The Tactical Life

Thanks, I will do some research. Securing any weapon in a vehicle is a frustrating pain in the ass.

Thought for the day:

This has nothing to do with this thread, but, it simply too good to pass up:

“The rat poison you put out there this week was yummy.” - Nick Saban

Thought for the day

December 07, 1941: The attack on Pearl Harbor. Never, ever, forget.

pearl

While time has healed many wounds and forged new alliances, I will not forget what that day, 80 years ago means to my nation. It is a mark in time that will forever be etched in history.

Please join me in honoring the 2402 Americans who were lost on that day, along with the hundreds more, who were wounded during the attack. They suffered the opening salvo of a war that would engulf nations around the globe in conflict.

Thought for the day:

I am posting this dry article just to point out, that you and only you are responsible for your safety. Be aware, train and most of all, make smart decisions.

Thoughts for the day::

Techniques- these are methods of accomplishing simple or basic actions. They are developed independently, on a micro level as the most efficient or effective method of executing a simple (single) task.

Tactic(s)- an approach to a complex and often dynamic problem using the implementation of a specific set of techniques, allowing an individual or group to have a high likelihood of success while remaining within the principles of an established doctrine.

Principles- fundamental laws, doctrine, or assumption, also known as specific and/or broad doctrinal rules that always apply, and do not change with the situation. These principles can be accomplished with various techniques, tactics or assets given different factors . Examples are 360 degree security, and over-watch.

Unbelievable:

A secularist non-profit organization that strongly urges separation of church and state in America is taking issue with Wreaths Across America’s nearly 30-year tradition of placing wreaths on thousands of military graves.

The Military Religious Freedom Foundation (MRFF) is calling out Wreaths Across America, telling the Colorado Springs Gazette that the organization’s actions in placing wreaths on military gravesites around the country are “unconstitutional, an atrocity and a disgrace.”

We have no problem if people reach out and want a wreath on their deceased veterans’ graves, but to put them everywhere, to blanket them without permission of the surviving families is unconstitutional, an atrocity and a disgrace," MRFF Founder Mikey Weinstein said, according to the Gazette.

MRFF Senior Research Director Chris Rodda described the tradition of wreath-laying as the “desecration of non-Christians veterans’ graves” in a November opinion piece.

The gravesites of Christians and non-Christians alike will be adorned with this hijacked-from-paganism symbol of Christianity — circular and made of evergreen to symbolize everlasting life through Jesus Christ — whether the families of the deceased veterans like it or not," Rodda wrote.

red

**Thought for the day

“Cover the earth before it covers you”
Dagobert Runes

**Thought for the day:

avoiding a fight

I could take my trash out to the dumpster at night while armed, but instead, I take it out in broad daylight, when lots of my neighbors are around. I’m well trained, but the greatest weapon I have is my mind. Self defense starts with making smart decisions and never taking my safety for granted.

Wisdom.

3 Likes

I read an interview with Blauer and his thoughts on how to avoid the fight stuck with me. He gives an interesting perspective on violence, or rather the use of violence, to avoid the fight.

Yes, I agree. I have only attended two of his seminars as a representative of my agency. I found the instruction to be thoughtful and practical. He has his critics thou, claiming he is a fraud. Don’t see it myself. Anyone who has been around as long he has, it would have shown up by now.

Some more from the coach:

violence

This model is like a blueprint that helps people understand that there is much more to navigating violence than learning how to strike or block.

As you can see there’s a lot more going on besides the punch, kick, block, etc. This is not to say that developing an effective physical arsenal isn’t important, but in our crazy litigious world, the smartest thing you can do is also the safest thing you can do and that is to avoid and de-escalate. Only if push comes to shove should you defend yourself remembering of course, that force must parallel danger.

Thought for the day:

BE AWARE OF YOUR SURROUNDINGS AND FOCUS ON STAYING OUT OF POTENTIAL AMBUSH LOCATIONS … IT’S A LOT EASIER THAN TRYING TO FIGHT YOUR WAY OUT OF ONE.

What would be your reaction here?

Thought for the day:

red

Thought for the day:

If the lady in your life is into shooting or thinking about starting, this is a good place to start.

