The T-Nation 500

I just noticed the link to the “T-Nation 500” on the right-hand side of the page:

http://www.T-Nation.com/tmagnum/topPurchasers.do

And the top purchasers blew me away… number 1 has spent $56,969.96 on purchases from Biotest.

Wow!

And, the average amount spent by the top 100 purchasers is $18,693.58.

Now, I know I don’t take my training as seriously as a lot of the guys on here. Maybe I’d spend a few hundred bucks a year on supps (mostly protein, fish oil and creatine).

But I’d really love to see a comparison of amount spent/muscle gained. I mean, I’ve seen “Level 4s” posting on here asking the most basic of weight-training questions.

Note: If I lived in the States I would definitely buy my share of Biotest products. As it is, in Australia, the gear is way over-priced. :frowning:

Hmmmm . . .

When I started purchasing from Biotest, I was around 115lbs

My heaviest/best ratio was 210lbs @ a lower BF %.

My favorite is around 190lbs at about 8%

Because of injury, stress, and work/city relocation, I’m down to 165lbs. Am starting to bulk, so I hope that isn’t going to be a long climb.

I wonder if the top account is a Biotest promo account. They probably keep track of all the free supplements they give out.

Also, you can’t tie the total dollar spent on supps to total weight gained. They do sell thermogenics, after all.

Also, some of us have either achieved their individual physique or performance goals vis a vi mass, and use the supps for fine-tuning, etc.

A better question would arguably be “what’s the percentage of goals achieved versus dollars spent?”

Two identical twins begin working out.

One finishes 4 tubs of Surge, the other finishes 8 tubs of Surge. Who made the most progress, and why?

Well, I have 2 accounts, or ‘had’ rather.

I’d think I’d easily qualify as a level 4 if I could remember my damn email from my previous account!

I personally buy the products for being healthy overall. Not for muscle gain, or strength gain, fat loss, etc.

I don’t think for me at least it’s about taking the training seriously; or at least to an extent.

I find that if I invest $200-300 on a bunch of powders and pills it motivates me to make turn that money into muscle. Thus far, it has worked tremendously, I’m sure the extra protein, creatine and fish oil hasn’t hurt either.

[quote]ab_power wrote:

One finishes 4 tubs of Surge, the other finishes 8 tubs of Surge. Who made the most progress, and why?[/quote]

Ha, I like this.

the top accounts probably belong to gyms, stores, “groups” of trainees/teams.

Its nice to have it if you can afford it. =) Some people just have too much money and don’t do coke. So obviously they have to spend it on something. Why not a powder that tastes like blueberries.

I’ve still got no “Level Credit” for my Biotest purchases :frowning:

[quote]ab_power wrote:

One finishes 4 tubs of Surge, the other finishes 8 tubs of Surge. Who made the most progress, and why?[/quote]

The first one because he worked on eating food rather than supplements?

Surge is food. It’s Protein, Fat and Carbs ingested like any other food. You can supplement your diet with it, if that is what you mean, but it’s nothing worse off for you.

Yup, I fot one, buy for myself, my GF, and some clients.

I already spend $25 a week on fish oil pills, i would gladly spend many times that amount on just fish oil if my finances allowed it, i belive it’s the best damn supplement that exists with so many noticable

It really doesn’t take a huge amount to be at level 4. I can almost guarantee I’ve spent more on beer and pizza in 4 years than supplements.

(I am also an exclusive Biotest customer, the only supp I own that didn’t come from T-Nation is a jug of Draper’s Bomber Blend)

i think the ammount spent on supplements and progress and or goals reached really dont matter. either way your spending your money on something that is inevitably improving your quality of life.

millions of people spend easily twice as much money on beer and ciggarettes and dont think twice about it. anything that helps or excels your life in a quality way is money well spent.

[quote]All2ez wrote:
i think the ammount spent on supplements and progress and or goals reached really dont matter. either way your spending your money on something that is inevitably improving your quality of life.

millions of people spend easily twice as much money on beer and ciggarettes and dont think twice about it. anything that helps or excels your life in a quality way is money well spent.[/quote]

Well said!

LR

I could just spend a few hundred on some illegal gear and get alot bigger then the “fools” who buy tons of protien and fish oil!

(note: its a joke, i’m one of them ‘fools’)

[quote]All2ez wrote:

millions of people spend easily twice as much money on beer and ciggarettes and dont think twice about it. anything that helps or excels your life in a quality way is money well spent.[/quote]

I agree, very well said; I’ll take it!