm. Plus, this is GAL and it always happens anyway. At least what I said was relevant to the topic of discussion. :wink:

This was a cover up.

This was the final product.

You can see part of my back piece, this was a picture after I got some graston on my shoulder.

I guess I need to take some new pictures of other shoulder and my calves.

DO NOT EVER GET WALL ART

I’m currently looking into getting my third tattoo. This time it’s going to be a forearm tattoo. DJ, thanks for the advice but I’m going for it lol. Been asking people at work with ink where they went, who did it, etc. I work at a big hospital which is great cause alot of folks have them now.

Two things I have learned so far:

#1. Everybody loves to talk about their tattoo(s)
#2. Everybody loves to talk about thier NEXT tattoo lol.

My sister’s tattoo artist was telling her a short while ago that he regrets getting his hands and neck done. Major pain in the ass at airport security and tells customers it ain’t worth the trouble it causes.

In hindsight I would have done it differently. I would have passed on getting the dragon on my right upper arm and the larger dragon on my left upper back and gone with one big back peice. I just can’t justify getting a back peice now. My kitchen need a reno and my roof needs new shingles :frowning:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:
This was the final product.[/quote]

That purple and green combo looks awesome.