The Supreme Court Fight is On. The Divide Worsens

I’d say if they can justify the religious influence equating to a higher quality adoptor, I’m absolutely alright with it. If they can’t show that religion equates to higher quality, I’d say dump the funding.

I have no doubt data could be found to back up prioritizing giving kids to religious folks

If not, Pfury, what about kids needing adoption? If the government wants more children adopted faster, and St. Vincent is doing a heck of a job (as it appears) well? But we’d cut it off, because the Catholic organization doesn’t adopt out to gays? No matter that other organizations getting monies are, (So no establishment) …Nose, spite of face. And free expression and assembly are explicitly protected How in the world did that get flipped to meaning the government should be confiscating and redistributing based upon “good” state approved religious expression?

I live in small town rural Florida and yet town center is full of store fronts with pride flag displays. No fear at all. We have couples that literally drove out of their way to TARGET religious organizations trying to assist with helping the under served., Oh, and a humble small time baker…Where is the epiidemic requiring such an uncompromising non-flinching response? My University almost couldn’t let me enter a room without letting me know it was a safe space (with a rainbow triangle symbol or somesuch). Like, geeze.

Sorry, I keep getting fired back up into it. The St. Vincent’s article stoked the furnace yet again.

Dude, we’ll trade you legalization, ok?

What about them? If they weren’t adopting kids out to black people I’d say the same thing. If St Vincent cares about children and staying in business, they’d be perfectly capable of just changing their anti gay rules, would they not?

No, I’d cut it off. I would do absolutely nothing to stop you, or anyone else, from donating privately if you want to support it.

Legalization of what? I’m always down for a cost effective trade

The greeeeeen stuff, shhhh. /fingers to lips.

So, turn down their help with adopting out the numbers of children they were previously capable of. Ok.I don’t know where we go from here.

Lol I don’t need you for that broski. :stuck_out_tongue:

Would you have left restrictions off of hospitals/banks/etc that wouldn’t see black people because they’re helping people anyways? The concept of equality on the back of tax payers isn’t a rough concept for me to get behind

They are. Private doesn’t mean invisible, it’s not Hogworts.

Apologies for the verbiage that conflicts with yours. Allow me to rephrase.

Hey man all they’ve gotta do is not ask people to pay for their discrimination. I promise most of us would immediately drop it all :wink:

That is just absurd.

If she places who she is as a person so far above what St. Josephs is as a hospital, then she can take out her own fucking uterus.

2 Likes

If the government wants to stay out of their business then I am sure they could live happily off of tuition.

I love you, man… no homo

1 Like

I’d be perfectly happy with that tbh. I don’t mind bigots if I don’t have to subsidize them

Who’s being the bigot here?

In the scenario we were discussing? Probably the Catholic Church that fires a gay guy for being gay?

Asking to stop INequality isn’t the same thing as being a bigot yourself the way I think of it. Lincoln wasn’t being biggoted against slave owners by nature of asking them to stop owning other human beings

Edit: although I guess you could argue Lincoln was a bigot if you really wanted to

Do you feel the same way about nuns running a soup kitchen as you would about skinheads running a soup kitchen?

Am I one of the bigots, pfury?

What about those who don’t want to marry and yet want to be open about their multiple ‘relationships’ (casual sex)? What about open swingers? Is it ok if Catholics still discriminate against those forms of consenting sexuality and still get to help in the concerted effort to educate the underserved?

Is this a soup kitchen that charges people for soup?

If you owned a non religious centric business would you turn down employment to a gay person if they were more qualified than a straight person?

Are said Catholics accepting my money? If they are, I’m not okay with it. If they aren’t, they can do as they please since monogamy is preached.

I wouldn’t bake the wedding cake.Now? If it isn’t obvious, I support the actions of the baker, the schools, the adoption agencies, and the hospitals.