The Supreme Court Fight is On. The Divide Worsens

What if he really didn’t do it? Should he still apologize?

No, of course not.

What I’m saying is, we don’t know. But I am not comfortable with the “well if he did, I mean…”

If he did, then he should admit it.

But again, we don’t know. And, I’m not sure how we could know.

If he didn’t do it he shouldn’t apologize and admit guilt. That’s not good for anyone.

I would agree with that. I would even go so far as to say he shouldn’t be automatically dismissed if it were true. People should be given the chance to change. We can condemn the actions but not condemn the man.

Agreed.

You said something did happen, but you don’t know that it did.

No. I was speaking for myself, i.e. not using a proxy.

Are we talking about something or nothing?

Context.

Therefore you have no idea what half the people here have done.

Something hypothetical.

I did. It just didn’t make any sense. The op-ed was accounting for known facts and provided context. You jumped from point A to purple with the derp state stuff.

I asked why would someone make up an accusation like this about someone 6 years ago to derail his future nomination? It is a valid question since the Op Ed stated that the sole purpose of the accusation was to in fact derail the nomination.

And you have a problem with that being the motive?

Why would that not be a maneuver at this point? Especially at this point, when these accusations, especially in the political arena, are fast tracked to forgone conclusion.

Fuck it, pull Kavanaugh and nominate Judge Judy. Lets get this failed political system on the bullet train to implosion.

1 Like

What was the motive six years ago?

In that Op Ed it isn’t what is said but what isn’t said. It mentions how she couldn’t remember if it was 2 or 4 boys. What it didn’t mention is that regardless, Kavanaugh was claimed to be one and the Op Ed didn’t dispute that he indeed could have been one. It also didn’t dispute that it may have happened but only that she couldn’t remember where.

No way, she is racist against pit bulls.

Based on the timing, the lack of corroboration in the therapist’s notes, and the severe gaps in the accuser’s memory, I don’t believe these accusations.

-Not one other accuser
-0 corroborating evidence.
-65 character witnesses for the judge
-The FBI aren’t investigating

This dog won’t hunt.

5 Likes

“The therapist’s notes, portions of which were provided by Ford and reviewed by The Washington Post, do not mention Kavanaugh’s name but say she reported that she was attacked by students “from an elitist boys’ school” who went on to become “highly respected and high-ranking members of society in Washington.” The notes say four boys were involved, a discrepancy Ford says was an error on the therapist’s part. Ford said there were four boys at the party but only two in the room.”

No names mentioned. And 4 boys.

It doesn’t have to do all of those things. Its looking at what is, not what if.

Boring, I know, but sometimes it is what it is.

This is a death blow for me. The most contemporaneous documenting of the alleged events do not corroborate the accuser. This whole thing is a bucket of slime, cast on, by all but one account, a decent man.

1 Like

Uh, a sausage party, would vote neh just for that.

Damn it, how about Milian (people’s court). She’s not bad to look at either (can I say that in 2018 or did I just sexual assault her?).

If I had to guess I would say they did know each other but that doesn’t mean he did anything.

Do you doubt that what she claimed happened, or doubt who she claims was involved?