THE TALK

[quote]strongwall wrote:
Speaking of mis-interpretations, mr. hyoooooge body gordo whos thunderstepping around at 275lbs in his 50’s whos now a fat ass and mistakingly ran jacked up cycles for years through the 70’s,80’s and 90’s sure does have it all figured out on giving advice on why people should not be taking AAS unless they are making a carreer out of it.

You are joking right? Its not the die young bravado, you can go anytime on this earth, young or old, natural causes or not. Not everybody takes gear to get “hyoooge” which you seem to make it out to be. Alot of people do it in moderation, for that extra bit of energy, strength, endurance and feeling of well being.

If a doctor told their patients they could prescribe a drug that had all these qualities with certain minimal side affects I gurantee that these patients would be jumping all over it if they never knew what it was, but oh my god if they knew it was steroids oh thats bad. Better give them prozac instead or the magic purple pill. Point is all drugs have side affects including EVERY single prescribed drug out there!

Why dont they outlaw sugar? Sugar is responsible for more deaths in one year due to health related affects than steroids has been for the past 50 years. Open your eyes, you may see something, listen you may learn something. If wideguy was my son and I caught him with needles, I would pray to god it wasnt for something much worse. Once I found out it was for juice, Before condenming him I would listen to him.

You cant control people, people want to experience life and thats what they are going to do. People want “LIFE EXPERIENCE” for without that, why live? People are generally good and want to do the right thing, Their are more important things you could be comdeming.

TheBodyGuard wrote:
Personally, I think you all say that crap b/c you’re young. I want to hear you say that when you’re 50. And by the way, my post specifically said that I was questioning “beyond replacement doses”…I was talking about getting “hyooge”.

Fact is, you won’t be around very long at all to enjoy your children or grandchildren…unless you know of a bunch of 270lb 65 and up year olds - but I might not get out alot…I don’t see many.

These last three posts are a classic example of someone not reading and comprehending the entirety of someone’s post. That aside, I want to see all that die younger bravado when you have children or grandchildren.

I REPEAT - I was not referring to REPLACEMENT doses of AAS…and let’s stop jerking each other off…this site aint about such practices…this is a BB and athletic performance site…most folks here, including you guys, are trying to get big. And if you aint making a living from being big (or even competing)…you need to ask yourself why are you trying to get so large?

Anyway, I’m still big, probably much bigger than any of you…so I’m not casting any stones your way. But the die young bravado is laughable and you’re really just engaging in self-bargaining type behavior.

Another thing just dawned on me…I know plenty of AAS users that won’t exceed 220lbs even if they step on the scale with a 20lb weight. My post was addressed in general to the “big boys”…not the guys that use and still won’t be big b/c your genetics are shitty.

[/quote]

Uh, fucknuts…reading, as I’m fond of saying…is FUNDIMINENTAL…I’m 41; I’m 275 yes but I’m clean. I don’t say I’m clean as some type of badge of honor b/c I am VERY liberal about someone’s choice to use AAS. Until you can read and comprehend, you gets no play except my correcting your painfully obvious errors of comprehension. May I suggest the Dick and Jane series for starters? See Spot…See Spot run… See spot sit. POP QUIZ…what was spot doing in the story. C’mon, you can do it!

[quote]strongwall wrote:
Speaking of mis-interpretations, mr. hyoooooge body gordo whos thunderstepping around at 275lbs in his 50’s whos now a fat ass and mistakingly ran jacked up cycles for years through the 70’s,80’s and 90’s sure does have it all figured out on giving advice on why people should not be taking AAS unless they are making a carreer out of it.

You are joking right? Its not the die young bravado, you can go anytime on this earth, young or old, natural causes or not. Not everybody takes gear to get “hyoooge” which you seem to make it out to be. Alot of people do it in moderation, for that extra bit of energy, strength, endurance and feeling of well being.

If a doctor told their patients they could prescribe a drug that had all these qualities with certain minimal side affects I gurantee that these patients would be jumping all over it if they never knew what it was, but oh my god if they knew it was steroids oh thats bad. Better give them prozac instead or the magic purple pill. Point is all drugs have side affects including EVERY single prescribed drug out there!

Why dont they outlaw sugar? Sugar is responsible for more deaths in one year due to health related affects than steroids has been for the past 50 years. Open your eyes, you may see something, listen you may learn something. If wideguy was my son and I caught him with needles, I would pray to god it wasnt for something much worse. Once I found out it was for juice, Before condenming him I would listen to him.

You cant control people, people want to experience life and thats what they are going to do. People want “LIFE EXPERIENCE” for without that, why live? People are generally good and want to do the right thing, Their are more important things you could be comdeming.

