The Supreme Court Fight is On. The Divide Worsens

Oh absolutely. And, if anyone would know that it would be Judge Kavanaugh, right?

She is an alleged victim at this point. But there are also plenty of real victims out there without evidence to backup their claims… The victims being both the accuser and accused.

That’s just it, it looks like she may be refusing to testify until an FBI investigation is done.

2 people know for sure. But public opinion and the law are NOT based upon knowing for sure.

Personally, I think (and hope), it’s a bluff. The focus she is placing on political posturing takes away from her victim narrative IMO.

She’s a really smart lady. If her story is true i don’t think she will let the Democratic party hijack the reason she went public.

She’s the one demanding the FBI investigate or she won’t talk. What exactly do you think ads credibility to her claim? There is literally nothing. It’s so old and so emotional an issue there are a million things that could invalidate it even if she’s 100% honest. She could have the wrong guy. She could have grossly exaggerated the situation due to youth, alcohol and 30 years. You keep talking about a claim, but without things like time and place there isn’t even a factual claim. It’s like in science, you can’t make a hypothesis without falsifiable claims. As it stands, nothing can be verified, nothing can be disproved, nothing can even be investigated because the “claim” is too vague. You could literally have access to a time machine and it would be difficult to find out what if anything happened.

1 Like

I mean, it’s a pretty darn flat and blunt denial in no uncertain terms with little no wiggle room. Which suggests a high level of confidence. As you imply, it leaves him open to disaster if a witness comes forward even to only claim they saw him to grab her hand. Or, heck, even being anywhere near her. .

Personally, I’m a big fan of non committal answers that leave wiggle room. I think he fucked up by removing the “dumb teenager” excuse for an unsolicited ass/titty grab scenario for which I think he would have been forgiven. Even if he is totally spotless, I think he went too far in his denial.

Winner winner chicken dinner

1 Like

Pretty weak. “It just came out 48 hrs. ago…”.

Well according to the accuser, it happened 30 years ago. How much time does she need?

1 Like

No kidding.

You shouldn’t need time to prepare to tell the truth anyway.

1 Like

I am sorry to say, but that seems to be her and Feinstein’s fault. They flat out waited until the vetting had wrapped up.

Gee, I wonder why…

1 Like

Because shameless stupidly effective political games are what Americans thrive on

2 Likes

Lol, honestly gotta hand it to the dems on this one

1 Like

Anyone else a wee bit tired of the acceptability of “old whte guys.” to mean something negative?

1 Like

But, bro, they’re the worst!

2 Likes

It fact, was it not only made public (the accusations) after leaks to the press? Had there been no leaks, were they not going to go forward with this at all?

1 Like

Yeah, there’s that.

Its just this strange phenomenon I’ve observed through out life.

When someone drops a bomb and acts all surprised it went thud.

Ex: I see a bunch of people huddled around dude. I walk over and ask what’s wrong. " He just came out. Its very upsetting!".

Me: “No shit? Dude’s been gay since the day he was born. Why is everybody all a flutter now?”.

Situation 2: " Dude, you’re looking rough. What’s up?"

“Well, it turns out that I’m an alcoholic.”

Me " Like that time you shit your pants in my car didn’t tell you anything?".

Seriously, what the fuck?

5 Likes

Now that she has backed out, it is past time to call the vote.

These claims are nonsense, and I have seen 0 reason to believe a word of it.