The Supreme Court Fight is On. The Divide Worsens

Dude! Have you ever been to church?

People bend over backwards trying to self felate over how fucking (what ever denomination) they are!

Don’t you know pat speaks for all Catholics?

He apparently has never been to a Catholic church in Sicily (maybe he’s afraid of gypsies). You have old women in black, still dressed in mourning after 20 years, trying to see who can pray the Rosary the fastest. I remember hearing women talking about someone who didn’t wear black for the proper amount of time as though she should have been burned as a heretic.

Then, during the feast for the patron saint, where people will attach money to his statue, you have those who make it a point that people see just how much money they are donating. And based on my experience as an altar boy (yeah, I had to one up you heathens), the priests didn’t like those people much. They liked their money though.

No Pat, sorry, hope that didn’t come across wrong. Just thought it sounded like an uncomfortable moment,heh.

I’ve had my last rights.

Ha! Top that.

Also, these-

Thats me.

2 Likes

Can’t top it, but can tie it. I’ve had the same…

Beautiful. The church, that is, lol. Seriously, very cool.

1 Like

If they’re bending over backwards to do that, they’re going about it all wrong. (Or they’re very, very flexible.)

1 Like

I gave a couple of priests free beer when they came to my family’s restaurant. That’s doing the Lord’s work.

1 Like

I shouldn’t have dragged you into it. My apologies.

Be free!

That job was pretty neat. It was like an 80 piece set for new construction because the church had been destroyed from a tornado, so the whole congregation got involved in the rebuilding process. We’d send them photo updates on Facebook and stuff. It was great to see that kind of enthusiasm and devotion. Definitely gives you an extra little something to work for.

2 Likes

Oh wow, I can relate as we lost ours to a hurricane. We like to say that about the only thing left standing was the tabernacle. After rallying together with the rest of the community for its more generalized post hurricane relief, we began to rebuild. Today it is complete and a testament to human perseverance.

Awesome work, man.

1 Like

I did not start that thread. Go check if you don’t believe me.

I have been to ‘a’ church. Yes, a bragging how much more you know than your fellow congregates is frequently discouraged.
There is a difference between knowing your faith or about a faith and saying 'I am an expert and don’t question me because I have done A,B and C…

That’s a load of crap.

About?

And quit whining. And pfury can’t always bail you out.

Anointing of the Sick? I am covered. I am ready to croak.

Don’t get your hopes up, folks.

If in can survive that wall, to Good Lord hasn’t called it in yet.

Ready to croak? Don’t go doing that, you hear?. Hope you’re doing well now, pat.

According to the dr, 80%. It takes 6 months to a year for full recovery. Times, dates, names are still difficult for me.
It’s a difficult experience to explain. And depending on where you hit, it’s different issues for for different people.

Luke Keakly’s concussion was the most similar to mine that I have looked at as a comparison. I would be out for the season if I played a sport.

1 Like

Shoot pat, I must have missed something while I was away from the forum? How were you concussed so badly? Work accident? Car accident? Sorry to hear this. Man, you keep your spirits up and take care of yourself.

Lol… I tripped on my steps going upstairs trying to help my wife. I tripped on the top step and went head first through the ajacent wall.
I remember everything until I hit the wall and then found myself crying like a baby on the floor, for an hour and a half. Yes, I went to the hospital.
The one thing I remember of the sound of the dry wall crushing around my head. It was super loud. I’ll never forget that sound.
If I went out it was only for a moment. But over the next 4 days I went to shit.

I could totally understand how someone could get a head injury and then say ‘put me in coach’. I hit bottom day 4. The only way others knew was because I was slurring like a drunk the day of and the following day. Then the train left the tracks days after.

1 Like

download

1 Like