The Surge Workout Fuel Experience

[quote]ostldm01 wrote:
Perhaps if I upped the dosage, recovery would be even more rapid…
[/quote]
Actually this raises an interesting question: hypothetically speaking, if money was no object, what would be the maximum amount of SWF one could take before taking any more wouldn’t yield any additional benefits (ie when return on investment reaches zero)?

Of course money is an object, but just for curiosity’s sake…

[quote]BCheron wrote:

[quote]ostldm01 wrote:
Perhaps if I upped the dosage, recovery would be even more rapid…
[/quote]
Actually this raises an interesting question: hypothetically speaking, if money was no object, what would be the maximum amount of SWF one could take before taking any more wouldn’t yield any additional benefits (ie when return on investment reaches zero)?

Of course money is an object, but just for curiosity’s sake…[/quote]

This may answer your question…

From the product thread:

(posted by Bill Roberts)

I would recommend if you wish to use more, and if it’s a 1 hour workout, then use 1/2 scoop 15 minutes before the workout, 2 scoops immediately before or during the worktout (whether drunk all at once immediately before or sipped during, sipped being the recommendation but all at once being how I do it personally and also does work), and 1 scoop afterwards combined with Surge Recovery.

Or if a 90 minute workout then an additional 1 scoop at the 60 minute point to cover your last 30 minutes; or if a 2 hour workout then an additional 2 scoops at the 1 hour point to cover your last hour.

But I would not recommend four scoops in one hour.

Another observation…

The days that I use SWF, I always weigh around three pounds more at the end of the day…

So you all are taking the entire two scoops, in 20oz of water well before you start moving?

The instructions on the thing make it sound like you’re supposed to sip 20oz throughout your session…

Should I just down it all 15 min ahead of time?

I tend to drink a lot when I lift, but it sounds like I shouldn’t be diluting it to make it last longer (like two scoops into a gallon that will last me 30-45min… I should be taking IT ALL pre-workout?

[quote]Spartiates wrote:
So you all are taking the entire two scoops, in 20oz of water well before you start moving?

The instructions on the thing make it sound like you’re supposed to sip 20oz throughout your session…

Should I just down it all 15 min ahead of time?

I tend to drink a lot when I lift, but it sounds like I shouldn’t be diluting it to make it last longer (like two scoops into a gallon that will last me 30-45min… I should be taking IT ALL pre-workout?[/quote]

It depends on what else you have during your workout. If you have nothing else, I wouldn’t take it all before. When I used only SWF I would drink about half before the workout and then sip the rest and be done about 1/2 through my workout and drink water the rest of the way. And it worked great for increasing work capacity. It was way better than the nothing I was having prior to SWF.

Most people, if not all, who are drinking it all before are doing it to load up on carbs before the workout. There are tons of threads and posts about the science and reasoning behind in CT’s forum, and in the anaconda forum.

I used SWF ( a scoop and a half 30 mins before lifting) and the results were distinctly average. Felt a bit tingley from the beta alanine and made me need a whizz more and that was about it.

Had much better gains from my current workout nutrition protocol of a 2:1 mix WMS and whey, 10g BCAA + 5g Creatine before, 10g BCAA in water during and the same shake as pre post workout, with 5g less BCAA

[quote]atlastrainer wrote:
do any of the Biotest products work im not very familiar with their products looking for some feedback from past and current users

ALLDAY…[/quote]

Surge has had a pretty profound effect on me, but I seem to get used to it and have to train without it for a while to get resensitized so to speak.

Alpha GPC for me is amazing and by far better than SWF for the way I train. I stack that with Powerdrive and I lift heavier and more. The difference without those for me is profound. Not everyone on here has reported the same thing though.

Z-12 is hands down my favorite supplement that Biotest sells. I can’t live without it. Before I started using it I would wake up at 3 in the morning and not be able to get back to sleep then walk around like a Zombie the rest of the day. This happened at least 2 sometimes 4 times a week. Now I take 3 caps of Z-12 and don’t know a thing till my alarm goes off. This has made quick recovery a possibility again. I used to take ZMA along with it at night but I’m currently taking the Elite Pro Mineral supp they just released.

I haven’t given Finibars a go yet but MD bars and Surge recovery are both really good.

Haven’t ponied up for Anaconda or MAG-10 yet either…