The T-ransformation 2019 Results

Pretty sure I only voted for the 6 month transformation.

Ha, I can’t even see the names of who’s voted. Polls have options when setting up and I went with the highest anonymity. Maybe next year it’ll change… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Oh. In that case, it wasn’t me, lol.

If you see results, you probably voted.

1 Like

Fair, and I get what you’re saying. I think with some guys (self included), it’s not so much about not being consistent, but more about not having a target or reason to really push. One benefit of the challenge (and the Feb/August check-ins) is that, since the majority of us are recreational lifters with nothing on the calendar - no competitions, no meets or shows - then we tend to cruise along with the dial set to 5 or 6, maybe 7 for a month or two.

Whereas having something concrete to aim for and a finite deadline to work with a couple of times a year can make us push the dial up to 11 (in theory, at least). Also, realistically, there’s only so much drastic visible progress to be made unless your age starts with a 1- or a 2-, but for sure there can/should be steady forward momentum.

Absolutely. I can make that more explicit in the wording next year in case more people felt the same.

3 Likes

That’s a wrap for 2019, gang.

Congrats to @jackolee for best transformation of 2019 and @raoh1990 with most improved from 2018 to 2019.

Jack and Raoh, I’ll be in touch when I get word from HQ about the 'attaboys we can throw your way. As a whole, I have to say we probably had the most competition and best work overall from everybody this year compared to years past. Maybe we’re finally getting the hang of this “train hard, eat right”-thing.

I think we can take a breath and then get right back to work. The August check-in is coming up, so folks can always focus on that.

Good stuff, everyone. I appreciate everyone who stepped up and saw it through.

15 Likes

Hi everyone, I’m very happy to see the results of the challenge!
I had some life issues and I had to stay away from the forum (and lifting, and soccer, and videogames… :weary:).
I can’t believe I won the most improved challenge!
I just want to thank everyone, especially @jackolee, because after his jaw-dropping after pic, my mind said “I want to be like this guy!”, giving me the motivation to push my training, cardio and diet to the limit. Congratulations mate, you deserve the victory and thanks for voting me!
PS: My Journey to Hokuto Renkitoza is still at the beginning :wink:

4 Likes

Great end result and great work by everyone who reached the finish line.
@Chris_Colucci thanks for the time to set this up and collate all the pics and I have to say you nailed it when you said that as recreational lifters this gives us something to train for. I wanted to lose a little weight at the start of this year but there is no way I would have been as consistent with my diet and training if I wasn’t putting a pic up at the end of it. Thanks again.
And to everyone who like myself didn’t win, I’ll see you all again next year for round two. :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Awesome work @jackolee and @raoh1990 you guys kicked ass! @Chris_Colucci thanks again for putting on such a great challenge. I was talking to my work colleagues about it and they were all really impressed by the culture and camaraderie that the challenge builds. For someone like me who trains ‘alone’ and doesn’t ‘compete’ in a sport, this challenge is golden. I definitely wouldn’t hate a forum for maybe 2 monthly check ins post challenge? I guess I could not be lazy and check everyone else’s logs lol…

3 Likes

Great work @jackolee @raoh1990 and I was also super impressed with @loganator and @Frank_C

2 Likes

Thanks @Chris_Colucci for organizing an awesome contest. The comradery that I found on this forum was instrumental in my cut and ultimately my end result at my show. I appreciate each and everyone of you guys. Its been awesome to see all these strong guys band together in an uplifting way where you just want to be better than you were the day before.

Congrats to @raoh1990 h1990 on the most improved. That was one hell of a cut you did man. Another standout for me was @Frank_C who was the picture of consistency. He just kept plugging away right up to the end. He was great at balancing life with the cut as well. Seems like he was able to eat some good food and drinks and still make progress.

Well here’s to not being right back we started come December!

4 Likes

I’m committed to my new plan! For those of you who don’t follow my log, I’ve set myself up with a window of acceptable weight.

205 is where I want to be but it’s not fun. 210 is a weight at which I can enjoy life. 215 is about as heavy as I can tolerate without feeling the urge to cut.

Moving forward, I intend to just lift and live life. If/when my weight hits 215 or above then I’ll do a mini cut to get it back to 210. I think this will allow me to see some muscle growth without getting too fat. At this point in my life, I’m probably going to be gaining ounces of muscle instead of pounds.

This will also keep me from having to drop 30+ pounds at any one time in the future. I can also really push things next year and drop to 200 or below if I decide to make a run at winning part of the challenge.

7 Likes

Plan for me to basically. I had to cut from 207 this last year (admittedly that was fueled by my desire to have a high starting weight for my other contest) so If I can stay around around 185-190 this year I should have a much better ending point next year (although not as dramatic of a cut… I’ll hopefully be more of a threat for the Most Improved category). Thats gives me about 10 pounds to play with in terms of weight gain.

1 Like

Hate to take your first place away so soon, but I’ve already planned on winning the most improved next year. I’m sorry

How’d those other contests work out?

Very good actually, ended up winning $600. The girl that took first lost the same amount of weight I did but started 40 pounds lighter, so it wasnt even close. I was pretty aggressive too, so she must have been insanely strict and low cal.

1 Like

I’ll be thinking of this post when I want to slack off or cheat the diet :wink:

2 Likes

Hopefully she can maintain that. I’m glad we’ve added Most Improved so people can still participate and compete in following years without having to rebound back to their “before” physiques.

So I had my mock meet today. I know this is after the fact, but this T-ransformation I worked on powerlifting, not physique, and these were my results. For reference, my last meet before this started I went 400, 360, 500 (1260) @ 181 (178).

Today I went 440, 375 (360), 530 (1345) @ 188 without any cutting (I’m only a couple pounds heavier than my last meet).

Squats: Took 395, 420, 440. My squats all look right at parallel to me, but the camera was set below knee level and I do SPF meets, so I’m calling 2 whites. 440 felt like it took about 2 minutes. My hips went backwards out of the hole and the weight came forward onto my toes, but I stuck with it, got back in position and got it up. My technique is so much better. I’m finally keeping my upper back tight.

Bench: Took 340, 360, (375), 375. I was having some problems with my butt coming up. On 360 it actually lost contact when I started my decent. The first 375 I took I started too close to the uprights, mentally went too low on my chest and then over compensated pulling the weight back up too high toward my head on the way back up. Took it again and got it though my butt came off the bench a bit. Really should have had a lift off and gotten a better setup. I should also note that my bench training at the end of this cycle sucked. I was dealing with a pulled trap that just won’t get back to 100%, elbow tendonitis, and a pulled peck. I didn’t expect much out of my bench, so I was pretty happy with how this went, other than needing to work on keeping my butt down.

Deads: I was roasted and took 500, 530, (550). 500 and 530 were smooth. 550 came off the floor fast and just ran into a wall at my knees. I’ve realized I went way too fast through the whole meet. From my first squat to the 550 was only about an hour and 45 minutes and I needed more time after that 440 grinder on squat. I also started lifting at about 5:30 which I like to do, but I am stronger in the evening. However, I am now staying neutral and healthy, so that’s a big win.

All things considered I feel pretty good about where I ended up.

12 Likes

Good numbers and good lifts man, nice improvement too, which is harder and harder to come by as the numbers go up.