The Shoot Like a Girl 2022 Tour will be from Sea to Shining Sea, hitting the road in early 2022.

Like years past, the Shoot like a Girl 2022 Tour will bring its mobile range to various locations “from sea to shining sea.” Of course, the events are focused on educating women and their families about the importance of safe gun handling skills and firearms safety. Furthermore, the mobile range, housed in a semi-trailer, offers the opportunity to go hands-on and actually fire handguns, long guns, and bow and arrows.

## Shoot Like a Girl 2022 Tour Dates

** January 6 – 9: Dallas Safari Club Expo – Dallas, TX*
** January 17: NSSF – Range Day – Boulder City, NV (Restricted Attendance)*
** February 5 – 6: Cabela’s – Fort Worth, TX*
** February 17 – 20: National Wild Turkey Federation Convention- Nashville, TN*
** March 5 – 6: Bass Pro Shops – Spanish Fort, AL*
** March 19 – 20: Bass Pro Shops – Bossier City, LA*
** April 2 – 3: Bass Pro Shops – Little Rock, AR*
** April 23 – 24: Bass Pro Shops – Olathe, KS*
** May 14 – 15: Cabela’s – Grand Junction, CO*
** June 4 – 5: Bass Pro Shops – Reno, NV*
** June 25 – 26: Cabela’s – Springfield, OR*
** July 9 – 10: Cabela’s – Tulalip, WA*
** July 21 – 24: Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Mountain Festival- Park City, UT*
** August 6 – 7: Bass Pro Shops – Auburn Hills, MI*
** August 20 – 21: Cabela’s – Columbus, OH*
** September 3 – 4: Cabela’s – Hamburg, PA*
** September 15 – 18: Bristol Motor Speedway – NASCAR Event*
** October 1 – 2: Bass Pro Shops – Morgantown, WV*
** October 15 – 16: Cabela’s – Round Rock, TX*
** November 5 – 6: Cabela’s – Glendale, AZ*

#### What to Expect at an Event

At the Shoot Like a Girl 2022 Tour, women ages 16 and older get the opportunity to shoot inside Shoot Like A Girl’s semi-tractor trailer mobile range. Also, attendees gain experience in handling and shooting handguns, long guns and compound bows using state-of-the-art technology. Specifically, when inside the mobile range, women experience a revolutionary introduction process, called the Test Shots™ and Test Flights™ by Certified National Rifle Association instructors and archery coaches. Onsite, at the Shoot Like A Girl Gun Counter, people can also compare a variety of firearms including revolvers, semi-automatic pistols, shotguns, and rifles from Shoot Like A Girl’s firearms partners. Additionally, new and experienced shooters are invited to attend.

1 Like

**Thought for the day

My opponent is my teacher, my ego is my enemy."

The essential thing is to bear always in mind that trouble can appear at any time.
Be aware.Be ready.Be alert.

Thought for the day:

Well, I believe I have been exposed to all these gym diseases . How about you?

One more, though I don’t have a name for it: The person who has some sort of music with offensive lyrics blasting in his ear buds, and feels the need to sing it out loud for the other gym patrons. Nothing like being in the middle of a set and hearing some douche start screaming “Motherfuckin’ bitches be suckin’ this dick fuck yeah” and the like. Usually some white-as-paste kid who thinks he’s gangsta because he listens to rap and wears his cap backward but who would get his ass beat if he showed up in the hood.

I have also experienced that type of dickhead and you correct, they are usually white males. The most annoying gym asshole to me, is the one that sets up a bench or machine for work and then proceeds to sit on it and stare at his phone for 20 minutes. selfish pricks.

Thought for the day:

Christmas Eve: fathers, mothers, sisters and brothers are out there now. They are not home for Christmas.

red

1 Like

Thought for the day:

Marry Christmas to all.

christmas

Thought for today:

The new year is here, start planning your training. If you don’t train in combatives, start now

Mieux vaut tard que jamais” which means “Late is worth more than never.”

**Thought for the day

Tried this yesterday, got a little smoke, but, so far batting zero.

bowdrill