The Tactical Life

Thought for the day:

2 Likes

*Thought for the day:

red 2

Thought for the day:

Without situational awareness, you’re always going to be reactive. So, if something goes down in front of you that you are unaware of, your reaction times are going to be significantly decreased because you were not cognizant of your surroundings.

“In a violent situation, not only seconds count, but milliseconds count. So, if you want to give yourself the best opportunity to survive a violent encounter, you have to have the situational awareness piece in place first.”

Thought for the day:

June 6, 1944:

Thought for the day:

We better think about where this country is going, how accepting of lying we have become, and what it means to the soul of our nation, our children, our grandchildren, and the world. We are going to suffer the consequences one way or another. Tolerating habitual lying by your political leaders, military leaders, business leaders, educational leaders, justice leaders, medical professionals, and religious leaders is like participating in the lying itself. By ignoring immoral behavior, you have no one to blame but yourself when you get the government you deserve, not the one you need. Lying is stealing from someone. It is equivalent to theft. Telling people lies and stealing the truth is worse than robbing them at gunpoint. Why? Because the person being robbed at gunpoint knows he is being stolen from.

When someone you are supposed to trust lies to you, you are unaware they have stolen the truth from you.

2 Likes

Thought for the day:

red 2

1 Like

Thought for the day:

Not an endorsement, just information:

Thought for the day:

Thought for the day:

Thought for the day:

red 2

1 Like

Thought for the day:

“People will be considered hard targets when they appear aware of their surroundings, carry themselves with confidence, and look like they could handle themselves in a fight,” says Quesenberry.

“If you’re out and about, always keep your head up and look around often. Don’t look down at your phone, and don’t wear headphones or earplugs. That’s a sure way to cut yourself off from your surroundings.”

Thought for the day:

If you enjoy clips of knockouts, this is for you:

Given someone had the time and inclination this would be well worth their price IMO

Hello Gentleman (and any ladies)!

I would love to share what is in my world some great news :slight_smile:

I had a military injury that caused chronic intractable severe pain (RSD-Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy) since 1991.
Miracle, literally, on May 15, it was healed while I was at a prayer group.

See this post here on t-nation

1 Like

For reference, Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy is another term for chronic regional pain syndrome. Considered to perhaps be the most painful condition out there. Mcgill pain scale ranks it as being consistently worse than childbirth in terms of how painful it is (all the time). Considered to be worse than having a finger or hand chopped off in terms of pain severity… all the time…

Thankfully it goes away… for 30% of the people who wind up acquiring it. 2-3% of cases are relapsing-remitting. It truly is hell on earth to go through that sort of thing.

Whatever the reason, I’m glad @s_afsoc has been relieved of this burden. Wow… I didn’t realize RSD was the same condition as CRPS! If I recall correctly it was a combat injury?

If what I recall stems true, I hope you were compensated for this… the government ought to be paying your bills for the rest of your LIFE! No one should EVER have to suffer in the manner CRPS patients suffer! It’s truly a degree of pain most of us (including myself, and I have a condition that is known to be very painful) could only fathom… Even if you’ve been shot or stabbed or woken up after surgeons have drilled into you… imagine being in pain like that 24/7 for YEARS!

Onwards and upwards, I commend you for having the courage to have toughed this out. God knows I wouldn’t have been able to do it…

