The Supreme Court Fight is On. The Divide Worsens

Gotcha. Thanks for taking the time to explain it, though.

1 Like

@ Youth. It’s relative. I’m still young, just not as young as you. You definitely can’t be old. wink.

@ Frustration with the process. Yeah, I hear ya. I don’t watch TV news of follow Twitter and I think that probably saves my sanity a bit. I sometimes pull back from following the national political news, focus on more positive things that make me feel less daunted. Agree. Most of us talking politics aren’t doing much other than raising our cortisol. We might vote and occasionally write a letter, but that’s the extent of most of our involvement. Most of us aren’t going to run for a local office, although we need good people to step up and do those things.

Sometimes talking about the issues helps me clarify my own thinking, helps me understand something. I’m trying not to have strong opinions about things I don’t understand. A lot of people have a team or tribe mentality, where they just let their tribe do the thinking, and always have party line views on every issue. Writing my ideas down makes me articulate what I think. Mostly an intellectual exercise. Sometimes I change my mind.

@ Volunteer work. Your’s is definitely a more libertarian way of thinking. Don’t wait around for government to solve it, or try to force other people to do something. Find something you can do as an individual and then do it. Find some small thing, and make it a little bit better. Relieve suffering even a little bit, within your circle of influence. These things are probably going to lower your cortisol, and improve your faith in the goodness of people. You can do meaningful things, without getting involved in partisan politics for sure.

Nice to see you back, Bauber. You were missed.

Puff

1 Like

SHOCKING!!!

I assume the author, Kate Murphy, is 12 years old.

This is me also, @anon71262119.

Thank you for articulating it much better than I can.

1 Like

If Kavanaugh is not qualified to be on the Court, then no one is.

The DEMS will be better served treading lightly at his confirmation. He more than has the skills to make them look stupid and petty.

Why? The country very very clearly supports obstructionist behavior at the expense of common sense.

The fact that he (Clinton) actually did those things completely escapes her.

She’s the new breed of stupid.

No kidding. I can’t believe he was going to ask if he “ejaculated into her mouth”. Uh, pretty sure he did… What kind of nerd phrases it like that anyway?

If I was asking the “shocking” questions it would be more like:
“So, Bill, how many times did you bust a fat nut on Monica’s face? Did you ever PIIHB?”

3 Likes

LOL!

Now, @usmccds423…where did a fine, outstanding member of the Beloved Corps LEARN such language?

I’m shocked…just shocked…!

1 Like

Shit, that’s PG for a Devil Dog.

You didn’t get the memo? It’s the new Marine corps.

1 Like

Probably accurate, sadly.

I was hoping you’d get the Heartbreak Ridge reference.

I haven’t seen it in a while.

I hate missing good comedy I need to read thinkprogress more often

1 Like

Corey Booker be-clowning himself is depressing. I think Booker was an exemplary mayor, and to see him make such an ass of himself is melting my brain.

See also: Giuliani.

Also, it looks like Kavanaugh is a lock. McConnell has said he will be in the October sitting.

Not sure if that depresses R or D turnout in the midterms. It certainly removes the issue for either party.

I never noticed a difference from Sharpe James although Booker was not a piece of filth like James.

I’ll have to defer to your experience. Booker and I shared (I don’t know if he still holds it) positions on crime reduction.

I should make myself more clear. There is a huge difference between Sharpe James and Booker. James was a criminal (convicted) and one of the most corrupt mayors of any city ever. He was openly disingenuous and a thief. Newark voters were just too naive and unsophisticated to notice. The fact that he drove a Rolls Royce should have advertised how much of a crook he was. He lauded Newark public schools while sending his kids to private school. The city was, and still is, a dump.

Booker is a saint by comparison. So I’m not saying there is no difference between James and Booker as far as who they are as people. Unless something has changed, Booker is as honest a politician you will find. I’m simply saying that Newark was still a dump after Booker took office but in all fairness, Jersey only functions via corruption.

1 Like