T Nation

The Tactical Life

Thought for the day:

We all live our lives by a Code of Conduct. What is yours? What values do you uphold? What guides you when making tough calls? How do you stay the best version of yourself? How do you keep yourself ready?

When they were boys, Alexander (the Great) and his friends were forced to bathe in cold rivers, run barefoot, ride all day without food and water and endure whippings and humiliations. On the rare occasions when they got to rest, their trainers would remind them:

´While you lie here at ease, the sons of Persia are training to defeat you in battle.´

Always be ready!

Thought for the day: When I was doing PSD work for the State Department, we carried something similar to this in our vehicles, However, that was in hostile areas and we were not worried about theft.

I like the idea, but, it seems to me that you park your vehicle in Walmart shopping center, you are just asking for someone to smash out a window, or, maybe I am just off base here.

bag

For a while now, I’ve kept a backpack in the back of my Jeep in case I came across somebody in need of help or assistance, or for some reason, I had to leave my vehicle, I was prepared. I also carried a medical kit inside the backpack as well as inside my center console for quick access. I’m a minimalist when it comes to gear, packing and traveling so I’ve always got my eye out for new improved gear for just that reason. Last month I took a quick look at the Fieldcraft Survival GO-LITE Panel Pack. It allows you to have quick access to emergency items strapped to the rear of one of your vehicle’s front seats. They take it a step further though and give you the ability to transform the panel into a backpack/go bag in the event you need to leave your vehicle and go on foot. I was able to get my hands on one of these new Panel Packs and replace my traditional emergency pack.

Motivational Monday:

kill

Tactical Tuesday: Food for tactical thought

Thought for the day: Something for Boatguy

Thought for the day: Following up from yesterday, more food for tactical thought and well worth listening too, especially if you have spent time in an hostile environment.

Thought for the day: Consider carrying a tourniquet in your everyday routine, it may save a life.

“I saw the cop, he was taking cover beside the vehicle and he said, ‘Stay back,’ but he was shot,” Sayles said. “I ran over to him, took my shirt off, my tank top first, and wrapped it around his hand. But, he was still bleeding so profusely that I took my other shirt off and wrapped it around his hand and then, I took my belt off and wrapped it around his wrist.”

I’d say a couple of chest seals aren’t a bad idea either.

Thought for the day:

Cpyone

On October 31, 2017, an Islamist terrorist drove a rented pickup truck into cyclists and runners for about one mile of the Hudson River Park’s bike path in Lower Manhattan, New York City. The vehicle ramming attack killed eight people and injured eleven others. After crashing the truck into a school bus, the driver exited, apparently wielding two guns (later found to be a paintball gun and a pellet gun). He was shot in the abdomen by a policeman and arrested.

How often have you been walking in a city street looking into your phone or distracted? How prepared do you feel for unforeseen events or even a terrorist attack like this one in NYC?