T Nation

The Taste of Surge?

So I got Surge original flavor and took it to the gym, mixed with water, and shook the hell out of it. then I waited for the foaming to go down and took a sip.

Is it supposed to taste like cough medacine? Why?

Does anyone know any ideas to help the taste?

Ha, yea I dont care at all for the taste, but ive gone through a few tubs now, hehe…gotta love it…try mixing it with just a little something else.

Tastes like ameretto to me. Cough syrup??? No way.

When I first tried Surge, I hated the flavor. After drinking it the second or third time, I loved it. I don’t recommend shaking it… mixing it with a spoon or fork works very well, and the flavor seems better that way.

This is a topic that comes up fairly frequently.

Adding ice, if possible, helps as does reducing the amount of water you mix it with.

Most people find that after a couple of weeks, not only does the flavour seem passable, it is actually pretty damn tasty.

Stirred, not shaken.

Heh, i guess it’s all relative.
Back in the day (15 years ago) i forced down 100% egg white powder from GNC mixed with water, additional egg whites and ice…which would make a disgusting grey shake that i had to hold my nose to drink.

So compared to that, Surge tastes like an angelfood cake milkshake.

mix with as cold of water as possible
Dosn’t taste to good with warmer water

[quote]KO421 wrote:
mix with as cold of water as possible
Dosn’t taste to good with warmer water[/quote]

I’ve found this to be true with most ‘mixing’ supplements. I always throw some ice in the shaker or blender, also makes the drink (whatever it may be) a little more refreshing.

I haven’t tried the original, but I know the raspberry tastes pretty good. It still has a weird after taste. Nothing worth giving it up though… I won’t ever give up Surge.

I would give up food before I give up Surge.

Basically, I was skeptically about the “original” taste so I bought raspberry. Works for me.

Here’s a little something I do sometimes and it tastes really fucking good. Any protein powder can work with this “recipe.”

Add 1/4 of a cup to maybe a 1/3 cup of liquid egg whites, a little splash or two of some kind of juice (i like pineapple), and then just stir it up and enjoy. Tropical protein goodness.

Works well with vanilla protein powder and I’d imagine it might work well with Surge.

Use ice and mix it as cold as you can get it with as little foam as possible. After a while, you palate will adjust, and you’ll end up liking it without the need for ice.

I like the raspberry flavor better especially when sipping during the workout…

taste perfect to me!

I never minded the original flavor but the Raspberry is EXCELLENT!!

Ya, when I made it the water wasnt as cold as it could of been. Also I noticed the powder tastes delicous (not mixed with water) if only I could just eat the powder. Im going to try and use just 1 scoop with like 5 ounces of water and see if i can handle that. because my taste buds and stomach were begging me to put that surge away, even though the benefits seems so infinite.

Eh maybe it’s a personal preference but I love Surge, it’s my favorite post-workout shake because I feel like I’m having some short-cake blended in my mouth. I’m going to start blending berries into it :slight_smile: hmm strawberries.

[quote]kinein wrote:
Eh maybe it’s a personal preference but I love Surge, it’s my favorite post-workout shake because I feel like I’m having some short-cake blended in my mouth. I’m going to start blending berries into it :slight_smile: hmm strawberries.

[/quote]

If I were to be put to death, I’d find a way to work Surge into my final meal.

I love that stuff.

[quote]mtotry wrote:
I like the raspberry flavor better especially when sipping during the workout…

taste perfect to me!

I never minded the original flavor but the Raspberry is EXCELLENT!!

[/quote]

No shit! There is a major difference in taste. The raspberry Surge tastes nothing like the original. In fact I had to read the ingredients to make sure it was the same stuff, haha.

The raspberry flavor totally covers up the bitter taste the original has.

I actually take back my Original Post. I tried some last night and it was amazing. I mixed it and threw an ice cube in there to chill it. WONDERFUL.

God i cant wait till i can afford Surge again, i love the stuff, its like drinking dessert during and after your workout.

–JB

I no longer use the stuff, but when I did I loved it. Three words: Angel food cake.