T Nation

The Tactical Life

This looks like a great program for troops or anyone in law enforcement. What I see lacking in both these groups is conditioning. Everyone wants to lift weights, but no one wants to get the heart rate above 130.

Thought for the day:

pearl%20harbor

President Franklin D. Roosevelt to proclaim December 7, 1941, 'a date which will live in infamy" Because the attack happened without a declaration of war and without explicit warning, the attack on Pearl Harbor was later judged in the Tokyo Trials to be a war crime

PNG

2,403 Americans were killed and 1,178 others were wounded.

For those wishing to learn the sacrifices of Americans during WW2, this an excellent source:

The Greatest Generation is a book by journalist Tom Brokaw that profiles those who grew up in the United States during the deprivation of the Great Depression, and then went on to fight in World War II, as well as those whose productivity within the war’s home front made a decisive material contribution to the war effort.

Brokaw profiles those who came of age during World War II in the US, stemming from his attendance at the D-Day 40th anniversary celebrations. In the book, Brokaw wrote,it is, I believe, the greatest generation any society has ever produced. He argued that these men and women fought not for fame and recognition, but because it was the right thing to do.

https://books.google.com/books/about/The_Greatest_Generation.html?id=YHd-AMoLJgEC&printsec=frontcover&source=kp_read_button#v=onepage&q&f=false

On a personal note: Each September a small town in Western Tennessee, ( Linden), has a WW2 reenactment where the small town is transformed into a WW2 European village and the towns residents hold a parade with period vehicles, a mock battles, authentic weapons and uniforms, and a ceremony to honor those vets still living. Check out Linden, Tennessee on You Tube.

IMHO: It was the greatest generation. I really believe if the Chinese Navy sailed into Manhattan, Americans would pick up their cell phones for selfies instead of a rifle.

I do agree with you, to a point. On the officer side of the military it’s a lot of cardio/runner/endurance fanatics that I tend to encounter when it comes to introducing the value of good strength training.

Oh yes, I’m familiar with the running and cycling fanatics in the officer ranks.

I was talking more on the lines of metcon work.

Sometimes I have the opportunity to lead all ranks PT. This is when I like the break out things like The Murph (a modified version to get it approved). Runners and weightlifters always complain about it. The more advanced they are in their corner, the more bitching there is.