The Tactical Life

My state’s Fish and Game trucks use McWelco boxes in the back to secure important stuff. Limited offerings but strong. Weather Guard has nice product too. More options including across the bed, over the wheel well and floor slide-outs.

Thank you, I will check them out.

Motivational Monday : Commitment. A word that is easily said and hard to do. Whether its your family, profession, training, or whatever, nothing gets accomplished without committing to the goal.

I believe this SRO summed it up perfectly:

Your expectation of me, community member, parent or school staff member can be this: when what will inevitably be the worse day of your life unfolds, I will come running. I am bringing all of the tools, tactics and motivation that I have with me. I won’t sit outside of my school when your kids, my kids, are being hurt waiting for a bad guy to change his mind. When that day comes, if they want your kids, they will encounter the fight of a lifetime. I have been trained well and won’t go easily. I love my life. I love my wife, I love Grace, and I don’t want to die. But, if that day comes that I have to give it to send my kids, my school staff home to the people who love them, then that’s what I’ll give. I made you that promise the day that I took my oath and my mother pinned my badge on my chest. It might be a really bad day for my family, but they know that it’s my honor to do my duty and love my kids well. That’s what your expectation should be.

1 Like

@idaho

Thank you, I will check them out.

Thought for the day:

“As to the species of exercise, I advise the gun. While this gives a moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprize, and independance to the mind. Games played with the ball and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks.”

– Thomas Jefferson 1785 August 19.

@idaho I’ve been giving some thought to this recently. A while back I bought a S&W M&P9 Pro and got started in IPSC shooting (which I thoroughly enjoy). Feeling the itch for new gun.

I’ve been rucking a fair bit recently. It’s my new favorite exercise actually. I’m in a rural area with ready access to fairly extensive bushland with an ample supply of small game. Was thinking a Ruger 10/22 might make a good ‘companion of my walks’.

I’m also interested in making a foray into precision shooting, but for pure, simple, immediate enjoyment I think I may get more miles out of a squirrel gun with some halfway decent glass mounted.

I agree. When in the states, I do as muck rucking as possible, since I consider it to be an important part of conditioning. When out of the states, I will circle a compound or embassy grounds as much as possible with a heavier pack than I use in the states. A lot of people scoff at rucking, but, you cannot ruck 10 miles or more without actually doing a ruck. Yeah, you can run on a treadmill, row or bike, but, it is not the same conditioning.

I have owned a 10/22 for years, one of the best rifles made. I am thinking about retiring mine and getting one with a synthetic stock. Cannot go wrong with them and the ammo is still fairly cheap.

IPSC is one of my passions and I try to make the local shoots each year. I don’t own any "race guns, deciding to complete with my carry guns. I have two 1911’s with match barrels and trigger jobs, two Glock 34’s and I occasionally use a CZ-75. Great sport.

I also am itching to get into PRS. I have a Remington 700 in .270 that I would like to get some experience with before thinking about buying a 6.5 Creedmore or .224 Valkyrie. But, damn, the cost of those riles and especially the optics. Middle of the road Votex scopes with set you back a grand and the average cost of PRS optics are way outside my budget. Jeez.

Thought for the day: Know your weapon.

I believe, if I was a member of the security forces, I would know how my issue weapons operate. This guy was responding to a terrorist attack on an hotel. Notice how his left hand is wrapped around the slide of what appears to be a Beretta type action. Semi-auto slides don’t work well if being held in place. If you do, cut or manged fingers are on the menu for the day.

force

1 Like

Thought for the day:

“Through discipline comes freedom.”~Aristotle

Isn’t that Jocko’s mantra - Discipline Equals Freedom

That Aristotle guy should know better than to steal Jockos motto.

3 Likes

Thought for the day:

If you always put limit on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them: Bruce Lee

I bet this is the same thing that dead guy in the Instagram clip a few posts back was thinking!

@idaho

Hey there, I’ve been following your training log for a while but I’ve never commented. What are your experiences with ALICE packs and how do you think they compare with MOLLE or other load carrying systems?

I hated the ALICE packs when I had to use them. The MOLLE system is better when modified for your needs and physical build. Fortunately, I have been able to use my own gear, instead of the equipment the government issues to my agency. It is outrageously expensive, but, if you can, check out Tactical Tailor, Blue Force gear, 4Tactical, or numerous other companies on Soldier Systems Daily. SSD is currently in Vegas covering the SHOT show. Many military/LE equipment, especially carriers are being analysed.

BTW, don’t be a stranger, your comments are always welcome.

1 Like

Saturday morning: 0618. Black Rifle coffee and fresh deer tenderloin.

trouble

2JS,
Missed your comment the first time around. I had to laugh out loud, thanks, brother.

1 Like

Motivational Monday:

training

Do you want motivation? Well, guess what? A reason to act is not a zing you get from a stimulant packed pre-workout drink. It’s not something that makes you overly emotional because emotionality is a liability. Man’s primary motivation, the reason to take action, is life itself, to first survive, then to thrive. Thriving is a heightened state or quality of being; it is to grow or develop successfully; to flourish or succeed. As a human you must embody the tactical virtues and live the quest of constant and never-ending improvement (kaizen), especially in truth and morality as well as health and tactical skill. Shut out all distractions, abandon relationships that hold you back, and “LIVE LIFE AGGRESSIVELY!” To live life aggressively you need a plan; YOUR plan, and you need to execute that plan for your own success, not others. Execute aggressively!

Thought for the day: If you are going to be an asshole, perhaps you should keep up your guard.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bs1u16EHLFz/