TheBodyGuard wrote:
Personally, I think you all say that crap b/c you’re young. I want to hear you say that when you’re 50. And by the way, my post specifically said that I was questioning “beyond replacement doses”…I was talking about getting “hyooge”.

Fact is, you won’t be around very long at all to enjoy your children or grandchildren…unless you know of a bunch of 270lb 65 and up year olds - but I might not get out alot…I don’t see many.

These last three posts are a classic example of someone not reading and comprehending the entirety of someone’s post. That aside, I want to see all that die younger bravado when you have children or grandchildren.

I REPEAT - I was not referring to REPLACEMENT doses of AAS…and let’s stop jerking each other off…this site aint about such practices…this is a BB and athletic performance site…most folks here, including you guys, are trying to get big. And if you aint making a living from being big (or even competing)…you need to ask yourself why are you trying to get so large?

Anyway, I’m still big, probably much bigger than any of you…so I’m not casting any stones your way. But the die young bravado is laughable and you’re really just engaging in self-bargaining type behavior.

Another thing just dawned on me…I know plenty of AAS users that won’t exceed 220lbs even if they step on the scale with a 20lb weight. My post was addressed in general to the “big boys”…not the guys that use and still won’t be big b/c your genetics are shitty.

[/quote]

Whoa…forgot to mention…LOL FAT ass? You’re what…? 235 and 18% BF…is that what I READ? FAT ASS? Were you looking in the mirror as you typed that?

cool, glad I got a rise out of you mr.natural, mrbodygaurd sir. Oh for I will never be as big or as smart as you what a shame for me.

Wow this thread is getting ruined.

Bodygaurd you’re clearly from NJ. In other words that’s not very nice. BTW, if you’re actually lean at 275 and don’t have some sort of fucked up looking body flaws that would keep you from doing well competeting then why see if you can be the next Mr. Olympia. 275 is very large and it it’s a muscular 275 then DAMN that’s sick. I know you don’t give a fuck but I’m skeptical. I mean the worlds best bb’ers are competing around your weight and they’re walking pharmacies. Shouldn’t take that much for you to snatch the crown if you’re already 275 and natural Btw, yeah I’m just being a retarded asshole right now;)

Pain I’d agree but that’s sorta what the disclaimer is for. I could live in a shitty appartment, and that would mean I’d have to move some place further away from where I live now. Which would then mean I’d not be able to help take care of my grandmother who has severe alziehmer’s it would also mean I wouldn’t be around to help with the zillion other things I do for my family who I get along with great. I also wouldnt’ be saving up nearly as much/any money like I am. I do pay rent, have my own mailing adress, my own appartment which I actually built most of. Yeah I can see what you’re saying. If I had my own place then the conversation might have never come up. But I’m glad it did. It’s a decision I made after years and years of thought and time researching invested. I often wondered if he’d be an open minded enough person to respect it and trust me or be a jack off and go off what the media spews. I’m happy with the outcome.

So while you might not see it this way and I’m sure others won’t as well. Fact is I’m really tight with my family, we function well together and imo that’s something that doesn’t happen much anymore. By all means I could live further away from them, in fact after my grandmother passes (lord please forgive me for saying that but she is in her 80’s) then it’s likely I’ll move into the house I finished building last year and have been renting. It’s nice but it’s like 30-40 minutes from where I live now and it will be a pain in the balls to have to be back and forth.

[quote]WideGuy wrote:
Wow this thread is getting ruined.

Bodygaurd you’re clearly from NJ. In other words that’s not very nice. BTW, if you’re actually lean at 275 and don’t have some sort of fucked up looking body flaws that would keep you from doing well competeting then why see if you can be the next Mr. Olympia. 275 is very large and it it’s a muscular 275 then DAMN that’s sick. I know you don’t give a fuck but I’m skeptical. I mean the worlds best bb’ers are competing around your weight and they’re walking pharmacies. Shouldn’t take that much for you to snatch the crown if you’re already 275 and natural Btw, yeah I’m just being a retarded asshole right now;)

Pain I’d agree but that’s sorta what the disclaimer is for. I could live in a shitty appartment, and that would mean I’d have to move some place further away from where I live now. Which would then mean I’d not be able to help take care of my grandmother who has severe alziehmer’s it would also mean I wouldn’t be around to help with the zillion other things I do for my family who I get along with great. I also wouldnt’ be saving up nearly as much/any money like I am. I do pay rent, have my own mailing adress, my own appartment which I actually built most of. Yeah I can see what you’re saying. If I had my own place then the conversation might have never come up. But I’m glad it did. It’s a decision I made after years and years of thought and time researching invested. I often wondered if he’d be an open minded enough person to respect it and trust me or be a jack off and go off what the media spews. I’m happy with the outcome.

