The Supreme Court Fight is On. The Divide Worsens

IOWA CITY — The University of Iowa has deregistered another 38 student groups after a federal judge found it unequally enforced its human rights policy by kicking off campus a student organization that had barred an openly gay member from becoming a leader…

…The university argued it was right to deregister BLinC because institutional policy, modeled upon the Iowa Civil Rights Act, requires student organization membership be open to anyone, regardless of race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity or other protected class.

At least 22 of the newly deregistered groups are organized around religion, culture or ideology.

The Christian would HAVE to be open to even non-Christians for leadership according to the above. Huh? Think the University receives any federal funds?

I’m not sure what your point is here.

Marathon sex thread?

You’re the one who whines whenever religion gets discussed.

You mean, like what you have done on this thread? What you are doing with this post?

Like I said, you lack self-awareness.

The fact you think that would be an insult shows just how much of a bigot you are. Maybe instead of telling everyone you are a Christian, you should just demonstrate it.

You really are a weirdo. A grown man trying to provoke another grown man by using homophobic taunts.

Because it is a university, a place of education. These organizations and clubs exist to educate students.

I know that, Pat. I was joking a little.

Strange as it may seem, me and another guy IRL were joking about the state of these same things just prior to this spur of the thread.

Mostly about a few women we know and the relationship between tramp stamps and rosary beads.

1 Like

Correct. I didn’t start it. It was started based on something else I said in another thread. Go ahead look, you’ll see I didn’t start the thread.

I am for it, belive it or not. If they want to advertise the Rosary, I have no complaints. Every so often some one will look at what it and wonder what it really means. And one those may take it to heart. And a life could be better for it.

Whether or not you started it, you still spoke like a true Christian on it. Did you learn that in Sunday School?

And you did create the thread. You do know how these forums work? It’s not a secret who an OP is.

Are you sure they are Rosary beads?

It’s dreadfully boring, I assure you. Though I’posted it, myself, .at present I just don’t have the energy to unpack it. .

1 Like

Lol… That’s an odd comparison.

I am still waiting for the lies I told.

I was the subject of a thread, I didn’t start it. I am interesting, what can I say? Don’t be jealous, be more interesting.

Been there…

You created the thread. And it wasn’t interesting, it was disturbing.

I’m not sure how we got all the way here from the Supreme Court (PWI being PWI, I guess), but FWIW, Pat tried posting the “marathon sex” thing as a comment in the “All Things Woo-Woo” thread.

I turned it into a new thread on its own since I didn’t see how it related to thread’s topic and that thread had been quiet for three weeks so it would’ve been a very weird and random thread bump.

3 Likes

And it was so hard for him to just say that?

Which is why I said that even if he didn’t start the thread it was still a weird and disturbing thing to post, especially from a self-professed Christian white knight who claims to not post such things.

Which gets to why he didn’t just explain it from the beginning.

And you couldn’t take your eyes off of it?