The Tactical Life

For Batman730: be safe, brother.

dog

1 Like

Thanks.

I meant all of them so, emergency in case of natural disasters at home, emergency kit in car, EDC, and any other type of pack/kit one should have.

Kits for natural disasters should be geared to the environment you live in. What you would have living on the coast of Florida would be different than the mountains of Wyoming. The items I feel are critical for the home, no matter where you live:

Weapons. Police and first responders will not be able to respond due to closed roads ( Hurricanes, tornadoes, flooding, downed power lines, avalanches, blizzards, etc) and other more serious problems.

A portable generator for an alternate source of power to the fridge, freezer, and coffee maker. I once went 7 days without power and making coffee only on a gas camp stove gets old. If you are not an electrician, have one come and put in a separate plug on your power box. This saves time and all you have to do is crank the generator and plug in, don’t do the “direct wiring method” unless you are an expert.

A reliable portable gas stove and spare gas cylinders.

A chainsaw, fuel, and chain bar oil.

A 16 to 20 foot aluminum ladder.

100 feet of nylon ski rope.

A good ax and sledge hammer.

A large medical kit and the appropriate training to use it.

If you have a fireplace, an adequate supply of cured wood.

If a family member has to take prescription medication to remain breathing, at least a 30 day supply.

A month’s supply of baby wipes, anti-bacterial gel, toilet paper, paper towels, paper plates, plastic spoons and knives.

Two week supply of bottled water and remember you need enough to flush the commodes. Average human consumption is around a half gallon a day (if in the desert, up it to a gallon or two)

Two week supply of food that doesn’t include Doritos or alcohol.

My everyday EDC that I carry on my body:

Handgun, one spare magazine, knife, very small flashlight, butane lighter.

1 Like

Thought for the day: I have written about LtCol. Cooper before. He was the father of modern pistol fighting. If you are not familiar with his work, check him out. His blunt and honest approach is refreshing in this age of sensitivity.

cooper

Any Australians here?

I want to learn how to use a gun. How would an Australian learn to use a gun without joining the army.

tweet

Hint: check and see if IPSC has branch / club in one of your metro areas. New Zealand has almost as rigid gun rules as your country and I know they have private clubs there. more information:

http://www.ipsc.org/ipsc/

The Sunday Comic:

shark

2 Likes

The Sunday Comics:

TwoJarSlave,
Run if you see this guy in your bar, he is one deadly SOB.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bu1BXN2hLsh/

1 Like

I had a bunch of Ausie customers when I sold reloading supplies. They mostly shot the 303 British Enfield Cartridge and some 30-06. Almost none of them ordered pistol cartridge supplies (no pistols for the average ozzies).

There are ranges and gun shops. Call up a range and see if you can rent a gun or take a lesson.

I tried that gun disarming technique for 2 attackers but it didn’t work… they didn’t attack me right!

I know, that is beyond my skill level…

Motivational Monday:

firefighter

“Iron and the Soul” by Henry Rollins

Learning about what you’re made of is always time well spent, and I have found no better teacher. The Iron had taught me how to live. Life is capable of driving you out of your mind. The way it all comes down these days, it’s some kind of miracle if you’re not insane. People have become separated from their bodies. They are no longer whole.

I see them move from their offices to their cars and on to their suburban homes. They stress out constantly, they lose sleep, they eat badly. And they behave badly. Their egos run wild; they become motivated by that which will eventually give them a massive stroke. They need the Iron Mind.

Through the years, I have combined meditation, action, and the Iron into a single strength. I believe that when the body is strong, the mind thinks strong thoughts. Time spent away from the Iron makes my mind degenerate. I wallow in a thick depression. My body shuts down my mind.

The Iron is the best antidepressant I have ever found. There is no better way to fight weakness than with strength. Once the mind and body have been awakened to their true potential, it’s impossible to turn back.”

1 Like

I’m pretty sure that’s how most guys who start bar fights imagine it will play out.

First he goes like this, then I’ll go like that, then I’ll say something badass and go HI-YA!

Thought for the day:

The old adage, “there are no atheists in foxholes,” while maybe not universally true, speaks to the level of helplessness that’s inherent to our very being. No matter how hard you work, no matter how prepared you try to be, there comes a time when there’s nothing left to do but succeed or fail. There, in that moment, all you can do is try your best and pray that your best is enough. Alex Hollings.

I know you guys love Pat Mc so I thought I’d post this here for you. He is one interesting man.

The T-boning a deer story on his dirt bike was crazy.

http://podcasts.joerogan.net/podcasts/pat-mcnamara

2 Likes

I have trained with him twice, he is exactly as he is in the vids. Great instructor, genuine and not into the “tact-cool” brotherhood. Thanks for posting the link.

2 Likes

Thought for the day: When I read this quote, the first thought I had, was the the month of January. You know, when everyone and their grandmother decides to start coming to the gym to “get in shape”. Now, unfortunately, this is not limited to civilian gyms, plenty of military and LE gyms suffer this overload, only to return to the hardcore people around the last week of January. If you train and have experienced the same thing, then this quote is for you:

People have bad habits of making promises to themselves while drunk on motivation, then failing to follow through on those promises in the harsh glow of the morning sun.

1 Like

Was just about to share the same podcast.

The whole thing was solid, but these two clips were pretty relevant for the crowd here:

“In the transverse plane lives life-saving and ass-kicking.”

“Every night is Saturday night, but every morning is Monday morning.”

Thank you, Chris. He is a genuine person in a sea of tact-cool IG guys.

Thought for the day:

Thinking of training with Pat, it doesn’t matter whether its the cage, ring, dojo or the tactical range, always try to train with people better than you. This is especially true with combat and related lethal force skills. Train enough with lower skill level people or train too much on your own and you end up thinking you are hot crap. Perhaps, Socrates said it best:

For the worst of all deceptions is self-deception.