So while you might not see it this way and I’m sure others won’t as well. Fact is I’m really tight with my family, we function well together and imo that’s something that doesn’t happen much anymore. By all means I could live further away from them, in fact after my grandmother passes (lord please forgive me for saying that but she is in her 80’s) then it’s likely I’ll move into the house I finished building last year and have been renting. It’s nice but it’s like 30-40 minutes from where I live now and it will be a pain in the balls to have to be back and forth. [/quote]

You’re entitled to be skeptical…doesn’t mean very much to me. But I did thoughtfully reply to your thread. I have nothing to hide…my name is Steve Dana, and yes, I’m from NJ. I’ve competed PL at Iron Island Gym in the late 90’s with the Flynn’s Gym guys from CT. I’ve competed in PA with Terry Grimwood. I’m not big deal PL believe me, but I am 275 and no one considers me fat. I don’t consider myself “lean” but I’m certainly not pushing 20% BF. As to any career in BB to address your obvious barb, I am 6.1 with some pretty long leverages or limbs…no one looks at me and thinks 275 - they are always surprised. And finally, I have absolutely, positively, NO interest in BB. I can’t even tell you who won the last Olympia. Damn bro, I may be from NJ and I may be an asshole, but you sound like a hater. Everyone here 275 has to be lying b/c most of you guys aren’t and never will be? Damn, I got aquainted with the fact that I’d never be 7 foot when I played basketball but some of my best friends were those guys…didn’t bother me :slight_smile: What would you like as proof? A personal meeting with me, a workout together or a pic of me in my speedos? I dont’ own any but if you insist and talk nice to me, I’ll buy a pair just for you :slight_smile:

LOL, no hating here man. It’s as usual the loss of what tone I’m speaking through the 1 dimensional text of the internet. 275 and lean and less then 12% bodyfat IMO is VERY FUCKING large. Even less then 15% is very large. I don’t see how if you cut down to 255 you wouldn’t look like you could step on stage. That’s with no aas. I see you have no interest but I was kinda breaking your balls and saying that you should as you seem to be the guy who doesn’t realize how much potential he has. However, I guess you do.

For what it’s worth I don’t want to weigh 275 ever. In fact I’m pretty sure I won’t want to be any larger then 245-250. To be honest if I don’t that’s fine to. It’s not the cornerstone of my life, and as you’ve point out I make no profit off of it. Simply a lifestyle wich will change as I age, ie. you can’t be on full blast forever, but I will be on (hrt) till the end of my days. My lifting will change and more empasis will be put on flexibility work, meditation, and other things that interest me.

BTW, no thanks on the speedo offer. I went to my first and most likely last BB’ing contest awhile back. 5 minutes of guys half starved to death and dehydrated to the point of cramping, covered in oil, making faces like they’re getting corned, while basically wearing their underwear was 5 minutes too much…nonetheless 3 hours. OMFG! Kinda what I thought but for some damn reason I needed confirmation. Next time I’ll go with my gut feeling.

Mrbodyguard was kind enough to pm a link to a picture of himself in his speedos. For he is now my inspiration! thank you mr.bodyguard. 6’1" about 275 all natural and looking sexy.

[quote]strongwall wrote:
Mrbodyguard was kind enough to pm a link to a picture of himself in his speedos. For he is now my inspiration! thank you mr.bodyguard. 6’1" about 275 all natural and looking sexy.

http://www.dangerouslogic.com/images/speedo_guy.jpg[/quote]

And with that this once great thread is now killed.

Look, we are all missing the point.
Use AAS if it makes “you” feel good. Don’t use AAS if you don’t want to. The reality of it all is you do what makes you feel right. Just because you agree or disagree surely does not make you more right or wrong then the next person. We all have our reasons for what we do.

It’s the same as religion. Do what makes you feel good inside. Worship Allah, God, or even the snail on the sidewalk. If that makes you feel good then great, just leave me the hell alone if I disagree. It still does not make you or I more right or wrong.

Yes I have used AAS, I surely will again in the near future. If I live to be 120 years old would that change my idealogies on AAS? Noway, unless you have the truely “majic” 8 ball you surely can not try to predict the future because of the few who have lived beyond thier means or short of thier full potential. There are surely a lot more factors involved to make an intellectual guess surrounding AAS.

Do not say they are wrong simply because you do not agree. Say they are wrong or right because this is my experience that gives me the right to my conclusion. If you have first hand experience then please add to the discusion, if you are adding to the discusion info that is second hand or even moral hearsay then please save it for your soapbox on the corner for those sheep who are blindly lead.

