The Supreme Court Fight is On. The Divide Worsens

The plot thickens?

My apologies. Slip of the tongue. Everything that happens to everyone for any reason is obviously life altering.

Agreed. That being said, those things will (on their worst day) never make me consider that it’s a scary time to be a man or that I’m finished.

I’d put money down this is roughly how it’ll go. Damn good move by the Dems for the midterms

1 Like

But the judge ruled in their favor. That would create the opposite of a grudge.

I didn’t mean to insinuate anything. I think it wasn’t totally clear what happened in the case. I think we’d have to know more.

I don’t know, Legalsteel. Maybe that she comes off sympathetic enough to raise doubt. She only has to swing a couple of votes. Unless I’m mistaken, she’s accusing him of attempted rape. She could be a very sympathetic, tearful witness testifying in front of mostly men who can look heartless.

I agree with you. The balance of his entire life as an honorable man, shouldn’t rest on 35-year-old uncorroborated memories. Anyone can be disqualified if we can just find one person willing to say something like this. No proof required. That’s a lot of power, and one heck of a precedent to set.

5 Likes

It would be a huge wrench in the current process of appointing judges to the supreme court, and an extremely sharp double edged sword.

The dems should have thought long and hard about pulling the pin on this one.

1 Like

BINGO, @SkyzykS and @anon71262119.

While it is still doubtful that Kavanaugh won’t be confirmed; you can bet your MAGA hat that the GOP will not forget this…(and I hope they don’t…).

“Remember Kavanaugh” will certainly be a rallying cry the next time the DEMS put up a nominee.

2 Likes

And say what? “This is way worse than when we stalled out Obama’s SCOTUS options. They actually brought forth real complaints!”

Given the GOPs very very recent history of fucking with SCOTUS confirmations, the voters have every reason to be upset. Assuming they didn’t vote for any sitting GOP congressmen

1 Like

I’ll show you overreacting! Except I can’t the system is keepin the man down! It won’t let me do all caps :anger:

1 Like

You should try overreacting… outrage goes a long way.

They are going to ask his\ her 1st grade teacher if he listened in class or grabbed her boob…

That’s what I have been trying to say… Couldn’t seem to articulate it so well and it wasn’t that hard. Boy I feel dumb…outsmarted by a girl! :wink:

1 Like

And now it seems she may choose to not testify Monday. Seems they want the FBI to investigate first…Soc basically, beyond midterm elections.

4 Likes

Part of me respects that the Dems are somehow better at stalling out Trump with a minority than the GOP was with a majority, but part of me wants them to get some new plays.

But you know HRC is laughing somewhere knowing how well this play works for the midterms.

From what I know so far, this shouldn’t stop his confirmation. It’s really too late (both for the Dems and for the accuser). He has to be afforded the right to defend himself, and both what the accusations are and the time frame don’t allow that. If he cannot, regardless of accuracy of the claims, mount a defense then you can’t take the claim seriously. She would need at a minimum to come up with a date and location.

As it is, there is no date, no location (depriving the accused of any possible verifiable defense), she’s apparently changed her story on the approximate date (at one point she claimed “late teens” now she claims 15), she told NO ONE for 30 years, the 30 years after the fact therapist notes corroborate part of her story while omitting important things like names and outright contradicting another part (to the point the accuser’s lawyer says that the notes are inaccurate), the only other witness according to the accuser also denies her story, there is no known pattern of this type of behavior. There are also a few things that don’t fit well. She says she wanted to stay private and never come forward publicly, but went and hired a lawyer and took a lie detector test? Why the test and lawyer if you weren’t ever coming forward? She also says she kept quiet because he’s powerful and she’s been scared, but he’s allegedly 17 at the time. Also in regard to the lie detector, the only statement I read on it was that it was deemed accurate when she said that the account of her story was accurate (correct me if I’m wrong). That seems like an odd question. The story could be accurately recorded, but she was lying about the event. Why not just ask if the guy tried to rape her? Not to mention she could believe it and be wrong.

There is just nothing to go on. There is nothing to corroborate her version and no way to defend against it.

3 Likes

Worth.

1 Like

Now that the testimony is contingent on an FBI investigation, I am moving this claim from probably tripe to outright falsehood.

1 Like

Thing is, if there is any truth at all to the claim (even if only partially), kavanaugh has unequivocally denied anything of the sort happening. Lying to Congress should disqualify a SCOTUS nominee, no?

So this (by all accounts) respectable, accomplished, professional lady must either be 100% fabricating EVERYTHING… Or kavanaugh lied to Congress.

This is no longer an issue of how serious a blemish being akward with women as a teenager is (assuming she is exaggerating). Kavanaugh has made it an all or nothing issue now.

2 Likes

RBG sexually assaulted me, somewhere, at some point in the past a long time ago. I haven’t told anyone until now and have absolutely no evidence anything ever happened. I’m demanding an FBI investigation and we’ll see if she makes this an all or nothing issue.

2 Likes