The T-ransformation 2020 Results

@raoh1990 Great job on the transformation, looking really lean now. what happened between the end of 2019 transformation and the start of this year ? It looks like you went backwards? What training did you do for this year? You seem to have made up all the lost ground and then add more muscle and lean up. Really good.

1 Like

I agree, and will say that @Voxel was a contender for me. Hard choices!

I also for some reason had it set in my mind that @BOTSLAYER qualified for most improved, and chose someone else for this yearā€™s transformation thinking ā€œgood, I have my two.ā€ Sorry BOTSLAYER! Youā€™d have taken it for me if I hadnā€™t goofed.

What really caught my attention generally is how similar befores and afters are for some people year after year. Doughy (or smaller) in January, less so in June.

5 Likes

Thank both of you (@dagill2). Thereā€™s always next year to shine.

To everyone, complete or no-complete. Just getting through, and continuing to go through, these months is a feat of strength and perseverance.

3 Likes

Ouch! Thatā€™s gonna leave a mark :worried:

3 Likes

Hey! My upper chest is marginally better if you look really closely and Iā€™m a bit less pale. What more do you want from me? :joy:

3 Likes

I thought this. A lot of impressive transofrmations, but the June to June makes me think were all putting in a lot of effort for not so much result. Myself included

Or that at least half the battle is just not going backwards.

1 Like

At least I feel slightly better about my total lack of training accomplishments knowing that quite a lot of people are in the same boat.

The same boat that is slowly sinking under the weight of our lardy, unchanging bodies.

2 Likes

Can we skip to the part where we blame the camera/phone?

Cā€™mon! Whoā€™s with me!?!
:grin:

2 Likes

I better find a new camera or phone then, because my last tiny spark motivation has just been extinguished.

Oh please, no!

Iā€™m only joking about myself.

Inner monologue: ā€œyeah. Doin good. Is that a vein across the shoulder?..ā€

grabs phone, snaps pic

Then ā€œStupid camthing! Whoā€™s idea was it to put a camera on a phone, anyways?ā€.

2 Likes

Oh, I didnā€™t mean it negatively! I meant it curiously, like ā€œhuh, interesting, what does or can it mean.ā€

It can mean that those people respond particularly well to challenges (it can mean they need more frequent, shorter challenges). It can mean that those people respond particularly poorly to the holidays. It can mean that those people are holding tight and should be congratulated for not making their way down the slippery slope that comes with middle age or parenting young children.

I guess I felt it as a neutral observation, not a shitty commentary. I apologize to people who read it that way. I feel weā€™re all to be commended for having and pursuing goals.

Yes! Iā€™m trying to view the January start next year as a continuation of this year - can I start 2021 with a better ā€œbeforeā€ than this yearā€™s? Or maybe the February check-in. But I can already feel myself slipping slightly.

Hahaha!

2 Likes

Iā€™m skipping straight to the part where I blame it on my doughy genetics. Iā€™m 1/1024 Pillsbury Doughboy.

4 Likes

Have you considered staying at 8% bodyfat year round?

6 Likes

Here:

And I mean this with care and respectā€“

I made this vid for you because 50 weeks ago I woke up in the cardiac ICU to my wife and best buddy in the world crying, and I was in bad shape. Big nasty heart attack almost killed me. And the nice nurses. You know youā€™re probably dead when they give you the nice nurses.

And I stayed there a while. Thatā€™s when the fear really sunk in (and I started to get a tolerance to morphine). :smiling_face: 4 days of that, and I started to stabilize and they moved me to a room for regular sick people.

Then my buddies laid into me when I got out. Relentlessly! Dragging me out for walks and biking. They knew, and I knew, that I needed to get stronger. Period.

So I did. Now I can clumsily jump rope. (Maybe I should put on some Ramones and just pretend Iā€™m dancing instead)

But I got stronger. Itā€™s what we do. We meet adversity, and Iā€™ll be honest,I want to quit more often than not. But I canā€™t. I just canā€™t.

And now my biceps bruise and bleed sometimes when I go too hard. .

We donā€™t always get physically stronger. Sometimes itā€™s the head game where we make da gainz.

So Hang in there with me? If your spark gets extinguished momentarily you can use some of mine.

10 Likes

Thanks! I went out and done what I had planned today. I know you have been through the wringer and am happy you made it out the other side. I really appreciate you taking time to do that.

4 Likes

Any time!

Iā€™m actually very fortunate. There are a few people around who will put an actual foot to my real ass if I start getting out of line.

:smiling_face:

1 Like

Itā€™s taken awhile, but living in the middle has produced my best physique. I bulked and looked puffy. I cut and looked skinny and tired. I quit obsessing and found my middle ground this year.

This. Every year that I can maintain the mid 20s version of myself is a huge victory.

6 Likes

Feels like it is hard and slow to gain muscle, easy and fast to gain and lose weight. Or just that we let ourselves going too far during the winter ahah

We gain fat by the pound but lose it by the gram.

Thatā€™s my take home lesson for the year. :grin:

5 Likes

Then I just have to bless my metabolism + young age + active job because I actually lost weight too fast and incremented more cheats lol

1 Like