Very interesting thread.

I had “the talk” many many years ago with the old man, just prior to my very first cycle. To be quite frank, even though (expectantly) he was very concerned, the fact of letting him know irrespective of his feelings on the matter was liberating to me.

Now, this was quite awhile ago (i.e. prior to my 1st cycle); there wasn’t all the hysteria going on these days about how terrible steroids are both from overblown health issues and the whole “cheating” mentality.

However because I let him know, he became casually interested in reading more about the stuff. Because he started reading more (again, at the time there wasn’t all this hoopla), he began to understand and learn more and more. Just like me.

This was important, because today in the midst of all the jazz, he actually refutes the steroid lies being broadcast through every media means possible.

If I had “hidden” my usage from him and told him today, I think it would be a different story. However, in the end, education on the subject matter will win the day. As long as the education covers a wide range of “pro” material along with the “con” material.

I really believe that the roots of my unusual disipline with regards to using very low dosages versus what is considered vogue these days can be attributed to my father’s original concern and “the talk”. One can’t just ignore the input of a loved one completely, I don’t think. So his initial reservations probably instilled in me the need for extra caution…caution that I excercise even today.

[quote]WideGuy wrote:
LOL, no hating here man. It’s as usual the loss of what tone I’m speaking through the 1 dimensional text of the internet. 275 and lean and less then 12% bodyfat IMO is VERY FUCKING large. Even less then 15% is very large. I don’t see how if you cut down to 255 you wouldn’t look like you could step on stage. That’s with no aas. I see you have no interest but I was kinda breaking your balls and saying that you should as you seem to be the guy who doesn’t realize how much potential he has. However, I guess you do.

For what it’s worth I don’t want to weigh 275 ever. In fact I’m pretty sure I won’t want to be any larger then 245-250. To be honest if I don’t that’s fine to. It’s not the cornerstone of my life, and as you’ve point out I make no profit off of it. Simply a lifestyle wich will change as I age, ie. you can’t be on full blast forever, but I will be on (hrt) till the end of my days. My lifting will change and more empasis will be put on flexibility work, meditation, and other things that interest me. [/quote]

LOL Wideguy…understood. My guess is I"m about 15% right now and I’m not happy with my body composition b/c I’ve been unable to squat for about 6 months now! due to an unknown injury to my left knee. Anyway, my immediate goal is to go down to about 240 and see how I am there…I just don’t want to lose any damn strength! EGO brother , EGO.

Steve

Wide:

As a newbie who is natural but not pure (HS swim coach supplied and assisted with injections two decades ago) I can only speak from the dad side of the house. I admire you and InCorporeSano for your attitude regarding speaking to your fathers. It speaks well of how you were raised that your father’s opinion is important to you.

As Over40 stated and you will find someday it makes no difference how old our kids are, we only want the best for them and will do whatever we think is right for their safety.

I understand completely, or as completely as one who has no children of my own yet can. That’s why I felt soo fucked up that day because in a way it seemed like he was let down, yet on the other hand I was like probably more dissapointed that he couldnt’ see past the bullshit. I even made refference to how pot was made out to be this horrible thing and films like Reefer Madness where shown to educate kids on what it could do. AAS has the same bullshit rap going for it and the same bullshit movies like Benny and the Roids to go along with it. BTW, yet another reason Ben Affleck sucks cock.

BTW, Buffed please pm me and give me some info on your cycle designs. I am pleased with ALR’s Building the perfect beast style of training as you don’t stay on any one compound for very long 1 month to 6 weeks tops, which from a logical standpoint means less time for sides to accumulate/take place.

Still I’m pretty damn sure that I’m done with using higher doses of aas like I have in the past. For what I want it’s no longer neccessary, in fact in almost everyone’s case it’s not necessary.

[quote]WideGuy wrote:
BTW, Buffed please pm me and give me some info on your cycle designs. I am pleased with ALR’s Building the perfect beast style of training as you don’t stay on any one compound for very long 1 month to 6 weeks tops, which from a logical standpoint means less time for sides to accumulate/take place.

Still I’m pretty damn sure that I’m done with using higher doses of aas like I have in the past. For what I want it’s no longer neccessary, in fact in almost everyone’s case it’s not necessary.[/quote]

PM awaiting you my friend.
I didn’t include this, but I feel I must for our T-Nation brethren: if you are going to use anabolics intelligently, you must: 1. Get regular bloodwork. It is expensive, but it is unsurpassed in helping you gauge the compounds benefit versus cost ratio; 2. Make sure you have a good PCT plan and have these compounds available; 3. You MUST get off when you plan to get off.