CRPS (reflex sympathetic dystrophy) on pain scale

The evaluator of how bad the RSD was is spot on accurate indeed. It hurt like hell.
Let me ask, in the cases where it stops, does it usually do That in a matter of minutes, like going from level 5 pain to 1 within an hour never to return?
I ask because I know I’ll face this where folks will wish to explain what has happened scientifically. I personally do not believe that I’d possible but I desire to know these things :slight_smile:
And thanks for not just up and saying “BS, I think it just went away on its own.”
After, let’s see it was 32 years, 8 months, and 16 days, one hour.
Why do I know that? I know because as it’s so well illustrated here, it hurt that effin bad .
A’s for compensation, they retired me and yes I get paid :slight_smile: Good point and thanks for not arguing against that as some would.
And u know, I damn well knew it hurt like hell but until seeing this post wouldn’t have known how it compared to these others. Doctors tried meds for fibromyalgia and epilepsy among others, and I know that one hurts bad.
But hey listen, I didn’t share in order to attempt proselytizing here but to express my relief, excitement and joy for being released from the pain that totally altered the course of my life.
Everyone can of course believe as they wish regarding how it happened. I know that we prayed for it at least once monthly for 2.3 years that the pain simply decrease and me be able to bear it. Then the very first time I ask prayer to actually heal it-boom!
I’ve zero doubts myself and everyone can think as they wish but I will forever hold that it was a classic miracle resultant of prayers.
But hey let’s think about all the things I’m doing that I wasn’t able to prior to this. I’m tearing out a wall to restore a loft bedroom. I can open jars like I could 33 years ago.
I can clap my hands, run water on the one without pain, shake hands with the near bond crushing grip I had in ‘91. It’s ALL back and I am soooo happy!

Let me give an analogy to help those who will pay attention and think about it a moment.
Imagine that you have a piece of metal the diameter of a Coke can that’s just heating up to a temp that is too warm to touch. Put your hand on it, stack about 300 lbs on it then have the weight mechanically compress your hand while the burner is getting ever hotter, then after fifteen minutes you get loose.
That’s the burn you got and it goes halfway through the bones in your hand where there’s the highest concentration of them,
That nerve damage then made it often feel as if there was, let’s say a red hot 2D finishing nail randomly jammed through your palm, and it’d bad enough at times to startle u in the day and to wake you up in tears at night, often in the middle of PTSD nightmares.
Take that daily then multiply by 32 years, no successful pain treatment found. They can only decrease it from “Oh it’s going to kill me” To “God it hurts,” never to “it feels fine.” Never. Then as a result I couldn’t use it to live my life.

I essentially gave use of my (dominant) right hand in service to America. But, the pain being gone has given me back the use. I can’t describe the excitement this causes other than to say I’ve not been this happy since my kids were born.
And my hand, well it’s better than since 7/29/91 after a B-52G Pilot Ejection Seat vertical actuator cooked it half through til it looked like a fresh cooked chicken breast.

Know what other pain it caused? Administrative pain cause dealing with a line-of-duty injury leading to military retirement due to severity is a paperwork nightmare.
Then all the times since a doc would look at me as if I was a pill seeker when I was the small percentage of folks on opioid pain medicine who had a justifiable and verifiable medical condition that warranted the stuff. Traversing that was awful.

It’s over. I’m better in free from it I’m happy with all that again life is wonderful. And I believe I had a “Praise Jesus miracle” , and that it will hold up to medical scrutiny as such :slight_smile:
Those whom I tell, just be happy for me I want nothing from you, or your eternal soul :slight_smile:
And that said, God bless !

~S~
It went from being this unable:

to this able:

I’m pretty damn happy.

I won’t try to detail things but it doesn’t end with the physical. The mental toll from RSD was and still can be devastating. Enough said.

Ya all take care and be as good as you can stand to be! - I know it isn’t always fun.

Maybe sometime we’ll explore the mental toughness required for me to have survived this all.
Adios

3 Likes

I wish you all the best. You have been through enough. Stay Strong, brother.

3 Likes

*Thought for the day:

Learn from this, it has become very common in the metro area near me.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ctu8iguJO1p/?hl=en

@Idaho - Thank you sir!
This battle is won, no casualties, objective achieved. :slight_smile:
Really though dude, thank you.

That’s actually pretty dang smooth. Sad but it it’s clearly effective…

GOT A QUESTION:

How does everyone in this thread deal with panhandlers?
It was recommended to me that I ignore them while making distance and staying aware.

My problem is my mouth. If another person is addressing me, I almost have to reply. Whether it is “here’s a dollar” or “get away from me.”

There’s multiple theories on it.
One includes the hands in front palms out yelling “Stop!” To not only issue the challenge that you’re not on with it to letting others know something is wrong.
I suppose in the end there’s no boilerplate response for it due to all the variables so I’ll rephrase:

What’s the FIRST thing you try when dealing with panhandlers?

Thx