The Tactical Life

I’m not sure if we have more candy asses or if they just became more visible. Social media certainly has increased their presence but also has effected this group’s perceptions of their place in the world. We may be seeing more of this personality because they believe the real world is just as ‘safe’ as the online one. A world where they can say anything without consequence and people ‘HAVE’ to accept them. Perhaps this is why we encounter these creatures in areas/activities they previously would not have dared into.

Of course, the comfort zone that has been created or made visible may have seduced a larger portion of the middle of the bell curve to go towards stagnation/regression and comfort versus pushing through discomfort towards self improvement and growth. Which would mean there are more candy asses.

Last comment on the candy assess:

Petersen, born and raised in Boise, would go to the Towne Square shopping mall every Black Friday and can recount memories of meeting new friends there.

“I don’t think I’ll ever step foot in that mall again,” she said.

“Which gunshot did I hear that killed somebody?” Petersen asked. “I’m going to have to live with that for the rest of my life.”

Your going to have to live with the “sound of gunshot”? Really, you heard something while the other person died? Tragic.

Thought for the day:

The tactical world is not immune to unscrupulous scammers.

lidten

Experience where present is the prism through which we view all things in life. Be guarded of those who lack it and teach what they’ve not done.

Not sure this is about “candy asses” per se; maybe more about people who know nothing about the reality of self-defense trying to regulate what people who actually must defend themselves are allowed to do. I remember Joe Biden saying he didn’t understand why police can’t just shoot people in the leg instead of shooting to kill. Sadly, a lot of people I know didn’t even understand why this was a profoundly stupid statement. Remember, folks, people like this may be working in your local DA’s office, or sitting on a jury that judges you if you get charged after having to defend yourself. You can’t assume that they know ANYTHING about self-defense, yet they may be the ones who hold your future liberty in their hands. As Marc MacYoung points out, you must be prepared to explain explicitly and in the most basic terms why you did what you did and why you couldn’t have done something else, even if it seems obvious to you.

That’s interesting. There’s a guy on my local community Facebook page offering up handgun and tactical training. He claims to be affiliated with a letter agency (FBI) and something to do with witness protection.

So how would you vet somebody who claims these things?

Based on experience, I would be wary of anyone seeking students on FaceBook. He may be legit, but all the pros I know have established companies and websites. I would contact him and ask for a past training schedule and a list of references. Find out where he teaches: an outdoor range? indoor range? basic or advanced level of instruction? What does he cost? What do you get for it? If he cannot provide basic information, be warned.

Exactly, knowing how to articulate what action you took is key to court room survival.

Leaving aside what will likely not take place to Alec Baldwin for another thread - his incident is a great reminder to follow gun safety protocol 100% of the time.

Treat ‘unloaded’ as chambered until you check yourself, trigger and muzzle discipline.

1 Like

Absolute. Once you have control of a firearm, you are responsible for everything.

Thought for the day:

Good information on less lethal options.

WARNING: check your state laws, especially if you live in the Northeast.

Ok folks, just one more take on the “candy ass” comment because this is just too fun to read. You may have heard about this fellow from Oberlin, one of the most expensive (and woke) private colleges in the country, who was traumatized by “cisgendered” men coming to work on the radiator in his dorm room. For more entertainment, check out the comments section of the article. To say the least, his “trauma” did not meet with much sympathy, so maybe there is hope for the country yet.

I read the articles and was going to post it on the stupid thread but had to leave for work. unreal. You ever wonder how these people are created? Can they even function to take a shower or learn how to drive? The term sheeple comes to mind.

Thought for the day

burger

It’s Friday. Wear a little for those deployed

red

2 Likes

the crack head wont pull guard but Glover will can opener anyone

Thought for the day:

Normalcy Bias Can Make You Lose a Fight Before It Starts

Despite the headlines saturating every media outlet in the country, the United States is (statistically speaking) an overwhelmingly safe place to live. Regardless of our ever-present concerns about violent crime, mass shootings, and terror attacks, the likelihood that you’ll find yourself faced with a violent end is far lower than you’ll find throughout much of the world… and as a result, Americans are at a disadvantage when it comes to cultivating a high level of situational awareness.

Instead, Americans tend to develop what’s called a normalcy bias. Put simply, normalcy bias is our natural inclination to shrug away concerns about potential threats, because we’ve developed a deep-seated sense of what’s normal.

Our minds are evolutionary hard-wired to assess and prioritize risks, and after decades of living in a world where you’ve never faced an active shooter or a terror attack, our brains tend to file those potential threats way in the back, after more pressing concerns like crashing our cars or falling down the stairs. The sheer unlikelihood that we could find ourselves in the middle of a fight for our lives just tends to make us ignore those fights until they’ve already landed right in our laps.

Normalcy bias manifests as a delay in our processing of what’s going on around us, as we hush away our gut instincts and dismiss our seemingly “unfounded” concerns as paranoia. In a nutshell, it’s our way of clinging to reality as we’ve come to know it through a lifetime of nervous twinges that we’ve ignored, followed by confirmations that we were safe. Those times you hesitated before dragging your trash can through the dark alley behind your house growing up helped you to overcome a fear of the dark, but also helped to establish a bias toward dismissing your concerns about what could be a threat.

Fortunately, there’s a simple way to overcome the mental inhibitors of normalcy bias: simply practice maintaining an objective mindset when it comes to threats. When you catch yourself dismissing concerns about a bulge in the waistband of the rowdy drunk at the bar or the chances something dangerous could be waiting for you at the other end of a dark alley, stop and put some real thought into your situation instead of allowing normalcy bias to silence the warning bells in your head.

2 Likes

Thought for the day

blauer

If you are a legal gun owner, pay attention to this future ruling:

**Thought for the day

Persistence, perspiration and patience … they’re not always fun but they always get you to the top of that steep ridgeline.

In any endeavor of consequence … the hard work is on the front end and the rewards are all the way at the back end.

“I will persist until I succeed.

I was not delivered unto this world in defeat, nor does failure course in my veins. I am not a sheep waiting to be prodded by my shepherd. I am a lion and I refuse to talk, to walk, to sleep with the sheep. I will hear not those who weep and complain, for their disease is contagious. Let them join the sheep. The slaughterhouse of failure is not my destiny.

I will persist until I succeed.

The prizes of life are at the end of each journey, not near the beginning; and it is not given to me to know how many steps are necessary in order to reach my goal. Failure I may still encounter at the thousandth step, yet success hides behind the next bend in the road. Never will I know how close it lies unless I turn the corner.

Always will I take another step. If that is of no avail I will take another, and yet another. In truth, one step at a time is not too difficult.”

Mandino

Thought for the day:

It’s Friday, remember those deployed.

red

Thought for the day:

“We must remember that we are always on the back foot in any incident, we are always reacting to someone else’s pre planned attack, and therefore our only advantage is skill and knowledge so it must be of a level where it evens the playing field”

**Thought for the day

I don’t know how many times I have read something similar to this statement. Don’t fall into the trap that nothing will ever happen to you. Violence doesn’t care who you are or where you live. Be aware of everything you possibility can.

Neighbors seemed stunned by what had happened.

“This is just beyond anything we ever imagined happening out here,” said Brandi Harvey, who lives around the corner from the home. “It’s a quiet neighborhood, a quiet area. We’ve never had anything like this happen.”