The Taste of Cold Steel

I doubt this kid will play baseball with these fences again.

Holy shit!!

ya…

im sure it felt good.

I feel a “Post Your Most Disturbing Image” thread in the making. Perhaps soon to be followed by thread deletion.

Or is this what we mean by “Dangerously Hardcore?” I do believe that impaling your face on an iron gate is pretty damn hardcore…

~Terumo

Gotta be fake. Unless he miraculously missed both jugulars and carotids, where is all the blood?

[quote]dond1esel wrote:
Gotta be fake. Unless he miraculously missed both jugulars and carotids, where is all the blood?[/quote]

I don’t know. The medical director of Orthopaedics showed it to us during a lecture. Apparently it was on the news… but who knows. I had to search around to find it again.

Assuming the fence is tapered it is possible that everything is pinched off from the pressure.

Either way… sick accident or great photoshop.

its real i remember when it happened…got me outta jumping fences for like a year.

Yeah I remember seeing this photo in the paper. Maybe 12 years ago? It’s certainly an image that sticks.

Its sad that the guy who designed this type of fence (way way back then) died before he actually saw the security purpose in full effect.

I feel bad for those kids playing with him, and anyone watching. That just ruined baseball for every single one of them. Not because of the horror, etc, but seriously, WHAT THE FUCK IS GUNNA TOP THAT IN A GAME?!

Christ, in the Sox/Yankees World Series games nothing short of Babe Ruth’s rotting corpse digging up from beneath the park and pinch hitting a called from the plate homer into center field would’ve topped seeing that above picture happen live. I bet not one of those kids has ever watched a game since. Poor bastards…