The Tactical Life

**Thought for the day

The Marine Corps’ 246th birthday

America owes you a debt that will never be fully repaid. Respect.

1 Like

^^^ My dad will be 88 in 2 weeks. Korea vet and still a Marine.

2 Likes

Damn tough Marine. Respect.

Thought for the day:

Freedom isn’t free and requires a tremendous cost. IMHO, a concept that has been lost on most Americans.

vetrans day

1 Like

I saw this this morning and thought of your father:)))))

Here’s to a tough, dirty life with maybe death in a ditch.

Where the drinking is hard on kidneys and the girls can lead to an itch.

Here’s to a farmer’s tan, bad haircuts and never getting rich, and to all the bad chow that made us bitch.

So work hard, play late, fight to the death for your sisters and brothers, and don’t give a shit that you have different mothers.

Here’s to the life that we won’t trade for gold, because being a Marine will never get old.

To glory, courage, loyalty and honor and if you ever fall off her, get right the Fuck back on her!

I will pass this on. He will get a kick out of it.

BTW - l finally got around to putting in that 1300’ water line.
He did a good job of staying out of the way when it was time to push a shovel, but was overly available for command functions - if you catch my drift. :grin:

Thought for the day:

Outthink them and outmaneuver them before you have to outfight them. At that point, the fight is all but won.

red.PNG

Thought for the day: Wisdom from the past:

“BE PREPARED, which means, you are always in a state of readiness in mind and body to do your DUTY;

Be Prepared in Mind by having disciplined yourself and also by having thought out beforehand any accident or situation that might occur, so that you know the right thing to do at the right moment, and are willing to do it.

Be Prepared in Body by making yourself strong and active and able to do the right thing at the right moment, and do it.

— Lieut. Gen. Baden Powell C.B., Scouting for Boys (1908), “Camp Fire Yarn.—No. 4. Scout Law.” (Part I, p. 48)

Thought for the day:

Something that came up yesterday: If some crazy tries to take your baby out of a grocery cart seat, don’t just start screaming and waiting on someone to respond. Attack, you are the one responsible.

NO AWARENESS- NO CHANCE”

We are all responsible for our own self preservation. We must be able to defend those we love without depending on the hope that calling 911 is the answer. Hope is not a plan and waiting for someone else is not an action.

Damn good post.
I call social media, eg FB, IG, Twitter etc., anti-social media bc, it seems to have replaced proper face to face interaction. Regardless of how rough a playground may be, there’s many life lessons learned on them…like how to avoid a black eye…naw, when I was young and an Atari 1200xl with 64k memory was the hot machine, social media didn’t exist. U could dial up to compuserve at 3600bauds per second at $3/minute.
So, although most of my free time from age 7-15 was spent in the woods, I did learn old School, school yard rules/social survival skills that I think would decrease the rate of candy asses entering society, were every young child not exposed to the online world quite as much.
But parents don’t want their kids left out, so soon as (x) at school gets an iPhone, so does that parents kid.
Hell, I trained my son he came out fine even being on the autistic spectrum. Tge younger child had all the online/computer stuff and at age 25 I think she’s purely lost her damn mind. I blame myself for giving her too free a rein with tech…

Candy ass, at the rate things are going, is a descriptive phrase at risk for some “woke” aholes to “cancel,” then charge us for the Fn safe space some wuss ran to when they heard it.

The world is crazy.

Thought for the day:

"Most of the world doesn’t want to learn self-defense because that means they need to accept and then take responsibility for their physical safety and that’s scary.

What most of the world wants is to never be near a situation where they might have to defend themselves

I get that. But here’s the problem:

The bad-guy, the predator, doesn’t care

Not only does he not care, but he smells fear and looks for complacency

*Not learning to protect your self compounds the problem and not learning how to manage

violence means you’re less inclined to spot it early.

Invest in your safety"

red

Thought for the day:

Most of you on this thread probably know this already, but, maybe you have a family member or a friend who has limited knowledge. BTW, inform them what a porch pirate is , since the holiday season is cranking up.

Thought for the day:

Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.” Sun Tzu

Thought for the day:

Reading the tea leaves here, I suspect the next national self-defense trial will result from these violent mob crimes. A crow bar is a deadly weapon, period. I have been to many homicide scenes where someone has been beaten to death with a blunt instrument. Eventually, either a store owner or a citizen legally carrying is going shoot someone swinging a crowbar or hammer.

My advice is for you is avoid these retailers until after the holidays, however, it will not be long before retailers like Walmart will be targeted. Decide now, if you happened to caught in the middle of this brazen violent crime, what you are going to do to protect yourself and your family. The best strategy is find the exits immediately entering a store and run like hell if something occurs while shopping .You do not want to be a media poster boy in the first shooting

Have a plan if you and your family are shopping in malls this year.

Thought for the day: From Rich Graham.

My thoughts on training… move fast, generate power and have endurance to fight. What ever your body ends up looking like so be it. Focus on the purpose.

1 Like

I’ve long since passed this point. Which is part of the reason my weight room focus is on squats, cleans, and snatches (that is, training like an O-lifter). My goal is to build size and strength and to be able to use them very quickly while on my feet, which is kind of what O-lifting is about. It’s not a recipe for a beach body, but so be it. I throw in some cardio as well for endurance.

**Thought for the day

Even thou its only a week, its step in the right direction.

Thought for the day:

How many times do we hear in the media “I can’t believe they shot him?! He only had a knife.”

Knives are unrestricted in access and always will be.

This is how effective edged weapons are.

Reactionary gaps are the place where ambushes are most effectively used and killing with edged weapons is done. At short range, surprise, speed and violence of action along with dedicated intent is the greatest asset even when coupled with only a modicum of skill.

**Thought for the day

The metro area I live closest to has had about 6 home invasions in the last two weeks. One which took place in a “safe neighborhood” resulting in an elderly couple being severely beaten. I would suggest you read this article and examine your own abode for weak points and formulate a plan in case you are ever attacked.

red

@idaho Seeing those hidden weapon vaults reminded me of something you were trying to remedy a couple of years back, a storage locker for a pickup long gun.

I happen to come across a review of a slide out carrier that accessed through the rear tail light. I think it was made in Switzerland. It was a clever means of storage and transport, hidden in plain sight. Obviously poor immediate accessibility

Unfortunately, l never could figure out how to link the item to share with you.
Maybe you can surf for it, on one of those lonely nights when your lady friend is watching a This is Us marathon. lol

Similar but pricey concept