T Nation

The Tactical Life

Thought for the day:

***Train like the best, or die with the rest.

Yes, a little stark, I know, but, we don’t live in a naïve bubble on this thread.

Sincere wishes to you and your family on this Thanksgiving week. Just be aware and safe as you can.

2 Likes

This is a great video. We have air soft and pellet guns. A lot cheaper to run and practice mechanics , your draw, etc especially since live ammo is hard to find. Like toilet paper again…

It doesn’t replace live fire but is a good alternative.

In re: to nothing.
Older now, 51 , and shit is breaking down still of course. Should make my username InjuredMan. Thought id stop by, read a while, and say hi. Hope everyone has a happy Christmas season.

VA Fn with me. After 20 years of not working, they clIm I can and have, which is a huge error costing me $1300/mo now. Ill get em lined out but man they piss me off!!!

Recently got a diagnosis for spinal stenosis, after a shit ton of imaging. See a neurologist next week to get help with my quads going very weak very fast. I expect script for PT, WILL learn how to rehab them, and be ok by June.

Since last here, have acquired a Sig P365XL, and a S&W J frame Airweight. They both have their uses. Still prefer a 1911!

Ya all take care

It is certainly good to hear from you and totally understand the VA frustrations. Best of luck with the neurologist and the treatment. Don’t be a stranger, brother.

Thought for the day:

THESE are the times that try men’s souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as FREEDOM should not be highly rated”

Thomas Paine

For those of you who have been deployed into war zones, what were the best packages you received from friends and family? Not talking cards from your kids, or mushy stuff- more like cigars, rc cars… More “Boys toys” etc.

1 Like

Decent protein bars and supplements. The stuff they have in the field kitchens, FOB’s , DEFAC’S and PX’s are usually total crap, decent razors, quality socks, tee shirts. If you happen to be stuck on a NATO base, any personal hygiene supplies would be grateful, since the PX’s are always short due to the number of troops.

Thought for the day:

It is easy in the world to live after the world’s opinion; it is easy in solitude to live after your own; but the great man is he who in the midst of the crowd keeps the perfect sweetness and independence of solitude.” Ralph Waldo Emerson

A new training tool you may be interested in:

strike.PNG

Thought for the day:

"What’s the hack? How do you become stronger, smarter, faster, healthier? How do you become better? How do you achieve true freedom? There is only one way…The way of discipline."

I don’t think anyone who scans this thread needs to be told to be aware of their environment for violent attacks, but, you probably need to make friends and family aware of predators like this:

My God, we’re scared," Amos Frederick, 37, said Wednesday as he walked through the complex. “All of us stay indoors except during the day. If someone is just walking to their car, we watch out for them."

I am glad you are watching out for your neighbors, but, you have the right to self defense, so think about using it.

Nathan Lumunye, 24, works nights at a home improvement store.

“I have to go to work," he said. “So I make sure I leave the house earlier and keep an eye out."

As we all should keep “an eye out”.

Personally, I despise predator’s like this. Coward attacks, leaving some people scarred physically and emotionally. Hopefully, someone will LEGALLY blow this cretin’s brains out.

Authorities are offering a $5,000 reward to find the person, or persons, responsible for a string of violent attacks on the streets of Waltham, Massachusetts.

At least 10 men have been attacked by a blunt force object since Nov. 10, including a man out for an evening stroll, another who was taking the trash out and a Postal Service worker who was delivering mail, according to the Waltham Police Department.

Thought for the day:

Virtutem in Pugna.

carries.PNG

*𝐃𝐨𝐧’𝐭 𝐚𝐬𝐤 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐚 𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐥𝐨𝐚𝐝, 𝐛𝐮𝐢𝐥𝐝 𝐚 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤. *

Odd object carries are a part of almost every workout. They perfectly represent the real world strength demands of combat and do not discriminate. You can either move it or you can’t. Train hard to ensure you CAN when the time comes.

Loaded carries are my go to training method for building strength and conditioning. How many here train loaded carries as their " combat conditioning"?

I am still doing the weighted carries routine I have posted several times before. the way I do it is to try to RUN as fast as possible while carrying the load.